Search Unity

[UWP] Xbox live services not working on master build?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by Mash_Games, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Mash_Games

Mash_Games

Hello,
    I have been developing for UWP and on of the requirements for the publish is to sign a user in and display their gamertag. I am signing the user in with the example script during my splash screens. This works every time inside the Unity Editor, on release builds, and on debug builds. When I run a Master build from VS their is not sign in as if the Xbox live services are not working at all? Has their ever been any issues with this ?

2. IElectric

IElectric

3. IElectric

IElectric

Hello, I have published my game on windows store as xbox live creators program;

I have thinked that after the installation from the store I would have seen the gamertag and gamerpic correctly but nothing, I have used xbox-live-unity-plugin, I don't know why this happen, is the plugin bug ? cheers...

PS: I can force the showing of gamertag but I don't know how to retrive the gamerpic

Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
  4. IElectric

IElectric

Hello, there's someone that is reach to shown correctly the gamerpic and gamertag in master mode build ? I need help, thank you very much, best regards...

5. IElectric

IElectric

Hello, I have found that the problem is in the following code, I'm using the last version of Unity 2017.3.1f1 and the last version of Visual Studio 2017.

In the UserProfile.cs file of the xbox-live-unity-plugin 1711 release Dec 12 2017 there is a code in the method LoadProfileInfo() that retrive the texture of the gamerpic.

If the solution is builded in Visual Studio as DEBUG or RELEASE mode the code works properly and the picture (gamerpic) and the gamertag are shown correctly on the xboxliveprefab, but if the solution is builded as master mode the "var t = www.texture;" inside the "private IEnumerator LoadProfileInfo()" generate an Exception.

This is the code from the plugin

if (www.isDone && string.IsNullOrEmpty(www.error))
    {
    var t = www.texture;
    var r = new Rect(0, 0, t.width, t.height);
    this.gamerpic.sprite = Sprite.Create(t, r, Vector2.zero);
    }

If I comment this code and build the solution as master mode the "GamerTag" is shown correctly and the code doesn't generate any exception, but the gamerpic isn't shown.

This happen also if I build the signin example supplied by the plugin, cheers...

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  6. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

7. Madsen

Madsen

I have the same problem with a UWP Build.
    Every Build from Debug to Release works fine - but with Master the game get's no internet connection.
    I tried:
    wwww
    and also
    UnityWebRequest
    with
    www.chunkedTransfer = false;

Both don't work at all with master builds. Unity Version is 2017.3.1f1

So is there any workaround or patch for that. My game is just new in the xbox store, but the internet doesn't work.

8. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

We're working on a patch as we speak. The only workaround for now is to use either Unity 2017.2 or 2018.1, unfortunately. Or not use WWW/UnityWebRequest. I'll update the other thread when we know when the patch with the fix will get released.

9. Madsen

Madsen

Thanks, I downgraded to 2017.2 - and it worked.

10. IElectric

IElectric

Hello, any news about this issue ? I have tried the 2017.4 version but have the same problem, thank you very much, best regards...

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  11. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

The fix landed to 2017.4.2f1, which is supposed to be out soon.

12. stevegreat

stevegreat

Confirmed on 2017.4.2f2 that the gamer pic correctly shows on master builds. Thanks guys!