Search Unity

Official What assets would you like to see on the Unity Asset Store?

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by caitlyn, Mar 18, 2011.

?

Which assets would you like to see on the Unity Asset Store?

1. Art Packages - Mobile/Web

24.0%
  2. Art Packages - Desktop

35.1%
  3. Complete Projects - Mobile/Web

18.0%
  4. Complete Projects - Desktop

23.5%
  5. Scripts/Script Packages

44.6%
  6. Extensions

36.9%
  7. Shaders

28.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SpyrosUn

SpyrosUn

Colony/Simulation management assets for games like Rimworld. Probably the only games genre that doesn't have nearly enough adequate representation in the store and it's a shame because the genre is hugely popular.

2. sk0g

sk0g

Maybe prefab the rocks, and paste the mesh in twice. Scale the other one down a bit and rotate it 180 degrees?

3. Vanamerax

Vanamerax

I have been thinking about this one. What would you expect to be included in such an asset package? I thought about grid management and some kind of building/resource system. Maybe unit selection and control? What would your wishlist be?

4. SpyrosUn

SpyrosUn

Exactly yes. Building placement with building states and progression bars. Storage type buildings for resources, creation of various types of resources and agents gathering them. Unit selection and control would not be on my list, because this mostly applies to RTS games like age of empires, which already exist on the store. I was mostly thinking Rimworld type where you command your agents implicitly.

Of course a UI that allows for quick building and various types of overlays are a must (like economy/resources/health of agents etc..) There are so many thing you can add really. Transportation mechanisms(conveyor belts), random attacks from hostile NPCs, quest builders, you can be expanding this a lot.

No idea why something like that doesn't exist in the store, but I would more than gladly pay heftily for it myself.

5. jGate99

jGate99

A "Visual" Rich Text Input Field (rich text editor), similar to what i used to post this message with basic features like bold, italic, colors etc

6. Vanamerax

Vanamerax

Thank you for elaborating on this. I am considering creating an asset like you described. Guess you can ask me about it in a few months :)

You mention you'd pay heftily for such a package. What would you consider a fair price for a package described in your first paragraph?

7. SpyrosUn

SpyrosUn

That's awesome :D The price is definitely tied to how good the engine would be and how many features it would contain. I personally own more than 600 assets from the store, so I am not frugal with purchasing assets at all. I'd think that a starting price of 60-100$ would be fair, supposing that the engine is feature rich and well made. That said, I'd be happy to pay even more or buy extra assets (like packages) that work on top of that engine, as it will save my team a lot of time :)

8. DerDicke

DerDicke

I'm building lots of Editor tools and sell them on the store.
    I would like to see a redistributable package for Editor script controls. Things like:

- rich text enabled controls
    - nice looking controls with definable background colors, Text colors and the like, to complement GUILayout system.
    - Tooltips that do not have the Unity 20 seconds delay and are placed at the right position
    - Editorwindow templates for more complex UI message handling.
    - BeginVertical() without placing controls following EndVertical() on the right side of the window instead next to the vertical group.

In one word: More powerful, less buggy Editor control UI than built in.

The point is, I want to deliver them together with my tools, so this should be allowed and easy to do (without obtaining an additional license or something along those lines), dll would of course be ok.

9. Vanamerax

Vanamerax

Thanks for your reply, this information is very valuable as an asset store publisher! I will see what I'll come up with :)

SpyrosUn likes this.
  10. unitedone3D

unitedone3D

Hey there! Could this ever be possible ? A Gameobjects -> ECS/DOT entities converter automatic script or something...that would turn your project into ECS/DOT (as we know that this gives multithreading (access all CPU cores- instead of forcing all Unity on 1 Main CPU core and it struggling) and is a much faster system than old Gameobjects).

(I would pay for this (I know I would not be alone)).

https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.entities@0.16/manual/conversion.html

Thank you.

PS: Another one, asset that gives 'multi-threading'/ access to all CPU cores, not many of them...it would be great if someone could make that (and end the having to always work with just 1 core/be seriously limited and use just small% of your CPU cores for your game's CPU calculations). I often read that (nearly all?) bigger Unity games are 'CPU limited/CPU bound', nearly always a big (CPU) bottleneck in the end (GPU too, but less so, as GPUs are more powerful but CPUs are only using small number of Total Cores...due to this 'Main Thread' thing; that means, once more, CPU-limited/bound.

PPS: A last one, a Memory Optimizer (very few of them) and Leak Detector (somehow)...I know we have to do 'profiling' to 'find them' (as they can be anything); but it would be greaet to have a 'lead' (just like an inquiring detective trying to find 'the leak/with a lead -> leads (to the) -> leak'), sometimes this profiling to find the causes of memory errors/leaks is like 'trying to find a needle in haystack' (and this goes to not just memory optimization, since it could be any otehr problem (draw calls, model count, texture, etc etc...), but giving a 'lead', like 'Ok...the problem is around there'...rather than spending a large amount of time profiling (I'm not saying profiling is bad, it'S important to find the problems..but an asset that can Speed/automatize This Up/slow manual process..is Needed direly. It can just give us 'indications' to what is the problem (just like the console does all the time - verbose). Because I read that some devs could not detect the problem...what happens then? can't find the leak or can't find the problem...that's problematic (for your game(' sake/existence)).

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
  11. Rowlan

Rowlan

Fluffy Grooming Tool got released last week and it's awesome. Unity even advertised it in their recent What’s new for artists and designers in Unity 2021.2 blog.

It's understandable that Fluffy Grooming Tool is not in the Black Friday Sale. However, the Black Friday Sale seems to include only just more of the same, the usual candidates. In Unity's blog there's Fluffy combined with Animal Friends by Jose (Dogzerx) Díaz, another awesome asset. This is a result of both combined:

pasted image 0.jpg
    It would be really nice to get José's asset in the Black Friday sale as well. But this post is just a re-post of what I posted a year ago. Makes you wonder why the assets of some publishers are always in the sale while the assets of others aren't.

nasos_333, vertexx and LilGames like this.
  12. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

I would have loved this in the Black Friday sale. Looks great!

vertexx likes this.
  13. giraffe1

giraffe1

Realistic styled high quality and optimized art assets with 4k textures actually useable in a game.

14. Meceka

Meceka

A performant post-process kit that has quality and downscale settings that allow supporting different levels of mobile GPU's and resolutions.
    Including tonemapping, Bloom, if possible eye adaptation and more.

LilGames likes this.
  15. Marscaleb

Marscaleb

You know what I need? a particle effect for venom spit.
    There's all these vfx assets for magic projectiles, but nothing for a creature that spits venom at the player.
    Not a glowy magic effect, but a brightly colored ball of gooey wetness.

16. vertexx

vertexx

Maybe some anims with a musical instrument theme. Trombones that slide. Trumpets with keys operating. Guitar playing. Drum thumping. Synth playing. Maybe just the instruments or even with simple bipeds attached.
    Humanoid or whatever.

17. nasos_333

nasos_333

That looks amazing :) I wonder what differences it has to the other fur asset PIDI-XFUR.

I think the reason why is not included is the release date was very close and decisions had been made months back, my ORION asset was also released same period, 4th November (Fluffy was 5 November) and was also not considered for any of the sales

Hopefully these assets will be considered for the 2022 sales.

Even the new InfiniRIVER asset I released in 22 October was also not considered, so I assume should be a few months after release that there is consideration of adding new assets to major sales.

18. Rowlan

Rowlan

I don't have that one, so I can't tell. But I'm pretty happy with Fluffy Grooming Tool and the Malbers Raccoon so far :)

raccoon 02.jpg

vertexx and nasos_333 like this.
  19. Rowlan

Rowlan

Here's with the groomed Wolf

wolf small.jpg

vertexx likes this.
  20. Rowlan

Rowlan

Yet another sale and Jose's assets are again not in the sale? o_O

Last edited: Dec 13, 2021
  21. vertexx

vertexx

Not even in the "New Release Discounts"? Was there ever new release? Maybe the Dev declined the offer!
    Lots of other stuff but the most popular assets still remain behind closed doors. But I'm sure Unity would have been aware of this. Might be the developers not wanting to sell at some lower price?

22. Rowlan

Rowlan

No, I asked him about the last sale. He said Unity didn't approach him. Also, his assets are on sale on cgtrader:

https://www.cgtrader.com/dogzerx

So I doubt he's against selling and making money. After all the sales are the times where the most money is being made, even though the assets are cheaper.

What's really speaking for the Asset Store and nobody of the Asset Store team cares: I can't find him. The search is and has been broken for years and Unity has no intention of fixing it. I even made a thread about it.

I search for Jose, I search for Dogzerx, I search for Diaz. No search results. Not even the exact publisher name "Jose (Dogzerx) Díaz" leads to any results on this Asset Store.

But thankfully there's always google and the first link after you enter that search term in google leads to a proper results on the Asset Store. Which leads to a result of the assets not being on sale and that's a bit too much for me for just wanting to toy around.

23. vertexx

vertexx

Waiting for that Fur thingy, "Fluffy Grooming Tool", to be on sale ( yes, I know) !
    But probably not until 2021.xx becomes more popular ? How have you fared with it?
    Thanks, Rowlan, for the CG link.

24. Marscaleb

Marscaleb

Is there some reason that absolutely no UI sound effect package in the store has sounds for a menu closing, minimizing, or going back?
    Hundreds of options for three-tone confirmation, but not a single one that plays them in descending order, much less less a simple "swish" that goes down in tone. Hundreds of fancy tone where they try to reinvent the wheel with unique chimes and alerts, but not even one complete set of non-intrusive navigation sounds.

25. Rowlan

Rowlan

It would be nice to get a weekly overview of new assets (not updated ones). With the release discount being 2 weeks, it would be interesting to have especially those included.

Marscaleb likes this.