Search Unity

unity Asset Store

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by goat, May 13, 2019.

1. goat

goat

Hey,

So the old Asset Store is finally gone and we are forced to use the new Asset Store. The problem is the new Asset Store must be some kind of joke. I've been waiting for 30 minutes to get a response from it just updating one tiny asset. It took 30 minutes just to get to 'My Assets' (1 -1023 of 1137) sort on 'Status' 'Update'.

What else - no scroll bar so I can't see more than the top 3 assets that need sorting on the My Assets page. Icon's are giant sized.

The old asset store which I thought was slow at least was fast enough to be functional with a little patience, the new asset store is actually not usable.

I'm seriously going to have to resort to using Windows Explorer to find packages I have purchased and want to use. And that's a problem too because they are often multiple copies of the same asset present because CM does such a bad job managing package upgrades with spaces, punctuation, and so on changed arbitrarily and not managed in a way that that's reasonable to track.

2. goat

goat

Wow, no one has a clue?

I think I'll go back to the last release that has the old Asset Store available, although whether it's active and working in that version or it simply non-functional I don't know.

I'm really surprised something like the new Asset Store gets through Unity QC let alone Unity customers tolerating it.

3. About what? Your rant is noted, I personally don't agree with it, but it's subjective, so whatever, but you haven't asked anything, so what you expect exactly, what we need to have a clue about?

4. goat

goat

Calling a valid problem, that obstructs good work, a rant is no longer an effective way to dismiss a problem or the person that point it out. The problem remains and you expose yourself as a useless troll that has been watching and reading too much mass media news. You need to find more clever role models than that.

I did indeed ask a question and your not so clever attempt to dance around the problem and look smart has failed. The problem is Node.js. No, we don't need the kitchen sink.

Now ninny ninja go solve the world's problems oh so cleverly.

5. Wow. Rant is rant, even if the problem is valid. I never said it isn't valid. I said you expected some kind of reaction, some answers, since you asked "Wow, no one has a clue?", but you haven't asked a question. So, let's try this again, what ws the question you didn't ask?

6. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Don't argue, if you don't like feedback, ignore it. The feedback is for Unity anyway, to bin or use it as they see fit. I'll add a tag.

7. LaneFox

LaneFox

Supposedly responsiveness, search and speed was a big part of this update and overall it did improve - particularly on web. However there are glaring problems that shouldn't be in a production environment, particularly in the Editor. You are definitely not the only one seeing this particular problem. I reported it but from what I understand it doesn't seem acknowledged because there's not an abundance of tickets with the problem, so report it.

The recommended action is to file a ticket and use the feedback form. Unfortunately I don't think there's much else to do to make the situation better until they get around to patching it.

8. kdgalla

kdgalla