Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Horse Animset Pro 3

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Malbers, Dec 22, 2015.

?

Horse Animset Pro 3 Priority Features (* Complexity)

Poll closed Feb 15, 2017.
  1. Combat While Riding (Melee) ***

13 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Combat While Riding (Ranged) ****

14 vote(s)
    53.8%
  3. Pegasus **

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. Cart/Carriage/Wagon Pull **

11 vote(s)
    42.3%
  5. Horse Sounds *

12 vote(s)
    46.2%
  6. More & Stable Integrations (Realistic FPS Prefab, UFPS, Otti's, Opsiive TCP... etc) **

16 vote(s)
    61.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. mediaticsvc64

mediaticsvc64

in fact i downgraded my project to 5.2.4 version of unity cause invector 3rd person had some issues with recent version. I try to change my unity version, thanks for your answer.

Malbers likes this.
  2. Malbers

Malbers

I have Invector TCP with Unity 5.3.1 with the Horse and works smoothly, maybe with Unity 5.3+ there some issues

Happy ridding then mediaticsvc64 :D

3. mediaticsvc64

mediaticsvc64

i upgraded to unity 5.3.0 and i can not get version 2 of horse animset pro...
    i deleted all the folder in my project and re-downloaded and re-imported....

4. Malbers

Malbers

Sorry is Unity 5.3.1

5. mediaticsvc64

mediaticsvc64

ok it works with unity 5.3.1
    thank you

Malbers likes this.
  6. mediaticsvc64

mediaticsvc64

I followed the tutorial but it doesn't work. i have my prefab, all the scripts, but the player don't go on the horse. I get a message error : ArgumentException: Input Button Fire3 is not setup
    i created a Fire3 button but it still doesn't work, any idea ?

Malbers likes this.
  7. mediaticsvc64

mediaticsvc64

ok i found the problem, it's because of the "mount key". i just have one more question; I use a xbox joystick so what have i to change to make it work please ? ( it's my last request )

Malbers likes this.
  8. Malbers

Malbers

Change this line of code on the Rider3rdPerson and add and Input to Mount with your xbox controller
    Something like this:
    CrossPlatformInputManager.GetButtonDown("Mount")

1 fire3.png

That should work,

if you have any other issue please let me know, I will be glad to help

9. mediaticsvc64

mediaticsvc64

will your answer let the horse walk with the xbox controller or is this only for the mount action ? I'm not sure to understand

10. Malbers

Malbers

I recently order a xbox controller, 'cause I don't have one to test the horse, that theoretically should solve the problem
    but theres a great asset for mapping input controls for all devices
    you can use
    Control Freak 2 or InControl

Another tips is to see what invector did for the Input, and use those Inputs names on the Horse Inputs

(Change also the horse velocities Alpha1, Alpha2 && Alpha3) on the HorseController

11. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

Rewired (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/21676) is the a great asset for all types of input handling. I have used your horse asset with various controllers including gamepads, flight controllers and even a racing wheel. Rewired makes it so easy in my opinion.

Malbers likes this.
  12. Pandur1982

Pandur1982

Hey Malbers i have a new idea.can you make a keyfunction to call the horse like witcher 3 with plötze?

Malbers likes this.
  13. treshold

treshold

OMG Horse Animset Pro is on 24h sale now :D so instant buy :D especially there is nice bridge for Invector's 3rd person character controller which I bought before ^^

14. Malbers

Malbers

Added to the List!!! :D:D

Yea Guys Tell your Friends Get your Hands on the Horse

hopeful likes this.
  15. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Wow.. At full price it is a deal.. On 24 hour sale, it is a steal! Have had this on my wishlist for a while waiting for a point that I had the extra cash.. Was able to squeeze out enough to grab it today! Looking forward to wagon pulling animations so I can pair this up with 3DForge's wagons from his exteriors kit!

Keep up the awesome work!

Malbers likes this.
  16. Malbers

Malbers

@3Dforgue and I exchange assets so I have his wagons to work with,
    So wagon pulling is coming soon! ;)

John-G, hopeful and S4G4N like this.
  17. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Actually, 3DForge is @S4G4N.. Not sure who the other person is.. heheh I collaborate with him as well. Another person in a group we are in pointed your asset out to the group just before he contacted you. I think there were probably a couple of us who took advantage of the sale today from that group. We all talked about how awesome your asset would be with his wagons before you two started talking. heheh Can't wait to see what you come up with.

I notice that you have videos for a couple different character controllers and getting them to work with the pack, but I don't see anything about the Ootii (@Tryz) Motion Controller. Would be awesome to have the pack working with it as well!

Malbers likes this.
  18. Malbers

Malbers

Thanks!! I will contact @Tryz to exchange assets then to make an integration asswell!!

hopeful, BackwoodsGaming and Tryz like this.
  19. Teila

Teila

All my friends are buying it now!! :) At least my Unity friends.... lol

BackwoodsGaming and Malbers like this.
  20. Malbers

Malbers

Thanks Teila!!! its going great!! :p

BackwoodsGaming, Teila and S4G4N like this.
  21. S4G4N

S4G4N

I am very excited to see them work with the prefabs that comes with the Village Exteriors Kit.

Will be cool to see the pulling animations since there are many wagons included, exported and supplied as completed prefabs ready to use with animations such as these.

Cheers
    Cobus

treshold, BackwoodsGaming and Malbers like this.
  22. Teila

Teila

We just need a yoke, Cobus! Get to work! ;)

S4G4N and Malbers like this.
  23. Malbers

Malbers

By the way guys , this is why Im not Working on the Horse these days :D:D:D
    Next week I will upload them, +81 animations!!!

Dragons.png

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
    S4G4N and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  24. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

Heheh.. I'd love to see a less cartoon version of those. The game I'm working on (or should be hadn't I got distracted by Gaia) is a fantasy based game built around a fae type world. Elves, sprites, imps, satyr, and similar. Would love having dragonkin type dragonlings like this which could be used alongside dragon models of Protofactor, Mr Necturus, or SF Bay Studios..

They guys are super cute though! Are they for a game you are making or a future asset? :p

Malbers likes this.
  25. Malbers

Malbers

they are all stuff I made in the past (they where for a game I was making in Cuba) but I l coulnd finish, the models and textures are done it my partner in crime Orlando Sanchez , I Rig, animate and make the programming. , I will tell Orlando that make some realisitc textures also, at least one !!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
  26. siblingrivalry

siblingrivalry

Malbers likes this.
  27. longroadhwy

longroadhwy

It is an awesome horse indeed.

Pulling wagons would be great. It is nice to have all of these various assets working together. @Malbers @S4G4N

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  28. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

I love it when asset publishers collaborate! :)

Malbers likes this.
  29. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

Just bought the asset for the amazing price.
    It seems that it is not compatible to the Gravity Twist Controller (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/40995).

After importing you get lot of errors.
    Beside some Material problems with Morph3d you get:
    "Assets/Standard Assets/Characters/ThirdPersonCharacter/Scripts/ThirdPersonUserControl.cs(10,17): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `ThirdPersonCharacter' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?"

Any ideas? Tried to not import the Standard Asset stuff but I always get some errors.

30. Malbers

Malbers

Please check your unity version, will work with unity 5.3.1 or above, upgrade your unity and reimport the hhors

if the problem continues please let me know

31. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

I am using 5.3.4 and now I updated to 5.3.5. Same errors...
    I think it has to do with the Standard Assets -> Characters -> First Person / Third Person Controller you are using.
    Gravity Twist Controller delivers the First or Third Person Controller in my project. So the standart assets can not find "ThirdPersonCharacter" namespace and produce errors.
    If I remove the Standart Character Assets I get this error:
    Assets/Horse/Scripts/Rider/Rider3rdPerson.cs(11,40): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `FreeLookCam' does not exist in the namespace `UnityStandardAssets.Cameras'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

32. Malbers

Malbers

It seems that the standard assets on versions above 5.3.1 changed the namespace.

If you have you own camera you can comment all lines with free look camera on it, (all lines of code that produce errors withe the cameras) try that and tell me

33. Hamesh81

Hamesh81

Hi @Malbers , this is a fantastic asset! I am curious whether you have considered creating another asset (or including it with this one) for getting on/in vehicles? I don't mean any of the logic for controlling the vehicle (there are plenty of those assets already), but the entering and exiting of vehicles such as bicycles, motorbikes or cars. I really like the smoothness of your transition from player to horse, and I would think that the logic would be quite similar for a vehicle. I have previously created a very simple enter/exit system for the legacy animation system, but your system of the horse mounting/unmounting works so much better! There is no such asset on the asset store at the moment, and I suspect that it would be very popular, especially when integrated with some of the TPS controllers which also do not have this functionality yet. Anyway, please let me know your thoughts. Keep up the awesome work on this asset :)

Malbers likes this.
  34. Arkade

Arkade

Hi,
    This is great work! Bookmarked for any future need for horsing around!

Just one little nit. (forgive me if you've 'herd' before ;-) ) Your horses' ankles over-extend on the gallop. The extended leg should be straight.
    Screenshot 2016-06-19 12.31.53.png

Reference (from animationresources):

Frames 8 and 11 are really their maximum extension.
    Hope you take this in the way it's meant -- hoping to polish one tiny burr in an otherwise awesome piece of work.
    Sincerely, R.

Teila and Malbers like this.
  35. Malbers

Malbers

Thanks Hamesh81 I will put on my asset list :D bikes and motorbikes. Im already working on improving more and more the transitions.

Hey Arkade thanks for the feedback, I wil do another pass to the animations But first I will make some fixes to the controller that people are requesting, but is already it on To Do List

Hamesh81 likes this.
  36. BadUncleGames

BadUncleGames

Fantastic asset that has saved me an immense amount of time. Plugged straight into the Opsive system without issue except for one thing. The horse seems to sleep only when I am mounted ;-)
    When not mounted it doesn't but if I sit on it and wait it drops down into dreamland.

37. Malbers

Malbers

thanks, for the purchase and support, I will fix that tiny thing, yes the horse only sleep when is controlled,

38. Goofy420

Goofy420

There appears to be a serious issue with the code related to the controller. Every time I close Unity and have Horse Animset pro imported, Unity will crash. This happens with Unity 5.3.4 and 5.3.5.
    I did multiple tests to confirm it only happens with Horse Animset imported. Unity crashes every time any scene uses the Horse 2 Plus, but the others work fine.

Code (CSharp):
    1. TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'Rider3rdPerson' from assembly 'Assembly-CSharp, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
    2. UnityEditor.CustomEditor..ctor (System.Type inspectedType) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/editor/EditorBindings.gen.cs:23)
    3. System.MonoCustomAttrs.GetCustomAttributesBase (ICustomAttributeProvider obj, System.Type attributeType) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/MonoCustomAttrs.cs:108)
    4. System.MonoCustomAttrs.GetCustomAttributes (ICustomAttributeProvider obj, System.Type attributeType, Boolean inherit) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/MonoCustomAttrs.cs:151)
    5. System.MonoType.GetCustomAttributes (System.Type attributeType, Boolean inherit) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/MonoType.cs:595)
    6. UnityEditor.CustomEditorAttributes.Rebuild (System.Reflection.Assembly assembly) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/CustomEditorAttributes.cs:70)
    7. UnityEditor.CustomEditorAttributes.FindCustomEditorTypeByType (System.Type type, Boolean multiEdit) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/CustomEditorAttributes.cs:36)
    8. UnityEditor.CustomEditorAttributes.FindCustomEditorType (UnityEngine.Object o, Boolean multiEdit) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/CustomEditorAttributes.cs:27)
    Looks like Horse Plus prefab was serialized ASCII mode while the rest were binary. The only way I could get Unity to stop crashing was to remove the ASCII serialized Animator from the prefab, restart Unity and add the animator in binary mode.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
  39. Malbers

Malbers

Thanks Goofy420 for caught that!
    Horse Plus the only thing that has different is cloth dynamic(Hair and Reins) and the reins separated from the mount.
    I will add that to the fix list I'm working on what people have been finding on this sale, thanks to you guys for making this a better asset with your feed backs

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
  40. Malbers

Malbers

Weekend Again Sale, this is Awesome!! :p:p

41. raffyraffy

raffyraffy

Hi everybody,

I am new in this asset, but it interests me a lot,
    ...so, I was wondering if you can export these wonderful horses in other software.

Ciao, Luigi.

Malbers likes this.
  42. Malbers

Malbers

Hi raffyraffy you can use them in other software's like Unreal or Cry Engine,
    but if you want to use the animations in 3d Softwares: the animations are in separated files from the models,
    if you want them for 3dMax, Maya, Blender, you can write me with your invoice number and I can combine animations and models in fbx files and send it to you

43. cygnusprojects

cygnusprojects

Sorry if this has been asked before but when I'm using the default TPC scene and press F to mount the cowboy is nicely animated to get on the horse but when that animation finishes we have a stuntman who stands on the back of the horse:

2016-06-27_19-44-59.png

Nice for the circus but not what I was expecting :eek:. Using Unity 5.4beta18 with the latest release of the asset.

Malbers likes this.
  44. Malbers

Malbers

This is a new one I will check now with unity 5.4 and tell you :confused::confused:

I tested from 5.3.0 to 5.3.4 and works fine

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
    cygnusprojects likes this.
  45. Malbers

Malbers

cygnusprojects I tested it and its very funny..,:D but also not..

I will keep searching for the problem and get back to you

Cheers Malbers

46. cygnusprojects

cygnusprojects

Will try to repo this in an empty project as well, keeping you posted.

UPDATE: same issue occurs in an empty project with only Animset Pro (Unity 5.4).
    UPDATE 2: issue doesn't occur in 5.3.4f1 so it must be 5.4.x related, strange thing you can't reproduce then.
    UPDATE 3: updated to beta 23 of Unity 5.4 and I can confirm the issue is still there.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
    Malbers likes this.
  47. Malbers

Malbers

Damm it, I think is an animations import issue, because he step up on the horse while transition to the idle mounted state, I'll keep tweeking to see what the hell its goin on

cygnusprojects likes this.
  48. Malbers

Malbers

Hey guy so I'm Starting on the next big Update and this is what I got so far listed: for 2.5

-UFPS Integration
    -Wagon Pulling
    -Dynamic Reins (on hands when Mounted)
    -ooti integration

-Combat Animations****
    -Pistol
    -Rifle
    -Bow
    -Sword
    -Spear

-Optimized and cleaner scripts
    - Whistle call for the horse (Like any horse game :))
    - Poly Art Horse and Mine craft horse addition.

Tell me if I'm missing Something.

Cheers Malbers

49. Malbers

Malbers

Heres a sneak peak

Teila, S4G4N and BackwoodsGaming like this.
  50. hopeful

hopeful

Winged horse? :)