Search Unity

Bug Search is broken

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by Rowlan, Nov 20, 2021.

1. Rowlan

Rowlan

I wanted to install an asset titled "RPG Fantasy (Pack)". But this is what the package manager presented me when I searched for the title, see screenshot. Even putting the search string into quotes didn't work and would only list me the single 1 asset I expected. I even had to press the "All" button to see all packages because by default the package manager only lists the first 25 of my assets.

At this point in package manager life one might expect a working search functionality. This can't be "by design". Please fix. Thank you!

Here's a screenshot:

rpgfs.png
    The search for e. g. protofactor still doesn't work:

pf.png
    One has to enter "protofactor inc" in order to get any result, which is just as broken as it is on the Asset Store.

2. Rowlan

Rowlan

@UnityMaru Tagging you because the search for protofactor (and others) is also broken on the Asset Store website. Always has been, but it would be nice to get a fix.

Actually all with multiple words is broken. Another example with the dwarves above: "Maksim" can't be found on the Asset Store website. Only "Maksim Bugrimov" can be found. And so on.

3. Rowlan

Rowlan

@UnityMaru The search on the Asset Seore for e. g. "Enviro" doesn't work either. It doesn't show any results. One has to search for "Enviro Sky"

4. hbonin

hbonin

Unity Technologies

Hi Rowlan,

The search is purely backend (Asset Store). Adding double-quotes does not do anything more. The fantasy keyword adds much more packages to the result. The same search on the Asset Store website should return the same results in My Assets window.

I agree with you double-quotes should do an exact match. I will relay your comment to the Asset Store team.

Lars-Steenhoff likes this.
  5. Rowlan

Rowlan

I suspected that those are linked. However that doesn't change the fact that it's broken.

Search for the protofactor assets by using the publisher's first name:

pf.png
    Only "protofactor inc" gives me what I search for:

pfi.png

6. Rowlan

Rowlan

firstuser likes this.