Search Unity

1. All Pro and Enterprise subscribers: find helpful & inspiring creative, tech, and business know-how in the new Unity Success Hub. Sign in to stay up to date.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Unity What assets would you like to see on the Unity Asset Store?

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by caitlyn, Mar 18, 2011.

?

Which assets would you like to see on the Unity Asset Store?

1. Art Packages - Mobile/Web

24.0%
  2. Art Packages - Desktop

35.1%
  3. Complete Projects - Mobile/Web

18.1%
  4. Complete Projects - Desktop

23.5%
  5. Scripts/Script Packages

44.6%
  6. Extensions

36.8%
  7. Shaders

28.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SpyrosUn

SpyrosUn

Colony/Simulation management assets for games like Rimworld. Probably the only games genre that doesn't have nearly enough adequate representation in the store and it's a shame because the genre is hugely popular.

2. sk0g

sk0g

Maybe prefab the rocks, and paste the mesh in twice. Scale the other one down a bit and rotate it 180 degrees?

3. Vanamerax

Vanamerax

I have been thinking about this one. What would you expect to be included in such an asset package? I thought about grid management and some kind of building/resource system. Maybe unit selection and control? What would your wishlist be?

4. SpyrosUn

SpyrosUn

Exactly yes. Building placement with building states and progression bars. Storage type buildings for resources, creation of various types of resources and agents gathering them. Unit selection and control would not be on my list, because this mostly applies to RTS games like age of empires, which already exist on the store. I was mostly thinking Rimworld type where you command your agents implicitly.

Of course a UI that allows for quick building and various types of overlays are a must (like economy/resources/health of agents etc..) There are so many thing you can add really. Transportation mechanisms(conveyor belts), random attacks from hostile NPCs, quest builders, you can be expanding this a lot.

No idea why something like that doesn't exist in the store, but I would more than gladly pay heftily for it myself.

5. jGate99

jGate99

A "Visual" Rich Text Input Field (rich text editor), similar to what i used to post this message with basic features like bold, italic, colors etc

6. Vanamerax

Vanamerax

Thank you for elaborating on this. I am considering creating an asset like you described. Guess you can ask me about it in a few months :)

You mention you'd pay heftily for such a package. What would you consider a fair price for a package described in your first paragraph?

7. SpyrosUn

SpyrosUn

That's awesome :D The price is definitely tied to how good the engine would be and how many features it would contain. I personally own more than 600 assets from the store, so I am not frugal with purchasing assets at all. I'd think that a starting price of 60-100$ would be fair, supposing that the engine is feature rich and well made. That said, I'd be happy to pay even more or buy extra assets (like packages) that work on top of that engine, as it will save my team a lot of time :)

8. DerDicke

DerDicke

I'm building lots of Editor tools and sell them on the store.
    I would like to see a redistributable package for Editor script controls. Things like:

- rich text enabled controls
    - nice looking controls with definable background colors, Text colors and the like, to complement GUILayout system.
    - Tooltips that do not have the Unity 20 seconds delay and are placed at the right position
    - Editorwindow templates for more complex UI message handling.
    - BeginVertical() without placing controls following EndVertical() on the right side of the window instead next to the vertical group.

In one word: More powerful, less buggy Editor control UI than built in.

The point is, I want to deliver them together with my tools, so this should be allowed and easy to do (without obtaining an additional license or something along those lines), dll would of course be ok.

9. Vanamerax

Vanamerax

Thanks for your reply, this information is very valuable as an asset store publisher! I will see what I'll come up with :)

SpyrosUn likes this.
unityunity