Search Unity

Please Don’t Close The “asset Store Version 1”

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by SandboxRuckus, Apr 11, 2019.

?

Keep Asset Store version 1 around?

1. Yes

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Don’t Care

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SandboxRuckus

SandboxRuckus

This just my last ditch effort to plead for Unity to keep the “Asset Store version 1” up and going for customers like me who find it more pleasant to use over the new version.

Thanks for listening.

Attached Files:

Ony likes this.
  2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Unity aren't likely to keep it. But what you can do is tell them what parts are preventing you from switching over, for example is it harder to navigate? If so would you be prepared to record a short vid or something showing your usual search for an asset in both stores?

or even write some notes about it?

AndrewAssetStore likes this.
  3. SandboxRuckus

SandboxRuckus

Ok Hippocoder thats a good idea.

First off the Asset Icons are unnecessarily large, just viewing the stores home page all you see is a huge banner ad then only 4 to 7 Asset icons. If you want to see more you have to start clicking arrows so you can scroll through more large icons, such unnecessary navigation. The old store front had smaller icons with more information and about 27 to 36 asset icons per page, which made it easy to browse for new assets. Another example of the large icons creating unnecessary clicks is with the “wish list” there are 4 pages of assets when in the old store there is only 2 pages with the same number of assets on the wish list.

On the old asset store front page the asset icons had more info and all the categories were clickable links to them ( name, asset category, creator. star rating, and price). The new store front page icons just has (name, creator, and price) and none of them are quick links.

Now once on the asset’s page in the new asset store you will find some of the most viewed and sought after information (movies / pictures, and package contents) is stuck behind a pop up window which makes it more inconvenient to view all the assets info at the same time. On the old store asset page you can view all the information on the same page you don’t have to go back and forth between popup window and main page. Another pain with the popup window is that resets if you close them and go back to them. Example: I’m digging through an asset’s “package preview popup window” and I have it all expanded and looking deep in to the hierarchy of its contents. When I need to step back to the main page to read some information in the asset’s write up and close the window everything I expanded and had hi-lighted is gone. Now I have to start over and expand the hierarchy each time the window closes. That is a huge waste of time and very frustrating when you are shopping for assets and trying to see if they will work for you.

These are a few of the things that turned me off the New asset store and why I stuck with the old one and fear loosing it for good.

Thanks

hopeful, JBR-games and Lars-Steenhoff like this.
  4. AndrewAssetStore

AndrewAssetStore

Unity Technologies

To keep feedback in one place, lets use this thread. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.