Search Unity

Official Unity 2019.2 Is Now Available

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by LeonhardP, Jul 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

2. shotoutgames

shotoutgames

When I click on Combo box Layout.
    error:
    (Only happens in my main project)
    Menu Window/Layouts couldn't be found

3. justtime

justtime

Got this error at startup
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Error: Could not load signature of UnityEngine.Purchasing.UIFakeStore:GetOkayButton due to: Could not load file or assembly 'UnityEngine.UI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. assembly:UnityEngine.UI, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null type:<unknown type> member:(null) signature:<none>

4. ivank

ivank

2019.2 LWRP light limit
    It seems that in 2019.2 in LWRP project there is no indication/warning that while there is a number of "Additional Lights" allowed in LWRP settings (4 - 8?), none of them can be a directional one.

Suggestion:
    Imho it should be clearly stated right in the settings pane!

I spent quite a while wondering why my single additional directional light does not lit the scene...
    Unless I did something wrong, which of course may be the case...:)

EvOne likes this.
  5. Deleted User

Deleted User

Where is the Unity Tech Release Announcements thread for 2019.2?

sebas77 likes this.
  6. JacobFast

JacobFast

Does not open files from console in Visual Studio Code anymore on mac. for example console error output:

Hoard.Create(Borders b) (at Assets/Scripts/Hoard.cs:49)

in 2018.2 It launches vscode finds hoard.cs file and goes to line 49 (just tested, have both unity versions in hub)
    in 2019.2 only launches vscode but does not open the file.

Preferences screens:
    Screen Shot 2019-08-10 at 11.21.01 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-08-10 at 11.20.49 PM.png

mikapote likes this.
  7. hurleybird

hurleybird

Anyone else getting broken references when upgrading to 2019.2?

8. zukesZen

zukesZen

Actually I did some updates to SDK tools etc. and now I don't have that problem anymore. Don't know sure, what was the root of this problem, but I think it was something to do with tools outside the unity.

9. Deozaan

Deozaan

Did Unity remove 2019.2 from official release? I only see it in the beta section of the Hub still.

Judging by all the reported problems in this thread, it belongs in beta for a while longer.

10. Deleted User

Deleted User

Maybe you should just stop reading the forums and use Unity 2019.2 and Unity Hub 2.1; make your own opinion about them instead of living in fear. Backup your projects before upgrading to a new version of Unity.

11. angelo9888

angelo9888

Real time indirect lighting is not working in HDRP...

12. RikN

RikN

Upgraded my 2D project from 2019.1 to 2019.2. Got 3 errors on upgrading:
    1. The entire System.Drawing namespace is not working. Got several errors like the following:

Assets\Scripts\[...].cs(177,31): error CS1069: The type name 'Point' could not be found in the namespace 'System.Drawing'. This type has been forwarded to assembly 'System.Drawing, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' Consider adding a reference to that assembly.

In visual Studio the 'using System.Drawing' is greyed out and when typing System.D it does not show up in the suggestions.
    So far I tried:
    Switching to .Net 4, no result so I switched back
    Starting a new 2D 2019.2 from scratch and trying to use System.Drawing. This works, so it is not a problem with 2019.2, but rather with upgrading my project to it.

2. I am using Tilemaps and have my own brush class that is based on the GridBrush. So I had to add using UnityEditor.Tilemaps; to get rid of some errors as described in the upgrade docs. However, both my scene and game views were displaying some graphical glitches, so I restarted the project and now both views are almost fully blank, only some random areas are drawn.
    I should note that all the graphics make use of the Tilemap tools, but even the blue default unity background is mostly white. The scene view itself is entirely white, except for 1 prefab type, which is the only one that uses a 3D component (cube mesh)

When I open one of the prefabs in the hierarchy it is displayed correctly in the scene view (still not in game view), when I go back to the entire scene it is white again.

Edit: removing all script that use System.Drawing fixes both issues. The errors that are caused by the System.Drawing reference seem to mess with the rendering of the scene and game views. Fortunately this allows me to continue working for now, but I still haven't found a solution for the error regarding System.Drawing.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    VirtualPierogi likes this.
  13. Deleted User

Deleted User

How did you upgrade your project? Did you just change the version of Unity in the Hub and started it? If yes, try the following:
    1. get back to the back up version of your project,
    2. in the directory, just keep the Assets, ProjectSettings, and Packages folder,
    3. import your project into 2019.2.; the missing directories will be recreated,
    4. your project will open on an empty scene, look for you last saved scene and load it.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2019
    Gametyme likes this.
  14. RikN

RikN

Yes I initially upgraded by simply opening the project in the new version via the Hub.

I followed your steps, I deleted everything except those 3 folders from my backup project (via Windows explorer). Then I added the project via the Hub and opened it in the latest version of unity. This fixes all issues aside from the errors regarding the namespace System.Drawing. All the problems with the blank scene/game view are gone and in my scripts 'UnityEditor.Tilemaps.' was automatically added to all GridBrush references. However, the CS1069 error still remains.

Edit: My google search on the System.Drawing problems did not yield many results. However, I found similar reports with other System.**** namespaces (e.g. https://forum.unity.com/threads/cs-1069-error-build-fail-with-system-threading-timer.246701/). Assembly Definitions are often named as a potential fix (https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/ScriptCompilationAssemblyDefinitionFiles.html), although I cannot find a clear step-by-step example of how to implement the solution.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  15. Deleted User

Deleted User

Well, at least it narrows down the work you'll have to do to fix your project. ;)

16. konsic

konsic

Error launching the editor. Application path does not exist

How to fix this ?

17. Deleted User

Deleted User

Deinstall the editor and reinstall it?

18. SplashFoxGames

SplashFoxGames

seems the issue with signing for android is still in the 2019.2.1f1 (if its a bug)?

Edit: probably related to it: https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...e-was-tampered-with-or-password-was-incorrect
    Please take a look, as its a critical issue as its impossible to build for android without creating a new keystore (no sense, because the game assigned with google play developer console)

Edit2: so I have, lets say "game.keystore" file. I can open it in Unity 2019.2.0.a14, enter password, see the alias and export app as release APK for android, but in Unity 2019.2.1f1 (or keystore viewer app) it says "keystore was tampered with, or password was incorrect". Please help : ) (the keystore file was most probably created in Unity 5.6.3 version or so)

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  19. NVJOB

NVJOB

Again cloth physics broke.

And in the new version, fbx exporter does not work again.
    fbx exporter does not work again.png

I had to switch back to the older version 2019.1.8f1.
    In general, the update is not very successful, it’s good that I always back up my projects.

Normal work cloth physics. Unity 2019.1.8f1.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    SomeGuy22 likes this.
  20. Deleted User

Deleted User

KWLO likes this.
  21. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

If you're able to reproduce the issue, could you please submit a bug-report as described in this document:
    https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting

It's important that you report these issues together with a reproduction project if you want them to get fixed. If you don't do it, it might be a long time until someone else reports them or until Unity Technologies find them.

After you submitted the bug-report, you receive a confirmation email with a bug-report Case number. Please post the Case number (number only, not the link) in this forum thread for Unity staff to pick up.

22. SplashFoxGames

SplashFoxGames

sorry to disturb, any news regarding this ? is it something can be fixed ?
    - I can open my .keystore file in Unity 2019.2.a14, and in Unity's keystore manager I see alias/key etc, all is good
    - If I open this .keystore file in Unity 2019.2.1f1 - I can't open the keystore - it says password is wrong or keystore is tampered (same was starting from beta 8 or so). Additionally, I can't view this keystore file in any keytool or keystore explorer programs, but I have a game uploaded to Google Developer Console previously using it.

23. Driven

Driven

Can anyone cache ads in 2019.2? Using admob mediation with unity ads throws these errors for me:

Error UnityAds: com.unity3d.services.core.cache.CacheThreadHandler.downloadFile() (line:163) :: Network error: Response code: Cleartext HTTP traffic to cdn-creatives-highwinds-prd.unityads.unity3d.com not permitted

Error UnityAds: com.unity3d.services.core.api.Sdk.logError() (line:70) :: {"message":"Caching failed","name":"CacheStatusFailed"}

android:usesCleartextTraffic="true" is present in the manifest

it works in 2019.1

24. NVJOB

NVJOB

Ok, so I did.
    fogbugz.png

I sent it along with the project, although the problem always occurs and it is not very difficult to repeat it.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    SomeGuy22 and Peter77 like this.
  25. SomeGuy22

SomeGuy22

Yep that's the same bug discussed in this thread and in this thread. It appears cloth gravity is set to some random point in space and external forces no longer work, reproducible in 2019.2.0f1. It's a regression bug reported by multiple people already. It's happened on every mesh, regardless of dampening parameters or solver frequency, all you need is a cloth component and it'll go flying, at least from my tests.

There's already an issue tracker submission for it which says "fix in review". You can go vote on it but not sure if it'll help since I'm guessing it's being worked on? That's all I've heard about it but apparently there's a new Unity version 2019.2.1? Last I checked it wasn't available in the hub so I'm not sure if that update solves the issue. This is a pretty critical error which basically renders all cloth unusable, so I'm hoping we'll get a patch quickly.

26. NVJOB

NVJOB

SomeGuy22. There is not only a problem with gravity. The bending points are mixed when the project starts.
    And I think that you didn't describe the problem correctly. But I voted there and left a comment.

27. SomeGuy22

SomeGuy22

Are you talking about the fact that the cloth in your video didn't use external forces while the gravity option was off? What do mean by the bending points?

It looks like the cloth in your video appeared to move in one direction regardless of your "random acceleration" options which is the incorrect gravity direction that I'm seeing. You just had them clamped at 1 so they didn't fly off like mine did, unless your project is somehow not bugged in the same way. Try that same setup without any constraints or external forces, you should see it move sideways instead of downwards. I'm in Unity 2019.2.0f1.

I actually did more experiments and recorded a video to show that I'm describing:

I discovered that cloth gravity worked as expected while the plane was in its default rotation. You'll notice the first two plays it falls straight down. But once I rotated it is when gravity gets flipped to some random point. I tried rotating it to different angles but the gravity direction seemed to just pick some arbitrary Vector. This is what I'm facing with my in-game character's clothing, all of the cloth objects just fly up at weird angles and don't respect gravity. I also had issues with cloth inflation and becoming puffy, which I suspect is a result of the weird gravity.

28. NVJOB

NVJOB

SomeGuy22.
    I lost 8 hours of time due to the fact that in the latest versions of Unity the cloth physics was constantly broken. Just cloth physics, broken in different versions in different ways.
    In version 2019.2.0f1, if you use more complex geometry, the bend points are mixed and the object turns into a mess. But also gravity and external influence do not work.
    In my opinion, cloth physics in version 2019.2.0f1 is completely broken.

At the moment, version 2019.1.8f1 is the most stable, although I did not check everything, it is possible that something is broken in it, but I did not notice it.

SomeGuy22 likes this.
  29. Metron

Metron

I installed it through the hub yesterday, so it show up...

30. Deleted User

Deleted User

It didn't when I wrote my post, obviously.

31. SomeGuy22

SomeGuy22

Interesting, I didn't realize the problem was that severe. The post above just said 2019.2.1 was released, and I checked the hub; it's there now. They must've just added it in the past few days I guess, but after reading the patch notes there's nothing there that lists the cloth forces as fixed. The issue tracker, however, now says there's a planned fix that will be pushed back to 2019.2, so hopefully the next patch will solve the gravity bug. Not sure how that will impact your bend points, but it's at least step in the right direction. Sadly I started my project with 2019.2 so there's no going back to previous versions... I guess I just have to wait for the next patch. Looks like it's on their radar now, so I'll keep checking for updates.

32. NVJOB

NVJOB

SomeGuy22
    I have been working on my project for a very long time, starting with version 5. I always make backups before making serious changes. Unfortunately, my project already weighs a lot and each time unpacking the project, in case of serious problems, takes a very long time.
    Switching to new versions always scares me.
    I hope that the issue with cloth physics will be fixed. And fbx exporter will work too.
    After reading this topic, I saw that there are other problems in this version.

SomeGuy22 likes this.
  33. SplashFoxGames

SplashFoxGames

So I figured out the issue with keystores password errors. Some older unity version were setting passwords with " ' " sign, that means you entered password:
    monkey
    but Unity (or android/java tools) set password for the keystore as
    'monkey'
    and thats why you have issues with messages like "keystore was tampered or wrong password"
    just try to add this sign to the start and end of your password (and sure you can change password now using keytool for the key and keystore itself to remove the 's).

Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  34. AutoAssault

AutoAssault

I have encountered another bug I guess...or at least it seems so. I've update my project from version 2019.1.8f to 2019.2.1f. I am working on Windows 10.

After the update, I got the following error:
    upload_2019-8-21_21-57-46.png

Then I tried different settings in the "Volume (Script)" in my current project. I expected it somehow to be HDRI-Sky related. But nothing changed.

Double-Clicking on the error, Visual Studio redirects me to "HDRenderPipeline.cs", line 1482, more exactly to the highlighted function "renderContext.Submit()", see below:

upload_2019-8-21_22-12-21.png

After that, I went to the Hub and created a new "HDRP Project 2019.2.1f" in a different folder. I expected that the error is gone, but even with a completely "untouched" project the same error (as above) occured.

Interesstingly, if I setup a new project "HDRP Project" with version 2019.1.8f, the error does not occur.

Is this a known bug of 2019.2.1f, or do I miss something here?

EDIT: I forgot to mention what the result of the error is: No "background Sky" is visible, and there is no light from the sky. Also, changing settings in the "HDRI Sky" in Volume Settings does not affect the scene.

35. NVJOB

NVJOB

In version 2019.2.2f1, unfortunately, cloth physics is again broken.

36. SomeGuy22

SomeGuy22

I've checked out 2019.2.2f1 as well, there's no fix for any of the cloth issues. Gravity is still incorrect, and after UV unwrapping my mesh I found that distortion started happening on the static object before playmode even starts, something I've seen on other people's projects as well.

The cloth is not supposed to distort like that. This is how it looks while the Cloth component is disabled:

This is well documented at least one of the other threads I linked above.

Obviously I didn't really expect a fix with 2019.2.2f1 because the changelog doesn't list anything about cloth except for a known issue with crashing. There's not even a "known issue" for both the gravity and distortion which, as far as I'm aware, is reproducible on every project on Windows with Unity 2019.2.0 all the way up to 2019.2.2. It's been several weeks since 2019.2, so I'm just concerned about how long it'll take before it's fixed, though I imagine it's a complicated process. If there's anything more I can do to help I'd be glad to document more findings or experiment more with the component.

37. konsic

konsic

When says Select Editor in the Hub, what should I select?

1) There is a bug in Hub. When you created project with previous version of Untiy, with next version you can't open the project because it doesn't know where is Editor located.

2)
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Screen position out of view frustum (screen pos 0.000000, 0.000000, 1000.000000) (Camera rect 0 0 1024 1024)
    2. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  38. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

39. matar15

matar15

IOS build support and Android build support not install with unity hub.

Version 2018 can't build 64 bit. Even i use IL2CPP to get the ARM64. Google complains about 64 bit bnot included.

Currently I can't do anything. Very frustrating.

Damn you Unity

40. Vladysav_Kuizhuklu

Vladysav_Kuizhuklu

Hello, I am new to unity and I have no idea how to access Inspector window on a new version of unity.

Thank you, and have a great rest of your day.

41. Deleted User

Deleted User

The same way you access it in all versions, by clicking on the object you want to see in the Inspector window in the Hierarchy view.

42. yuliyF

yuliyF

Code (CSharp):
    2. using UnityEngine;
    3. using UnityEngine.UI;
    5. public Image image;
    The type or namespace name 'Image' could not be found and to suppose using UnityEngine.UIElements ... hm it's different

43. Make sure you added the "Unity UI" package in the package manager.

44. fendercodes

fendercodes

@SomeGuy22 I'm seeing the same issues as you. Is there a bug ticket being tracked?

45. yuliyF

yuliyF

46. SomeGuy22

SomeGuy22

Here is the issue tracker link for the velocity bug, though I'm not sure if it encompasses the stretching/distortion as well... it could be related or something else entirely. Regardless, other people documented the stretching so I'm hoping the devs are aware of it. Someone in the issue tracker comments is saying it seems like there's already a fix for the 2020 version, but they have yet to push it back for 2019.

47. Deozaan

Deozaan

I've been updating some older (Unity 5.x or 2017.x) to Unity 2018 LTS this past week and I get similar errors. It seems to be the transition from the built-in uGUI to the package manager version that does it. Or I suppose it could be that just updating from any version to a newer version causes this error.

As stated in that issue in the bug tracker, I've found that simply restarting the Editor makes the errors go away for me. But again, that's just my experience with Unity 2018 LTS. I've not attempted it in 2019.x.

48. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

49. DrFragger

DrFragger

I upgraded my project from 2019.2.0b5 because i wanted a stable release of unity to build my project..as I am using the 2D Light package which was new at the release of that update...

50. SomeGuy22

SomeGuy22

@NVJOB Just a small update, the issue tracker appears to list a fix in review for the external force bug with 2019.3 so it looks like they're managing to push back the changes from 2020. Hopefully it'll be available for 2019.2 as a patch soon, again I'm not sure if that'll fix the distortion/stretching or anything else. They just released 2019.2.3f1, and the bug is now listed in the known issues section. I'd guess that we'll see it fixed within a week or two.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.