Search Unity

UWP XboxOne and xboxlive integration

Discussion in 'Windows' started by DavidPolux, May 12, 2020.

1. DavidPolux

DavidPolux

Hi everyone,
    i've a (newbie) question but i didn't find the answer on internet..
    I've finished a game and i want to publish it withCreators Program. All is good, the game is compiled and uploaded on my partner space (Package), passing the test ok after Visual studio compilation and i've tested it on Xbox One with the dev mode. All ok.
    But i see on Microsoft website that the publishing of a game with Creators Program need that the xbox live was integrated on it. In the functionnalities page of my partner space, the xbox live capability is not checked and all seems ok anyway.
    So, my question is:
    if i don't use xbox live functionnality, can i publish a game for xbox/Win10 anyway?
    Thanks in advance for the help.

2. timke

timke

Hey,

I don't know the answer for sure, but this is what I think it means: you have to enable Xbox Live Integration on your development PC in order to join the program and publish a game. I don't think Microsoft requires your game to use Xbox Live services, but you do have to enable it (for your MS account) in order to develop/publish through the Creators Program.

See if this thread from the Microsoft developer forums answers your question.

If this doesn't answer your question, try posting on the MS forums.

DavidPolux likes this.
  3. DavidPolux

DavidPolux

Thanks for the answer.
    The package seems to be accepted on upload (and verified); I've activate Xbox Live on the Partner Account but not in the game. I will see if certification fail or not.
    Thanks for the link too.

4. IElectric

IElectric

Hello, when I had first publish my volleyball videogame on Microsoft Store, as part of xbox live creator program, the rule from Microsoft was to add xbox live sign-in in the game, the player can't play the videogame without sign-in, I don't know if in the mean time the rule is changed, i believe not changed, Cheers...

DavidPolux likes this.
  5. DavidPolux

DavidPolux

Hello and thanks a lot for the answer :)
    Just to understand:
    When I test the game on my Xbox, I'm sign in and I can play, in dev mode or not (on the home of the Xbox). Is it normal?
    I've activated Xbox live on my account partner. And what's happening when the player is offline?
    So I will try to include sign in in my project. I hope it's not so hard :(

6. IElectric

IElectric

Hello, on XBOX ONE you are in a sandbox, dev mode, it's normal that you can play videogame, as happen on my XBOX ONEX.

Check that your game on xbox one works as game, not as app, to has the maximum performance, that anyway are below the full xbox one performance due to the limits of xbox live creator program.

I have experienced that is possible to play the videogame offline a provided that you already had connected to xbox live in a previous internet connection.

I'm using xboxlive plugin made by Microsoft to add xboxlive feature to my videogame, you can download the plugin at https://github.com/microsoft/xbox-live-unity-plugin/releases/tag/v1804qfe3 , to be honest I'm using version QFE2, for me it's very useful to have a leaderboard on my videogame to see the scores of the players.

if you like to see how I'm use the xboxlive plugin try my videogame on Microsoft Store at https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9P5GJQXZL1BQ

Cheers...

https://it-it.facebook.com/uvolley

DavidPolux likes this.
  7. DavidPolux

DavidPolux

Thanks for the answer :)
    But if you don't want to use leader boards and other Xbox live things, you need to sign in player anyway to be published?
    And I don't understand, how can I see if my game turn like a game instead an app?
    I deploy it like uwp on Xbox one and it seems to run at 60fps.
    But for the Xbox live, in the properties of my game in partner center, all features are unchecked but the game run and the package is OK. Will the certification failed?
    I will take a look for sure ;)

8. IElectric

IElectric

Not at all, yes, you can add sign in feature without leaderboard but I remember to have read that xbox live creator program must have sign in, please check on details https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/publish/store-policies?redirectedfrom=MSDN

To see if your game turn like a game check https://forum.unity.com/threads/xbox-one-devmode-uwp-memory-leak.710159/#post-4757543

You can try anyway the certification, you can try again if it fails, sometimes is not easy to pass but it's very useful to have your game bugs free before publish, remember that when you are in the store you are in front of million of people...

Cheers...

DavidPolux likes this.
  9. DavidPolux

DavidPolux

Thanks a lot.
    I'm testing since days now and it runs quite good ;)
    I hope it will be not too harder to implement signin feature :(
    I'm asking me if I test certification without or not.
    I will see. Thanks a lot again for your time and well done for your game :)

IElectric likes this.
  10. IElectric

IElectric

Thank you very much to you, good luck...

11. DavidPolux

DavidPolux

Hello... i'm in panic..
    I've imported the xbox live plugin and it show a lot of errors... i've checked (in the xbox live plugin files through unity editor) .NET46 editor for the Dlls and unchecked .NET35.. Nothing works...
    I can't integrate it :(

12. DavidPolux

DavidPolux

I've read on another forum that Unity 2019 is not compatible with the xbox live plugin... Only the 2017 is...
    is it real? :(o_O
    Every time I have a hundred errors when I import the plugin.
    I'll see if just activate the live xbox on the developer profile enough and send the game to validation. If that doesn't pass, I think I'm giving up, too complicated and discouraging. I'm all the more disgusted that the game works great and is pretty nice in testing on the xbox. I've already released on Android without too much hassle yet... It's this game: https://www.lethal-ex.com.
    Sad... :(

Last edited: May 14, 2020
    Stephen1701 likes this.
  13. IElectric

IElectric

Hello, I'm using the latest version of Unity, at this time Unity 2019.3.13, your project in the editor must be switched to Universal Windows Platform, check your .Net version and align dll, please try to use QF2 version of plugin, I believe that QF3 has some conflict to solve and is the reason why I'm using QF2 version of plugin, Cheers…

https://forum.unity.com/threads/xbo...-to-xr-plugin-management.819249/#post-5429766

DavidPolux likes this.
  14. DavidPolux

DavidPolux

Hello and thanks again for your answer...
    i've tested with QD2 and always 66 errors... I'm with 4.x framework on Unity (try to reinstall the latest and it say that i've already install it);
    what do you mean with align dll?
    I've another problem but impossible to find the solution... In the Partner Center, in submission, under "Xbox live creators Program", i've a message "We can't display your product's Xbox Live configuration right now. Please try again later."... And nothing to skip that..

15. IElectric

IElectric

Hello, please attach a screenshot with your errors on this thread, we need to proceed step by step, thank you...

DavidPolux likes this.
  16. DavidPolux

DavidPolux

I was ready to make a screenshot when the last import of the package has send me only 1 error....
    (i've used QF2)...
    here is the error:
    "Library\PackageCache\com.unity.textmeshpro@2.0.1\Scripts\Editor\TMP_PackageUtilities.cs(310,17): error CS0433: The type 'Task' exists in both 'Unity.Tasks, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' and 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'"

Thanks a lot!!!

ps: for the submission problem, here is the warning: (i've disabled xbox live for my app for now to test and perhaps solve this warning, but same...)

17. IElectric

IElectric

Hello, there is a conflict between textmesh pro and the plugin, I think that is not easy to solve, can you use the standard text UI instead of textmesh pro ? If you don't use textmesh pro you can remove it from package manager…

For the submission you must fill all the required step, Cheers...

DavidPolux likes this.
  18. DavidPolux

DavidPolux

When i pull ou the textmesh pro plugin here's the error message:

Assets\Xbox Live\Scripts\UnityTaskExtensions.cs(42,37): error CS0433: The type 'Task' exists in both 'Unity.Tasks, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' and 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'

:(

for the submission it's just the red message that appeared. It was not here yesterday..

19. IElectric

IElectric

20. DavidPolux

DavidPolux

Restarting from start, delete all package except 2D Sprite/2DTile/Unity UI/Custom nunit/Test Framework and visual studio code editor and import QF2 plugin...
    6 errors:
    Assets\Xbox Live\Scripts\UnityTaskExtensions.cs(93,20): error CS0433: The type 'Task<T>' exists in both 'Unity.Tasks, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' and 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'

It seems Unity core is in conflict with xbox live plugin...I'm exhausted...

21. DavidPolux

DavidPolux

If it can help someone, i've make that and all the errors are gone....:
    in NET35 directory of the Xbox live plugin, i've unchecked "Auto reference" and "validate reference" in addition to "editor".
    Except for Unity.compat, i've only unchecked "editor" and checked "Auto reference" and "validate reference".
    in NET46 directory of the Xbox live plugin, i've checked these in addition to "editor".
    Save (important) with ctrl+S, Unity work and all errors are gone...
    I don't know if the sign-in will work with this but i will give a try...
    I was ready to give up but with 1 year of hard work, I was really sad to be stuck there ...

pixelalmostperfect and IElectric like this.
  22. DavidPolux

DavidPolux

So... i've the xbox live connection at the start of my game but now i've the error 0x87DD0005....

Stephen1701 likes this.
  23. IElectric

IElectric

Great job, are you executing the assiciation wizard in Unity with your reserved game name on Microsoft Store ? Try to disconnect and then reconnect your xboxlive account, next I will check my project configuration...

Cheers...

PS: Very beautiful your shotem'up videogame, it's remember me when I was an arcade room player in the 80s years, seems an evolution of R-TYPE

Stephen1701 and DavidPolux like this.
  24. DavidPolux

DavidPolux

Thanks a lot!
    it works now. i've had to configure all manually (association wizard was broken) but it seems to work on my win 10. Tomorrow i will try on XBox.
    Just to understand, when I'm going to send the package should I change something to the setup or will everything fit on its own? (sandbox, etc..)

Thanks again for your time and for the R-type comparison :) i love it!

Stephen1701 likes this.
  25. DavidPolux

DavidPolux

I have a very last question :)
    When the player is signed on a scene (the first), will be signed on all the others scene or should I put the Xbox live user asset on each scenes?

Stephen1701 likes this.
  26. IElectric

IElectric

No problem, when the player is signed in the first time for me is enough, thank you very much to you, I'm very glad to share knowledge to other people.

Only for comparison I show you my configuration, Cheers…

Last edited: Nov 26, 2020
    DavidPolux likes this.
  27. DavidPolux

DavidPolux

Thanks to you. I love help others too, when I can :)
    If one day I can help for another things, it will be with pleasure.
    And your game is very very clean too!

Stephen1701 and IElectric like this.
  28. DavidPolux

DavidPolux

Oh sorry, just another one.. :)
    And a windows 10 player? He must be signed too?

29. IElectric

IElectric

UWP theoretically is the same on XBOX ONE and Windows 10, yes, on Windows 10 must signed too, Cheers...

DavidPolux likes this.
  30. DavidPolux

DavidPolux

And can we be signed with keyboard?
    Because a windows player could not have a game pad.

31. IElectric

IElectric

Hi, on my experience I suggest that your videogame must works first with joypad, both on Windows 10 and XBOX ONE, keyboard and mouse works automatically on signin because it's a Microsoft feature, Cheers...

DavidPolux likes this.
  32. DavidPolux

DavidPolux

Hi IElectic :)
    Ok, i've use the PlayerAuthentication brick with button A or mouse-click.
    But it doesn't exist a automatic sign-in? The player launch the game and it is automaticaly signed?
    I'd also like to display the gamertag on my game menu, but I tried everything and I couldn't...

Last edited: May 15, 2020
  33. IElectric

IElectric

Hi, on my videogame the signin is automatic, I have a gameobject with xboxlive prefabs as a child, I enable the gameobject after the splashscreen and then signin start automatically, use the gamertag prefabs to display the user tag and picture, Cheers...

34. DavidPolux

DavidPolux

Oh..i don't have xboxlive prefabs in prefabs directory.. i've XboxliveServices, XboxliveUser, XboxliveUserSocialEntry...

35. IElectric

IElectric

36. DavidPolux

DavidPolux

I understand nothing... :(
    I've only these on prefabs:

and i don't understand how to execute one at startup...

37. DavidPolux

DavidPolux

And i've the Application.Quit problem too.... :(:(:(:(

38. DavidPolux

DavidPolux

I've used your trick to quit and it works.. But it works on store/real too?

39. IElectric

IElectric

Hi, try StatPanel prefabs and associate your stats, for the quit I'm using the trick on my published videogame, Cheers...

40. DavidPolux

DavidPolux

Won't work for me... i definitively don't understand the way to use this plugin.. it's ugly..
    i've used:

this.xboxLiveUser = SignInManager.Instance.GetPlayer(1);
    if (this.xboxLiveUser != null)
    {
    var toto = xboxLiveUser.Gamertag;
    GameObject.Find("player2").GetComponent<UnityEngine.UI.Text>().text = toto;
    }

in my menu scene and it works, it display the gamertag.
    But now when i try to sign on my xbox it, nothing happens... and i've not understand how to automatic sign in the player.. i use PlayerAuthentification Prefab with a hit on button A to sign...

41. DavidPolux

DavidPolux

i don't find the exact place where write: "uap:SupportedUsersmultiple</uap:SupportedUsers>"..
    I'm goind mad...

42. DavidPolux

DavidPolux

Sorry for all the messages....
    i've found for the uap lign and it works now on my xbox...
    I only miss the automatic sign-in and all will good...
    If i display the gamertag (in text) on the menu it's enough for the store rules or i've to display all (gamertag,pic,etc..) ?

43. DavidPolux

DavidPolux

in PlayerAuthentication.cs;

if (this.AllowSignInAttempt && this.EnableControllerInput && !string.IsNullOrEmpty(this.signInInputButton) && Input.GetKeyDown(this.signInInputButton))
    {
    this.SignIn();
    }

i've delete the GetKeyDown and now it sign automatically on start up :) (both windows & xbox)
    i hope our discussion will help others in future ;)
    Thanks a lot again!

IElectric likes this.
  44. DavidPolux

DavidPolux

Hi IElectric, hope you're fine :)
    i've another (last) question:
    The sign-in is now ok (thanks to you) and i display the connected Gamertag on the main menu of my game but I've never been successful to display the gamerpic and other infos.. is that a problem to the submission?

IElectric likes this.
  45. ChossyUK

ChossyUK

DavidPolux and IElectric like this.
  46. IElectric

IElectric

Hi, I don't remember if the gamerpic is not shown because the game is not published for the first time, it's anyway a behavoir of the supplied prefabs, I believe that is the time to try to publish, thank you, Cheers…

PS: please check out this https://forum.unity.com/threads/uwp...-working-on-master-build.519282/#post-3420529

Last edited: May 18, 2020
    DavidPolux likes this.
  47. DavidPolux

DavidPolux

IElectric likes this.
  48. IElectric

IElectric

Hi, congratulations !!! I'm very happy that you have published, good luck for your videogame…

Now I'm trying to publish my videogame on Google Stadia as part of Stadia Makers Program, I have compiled and sended the relative form, I have a chance on a million to publish because seems that the Stadia Makers Program is exclusive for Indie company and not for a private Indie developer…

Cheers…

Last edited: May 22, 2020
  49. dinesh-dias

dinesh-dias

Hi DavidPolux and IElectric,
    i read the above thread and see you both managed to got xboxlive sign in working.My issue is my xboxlive sign in is working perfectly when it is run on unity editor.But when i build and test on xbox in dev mode it doesn't work.I have included the <uap:SupportedUsers>multiple</uap:SupportedUsers> in ap manifest.could you please throw some light on this please

50. IElectric

IElectric

Hi, in Unity editor xboxlive sign in works as fake data, I believe that you haven't do the association wizard with your reserved game name before deploy on xbox one, Cheers...

Stephen1701 likes this.