Search Unity

Bug UnityHub option from "Download Archive" does not working...

Discussion in 'Linux' started by rafaeu_s, Apr 21, 2020.

1. rafaeu_s

rafaeu_s

Ok, so I really really disappointed and sad right now... I was starting to record my video lessons about the Unity Engine, in Windows and Linux OS. And for didactic purposes, I've decided to install the same version of the engine in both systems.
    But the neglect, lack of attention, lack of consideration, or whatever you want to call it, with Linux, made me angry. Through UnityHub's AppImage, it is not possible to access the older versions of Unity. That wouldn't be a problem if the "Unity Hub" download button, on the "Download Archive" page, worked. Or if there was a download option for Linux somewhere. The problem is, it's doesn't exist, or at least I haven't found it. And now I can't teach the same version on both systems.
    It is attitudes like these that make us reflect on whether we should continue insisting on the engine or not.
    So I kindly ask, please, make the older versions for Linux available, in a functional way!
    Thank you in advance.

azad-gandomi likes this.
  2. rafaeu_s

rafaeu_s

Sorry about the flood, but I acctualy discovered by accident how to make it works. (And still don't belive in it haha)

On the "Download Archive" page, find the version of Unity you want and right click on the green "Unity Hub" button. Then, copy the URL link. Should be something like:

unityhub://2019.2.21f1/9d528d026557

Now, write on the URL the link "http://beta.unity3d.com/download/ " and after the "/download/" insert the key (or whatever this is) "9d528d026557/" and then, insert "UnitySetup-" and the version "2019.2.21.f1". The result will be:

http://beta.unity3d.com/download/9d528d026557/UnitySetup-2019.2.21f1

Press "Enter", download the file, modify the extension for ".appimage" (in case it's not an appimage already) and "voilà"!

I've the Ubuntu 19.10 installed, so maybe changing the extension like this could not work in a different OS...

3. nswayze

nswayze

Good stuff. I'll try this once I get home. I'm surprised, it's been down for about 3 days and still no response from Unity

4. ThatStevenGuy

ThatStevenGuy

A really nice solution was found here (credits to Heitorzorah). For future reference in case this link ever breaks: you can right-click on a green "Unity Hub"-button in the Download Archive, copy the link address and pass it onto the Unity Hub AppImage. For example:

Code (csharp):
    1. ./UnityHub.AppImage unityhub://2019.3.1f1/89d6087839c2

5. CChong_at_Infinity

CChong_at_Infinity

I've just come across this problem today. I don't suppose anyone's filed a bug report?

6. thebeardedquack

thebeardedquack

Yep, that appears to work great!
    Replying to thank you, and to help SEO so others can find the solution.

7. KevinWelton

KevinWelton