Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Unable to add archived editor versions to Hub (Linux)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by jcsh, Jan 17, 2020.

1. jcsh

jcsh

Hi,

I have been unable to use an archived version of the unity editor on my Linux desktop.

Distro: Pop!_OS 19.10 (Ubuntu 19.10)
    DE: GNOME 3.34.2
    Unity Hub V2.2.2 AppImage using AppImageLauncher
    Unity Editor V2019.2.16f1 via Download Assistant

If I click the green download "Unity Hub" button from https://unity3d.com/get-unity/download/archive, the hub opens but no output or prompt to download appears.

If I run the standalone download installer from http://beta.unity3d.com/download/b9898e2d04a4/download.html, I can attach the editor from the hub but it will not register any add on packages such as target Windows build nor can I download any assets from the store because it does not detect the Hub and therefore does not allow me to sign in.

unity-editor-issue.png

Please let me know if additional information is needed.

Thanks,
    J

2. heitorzorah

heitorzorah

Hi. I am in the same position. I need to have older versions of Unity to work but the green button on downloads archive doesn't do anything. Besides that, I'm unable to add the android JDK and SDK-NDK modules in a already installed version. Sorry not answer your question but if more people say to have the same problem, maybe we get some attention. And sorry for the bad english, I'm not native.

Edit: I'm currently on openSUSE Tumbleweed with 2019.3.5f1 Unity and Hub 2.3.0

Edit2: I'm using AppImageLauncher too. Maybe there is the problem?

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
  3. heitorzorah

heitorzorah

After uninstalling the AppImageLauncher I am now able to install Unity versions from Download Archive after a couple of clicks in the green "Unity Hub" button. Hope that works for you.

4. heitorzorah

heitorzorah

After formatting my PC (after some fstab messing around that didn't end well and losing my unity student license in the process), the above solution stopped working for me. Last time, I was on Plasma but had Gnome installed. This time, only KDE. Maybe Unity HUB uses some gnome dependencies to handle the link. BUT i manage to download archive versions using the method presented here: https://forum.unity.com/threads/how-come-unity-hub-doesnt-list-all-versions.539769/

Instead of clicking in the Unity Hub green button, right-click and open in a new tab. That tab has a link to download the version you want (for example, unityhub://2019.3.1f1/89d6087839c2 to download the 2019.3.1f1)

Go to the location of you UnityHub.AppImage and symply do the following:

Code (CSharp):
    1. ./UnityHub.AppImage unityhub://2019.3.1f1/89d6087839c2
    that worked for me.

5. hellovivian

hellovivian

Heitorzorah, thanks so much! Your solution worked for me when the download green buttons were not working on my recent dual boot install of Ubuntu 18.04

heitorzorah likes this.
  6. bc557transistor

bc557transistor

In case anyone is still having trouble:
    Right click the green button on the archive and copy the link location.
    Then open a terminal in the directory the AppImage is in and run:
    ./UnityHub.AppImage <link>

heitorzorah, Bluekill and gitecsvc like this.
  7. Bluekill

Bluekill

This works for me, thank you very much!

8. Fat_Mo

Fat_Mo

Big Thx!

9. topnessman

topnessman

Are you able to loggin to Unity now? I'm having the same issue because Hub is not being detected.

10. canuckvisa

canuckvisa

I have made a simple tutorial with the abovementioned instruction

heitorzorah likes this.