Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Horse Animset Pro 3

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Dec 22, 2015.

?

Horse Animset Pro 3 Priority Features (* Complexity)

Poll closed Feb 15, 2017.
  1. Combat While Riding (Melee) ***

13 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Combat While Riding (Ranged) ****

14 vote(s)
    53.8%
  3. Pegasus **

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. Cart/Carriage/Wagon Pull **

11 vote(s)
    42.3%
  5. Horse Sounds *

12 vote(s)
    46.2%
  6. More & Stable Integrations (Realistic FPS Prefab, UFPS, Otti's, Opsiive TCP... etc) **

16 vote(s)
    61.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Plussmaci

Plussmaci

Absolutely! Here you go:

Please let me know if you need more info or I did just a stupid. It was working perfectly in Unity 2018. :c

2. mandisaw

mandisaw

You can try googling or searching the Unity forums for either "Unity riding multiplayer" or "Horse multiplayer" to see if anyone has any tips.

There are also some networked/multiplayer games already out that feature riding/mounts, so you could look into those, and maybe see if there are any technical demos or articles about what they did.

Keep in mind though, that I think Unity has officially deprecated UNet, so I don't know if those assets will transition to the new multiplayer solution, or if you'll want to look into something different.

Malbers likes this.
  3. Kesarium

Kesarium

Hi,

I'm having an issue regarding the animator and playing animations with a boar model I've set up to be a mount. Its only going through its idle animations and its "Stand" variable is always set to true for some reason.

In my own code I'm setting the animator's bool "Stand" to true or false but it doesn't change the variable in the game object's animator, I'm checking it during runtime. I'm also setting the "Vertical" animator variable to 1f or 0f for walk or idle but that variable isn't getting changed in the animator either. So my boars are always sliding around the game playing their idle animations when they're wandering around but when the player mounts them they animate with their walk and run animations just fine.

I've tried:
    myAnimator.SetFloat(myAnimal.hash_Horizontal, 1f);
    myAnimator.SetBool(myAnimal.hash_Stand, false);
    and
    myAnimator.SetFloat("Vertical", 1f);
    myAnimator.SetBool("Stand", false);

Am I missing something as to why those variables won't change in the animator using my own code?

4. Malbers

Malbers

The Stand variable is set here on the Animal Movement Script:
    upload_2019-8-21_12-31-41.png

and they are Updated every frame on the animator here:

upload_2019-8-21_12-33-52.png

You should not force change that variable...because the Animal script will change it back.

5. Malbers

Malbers

I'm still trying to reproduce your problem with no luck ... sorry :(

I'm uploading this weekend the new Horse Animset pro with the new horses,
    I have test it out on every version of Unity above 2018.1+ and is working as expected :)

Please wait until I have it released so you can upgrade it

Cheers!

mandisaw, Rowlan and CreativeEnd like this.
  6. CreativeEnd

CreativeEnd

The new horses are ready? I'm really looking forward to those. :)

7. gearedgeek

gearedgeek

@Malbers Any updates with the update? How's it coming aong?

8. Malbers

Malbers

working as we speak on the mobile demo scene :)

mandisaw and gearedgeek like this.
  9. gearedgeek

gearedgeek

That's awesome. I'm glad to hear that it will have a mobile scene. I'm actually working on the mobile scene.

mandisaw and Malbers like this.
  10. zmiksic

zmiksic

Hello. I'm using Horse Animset Pro 3.1.8 asset with Unity 2019.2.0f1 and I have a problem with the Cloth on HorseHair. When I drag Horse3 prefab to the scene and activate Cloth component on HorseHair some vertices are all over the place. Please help! Screen Shot 2019-08-23 at 20.39.42.png

11. teutonicus

teutonicus

Cloth in general is busted in most of the 2019 releases I've used, ie. not asset specific.

12. Malbers

Malbers

The best thing to do with cloth in 2019 is disable it for now :(

13. Malbers

Malbers

christougher, gearedgeek and Rowlan like this.
  14. zmiksic

zmiksic

Can you please recommend Unity version where Cloth is working properly on HorseHair?

15. Malbers

Malbers

2017 and 2018 are working as expected (the video was tested on 2018.3.1

16. gearedgeek

gearedgeek

Will you be adding any features to assist with mobile like auto aim/shoot or something like that?

Any rough time frame on release?

17. Malbers

Malbers

an AutoAim feature would be nice!

I will add it to the List

the New version of HAP should be at the end of this month.... on august 30 I will stop adding stuff and I will publish what I have so far

mandisaw and Willbkool_FPCS like this.
  18. Malbers

Malbers

I have some bad news guys.. :(

I spent 3 days working on fixing the wagon Logic, and I got nowhere.. the wheels physic is so unstable, I can't find the right setting for it...

I even try to work on a custom wheel collider ... and nothing.. (that is a big big monster)
    I try most of the tutorials regarding wheel colliders,
    but the physics in unity with the wheels .. are just ... well my weakness

So I have decided to remove completely the Wagon Logic from HAP.. and I will focus on what I'm good at.. Keep making animations and improving HAP

the Wagon model will stay inside HAP...

Regards
    Malbers

19. Jaimi

Jaimi

Does this mean no more support for coaches/wagons/carts like in the posting below?

https://forum.unity.com/threads/released-horse-animset-pro-3.375652/page-12#post-3031274
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/released-horse-animset-pro-3.375652/page-4#post-2702157

20. Willbkool_FPCS

Willbkool_FPCS

Have you tried NWH Coding's wheel collider asset? Wagons are the main reason that I acquired HAP.

21. Yan-Pepin

Yan-Pepin

Hi! I'm trying to use Timeline with horses but for that, I need to call Animator.ApplyBuiltinRootMotion() so that the horse's root motion is no more controlled by the Animal script. The problem is, I can't find where in the code is the root motion controlled. The only thing I know is that, as soon as I remove the Animal component from the horse, the root motion checkbox appears in the Animator component and the horse moves in Timeline as expected.

Can somebody tell me where the root motion is set?

Thanks!

22. Malbers

Malbers

The Wagon logic I had, depends of physics and it gets unstable when you least expected...
    I don't want to have a feature that causes more harm than good..

I will try that asset to see if I can make an integration with it...

Willbkool_FPCS likes this.
  23. Malbers

Malbers

The RootMotion Option is change constantly from false to true.. depending on the Animations the animal is playing...

The Option is disabled on the Animator because I use OnAnimatorMove on the Animal Script ... using that Unity Callback changes the Option on the Animator.... for now what you can do with the old version is to disable it manually on a custom script... Animator.applyRootMotion = false...

I know is an ugly solution but works :)

On the new Controller... you can disable it directly on the States

24. CreativeEnd

CreativeEnd

You probably don't really need to simulate the wheel physics for the wagon. You could just animate the wheels turning and give the whole thing root motion. If you want it to tip side to side, you could do a couple ray/capsule casts down from the wheels and calculate the slope.

Either way, I'm glad you're including the wagon model. I use my own controllers anyway, but I love your models and animation.

mandisaw likes this.
  25. Yan-Pepin

Yan-Pepin

Great! Thanks!

26. tredpro

tredpro

would it be possible to get an emerald ai integration?

27. Malbers

Malbers

is on the list ... but first I need to update all the current ones with the new system

28. tredpro

tredpro

Sweet. Also asked them the same and they said they are planning after their 2.3 release. So sounds like integration should be pretty solid lol

29. gearedgeek

gearedgeek

@Malbers have you updated HAP to work with UCC from Opsive? I'm just wondering I know you have a lot on your plate.

30. wood333

wood333

Hi Malbers,

I am using Unity 2018.3, Invector Shooter, and the HAP integration. Everything is working, except when the Invector player character dies, he does not respawn, which is standard with Invector. I get an error message:

Can't remove vThirdPersonController (script) because InvectorHAPLinkShooter (script) depends on it.

and Invector says, "Yep, I think you're trying to destroy the Player but HAP integration needs access... you probably need to make a verification to remove/add the player when he dies/spawn"

I am using both HAP and Invector Shooter with no modifications. Is this something that can be corrected in the Integration update?

31. Malbers

Malbers

can you share a screenshot of the error to see the line is failing?

32. Malbers

Malbers

When I release the Update I'll start working on the integrations again :)

Willbkool_FPCS likes this.
  33. wood333

wood333

Invector and HAP death error.PNG

34. Malbers

Malbers

I know :) try removing the dependencies on the the Link Script ... this one:
    upload_2019-8-31_0-50-51.png

35. Malbers

Malbers

mandisaw, CreativeEnd and gearedgeek like this.
  36. gearedgeek

gearedgeek

37. Malbers

Malbers

remember to remove completely the older version ;)

38. tredpro

tredpro

so the integration for invector is still for the older version right? or did i mess up somewhere?

39. schaderDev

schaderDev

Hi Malbers,

quick question about the "Ultimate Charachter Controller" from Opsive.
    Justin (Opsive Dev) mentioned a couple month ago that you will do the integration.
    Are you still planning to do that? Or are you busy at the moment?

40. tredpro

tredpro

I believe the integration folder had folders for opsive. But idk if its for the last version or this newest update

41. Malbers

Malbers

After I finish migrating all the remaining animals to the new controller I will work on updating the integrations... Invector, Ootii and Opsive

Migrating the Animals should take 1 or 2 days per asset..

All the integrations are obsolete... please wait until I have updated them all

mandisaw likes this.
  42. tredpro

tredpro

Could you pm me the last update before 4.0 please?

43. tredpro

tredpro

Ignore that. I just remembered where I placed my back ups. Sorry werent able to locate them before

Malbers likes this.
  44. Malbers

Malbers

Is still in the old version

45. zkajo

zkajo

Amazing work on the controller! :D I know you don't recommend the wagon controller for production, so I'm not going to hold it against you if you don't have an answer for me, but I'll try anyway!

I want to make a canyon-like terrain, but the horse likes walking on slopes such as this :) Any clue how to solve it?

Rowlan, Malbers and Willbkool_FPCS like this.
  46. Malbers

Malbers

Here's the fix :) I'm uploading it to the Store :)

Attached Files:

hopeful likes this.
  47. monte_carlo

monte_carlo

Hello Malbers,
    Can you tell me if there is a tutorial for setting up the rider ? I have been trying to get it to work for a long time, I have copied everything from the rider included in the asset onto a mixamo rigged rider and updated all settings, it all works except for mount and dismount, so the basic 3rd person controller is ok, if I set “start mounted” that also works except for dismount.
    I am using unity 2018.4.7 and hap 4
    Thankyou

48. Ishizuke

Ishizuke

I need to copy "Mounted" animation layer from Malbers player controller to my player controller. I think previously I did it by copy-paste sequence, but now in Unity 2019.2.4 it don't work. Is the only way to copy animation layer is to reproduce states and transitions manually one-by-one?

49. Malbers

Malbers

Hi there! I'm updating the documentation to the new version and
    I'm re-writing a quick setup on how to set it Right.. please stay tuned ... I post more updates when the HAP Documentation is ready.
    Meanwhile to know a bit better the controller you need to know that there's no more Inputs inside the Rider Script.. they are on the MalbersInput now..
    The mount and dismount are now called by the Methods MRider.MountAnimal() and MRider.DismountAnimal()
    Which are connected to the Malbers Inputs:
    upload_2019-9-12_20-58-21.png

If you are not using Malbers Input you can associate MRider.MountAnimal() and MRider.DismountAnimal() to your input system instead.

The button is still there.. you need to have an animator on the same Gameobject as the Rider and RiderCombat scripts:
    upload_2019-9-12_20-53-41.png
    The script will search for the Animator and if it does not have the Mounted Layer.. then with the button it will automatically added to your Character Animator

Although I haven't test it out on 2019.2.4... Let me confirm if is still there.

50. Tarball

Tarball

Hi, I've had this and the Unka assets for a couple of years, but I have never used them, because every time I try to import I get a bunch of errors. I love the art, but the errors are really annoying. I would like to have a dragon to ride in current game, but I have the same problem as always. How can I import both assets into the same project? I can import each one individually, but if I try to add the other, there are errors everywhere.

Edit: Unity version 2018.4.9

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019