Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Unity Freezes on "Update Now" on 2018.2-2018.2.20 Collab - Video Available

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by jmanx18, Jan 4, 2019.

1. jmanx18

jmanx18

Currently been trying out unity 2018 and it has been very painful as every time I pull collab updates from a team member, it takes 10 minutes or more to even finish. It does not matter how big the pull is, Updates that are 1MB still takes 10 mintues.

*Note Checking for changes was already completed hours before this*

It has been doing this for my team on all versions of 2018.2

Versions that Freeze:

I recorded a video of exactly how long it takes. Even on other computers it takes the same amount of time.
    Can clarify this does not happen on any version of 2017, as this editor is my main one which includes:

Versions that do not freeze:

Recorded a video of this happening, actually started the video 4 minutes late. As you can see the update is only 1.6MB

Marc-Saubion likes this.
  2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @jmanx18! Thank you for the repro video! Could you please run our Network Reporter and DM me the report log so that we can get more details about your connection?

3. Marc-Saubion

Marc-Saubion

That looks a lot like that bug (1082552) I've been complaining about for more than three month now. https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/issues/collaborate-updates-take-a-long-time-on-big-projects.
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/case-1082552-collaborate-takes-forever.557653/

Does unity also "compile" at ~15% during the freeze?

The issue isn't the network. I have been consistently having this problem since mid September on at least two different networks, more than 5 computer one of which bought brand new after my first bug report, 2 different projects and one other suspect.

I did provide you with a network report since, and a copy of a project having that bug 100% of the time we pull something.

I'm still waiting for a reaction from you guys despite that bug making collaborate unusable. That's more than unprofessional.

4. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi Jman and Marc! We have been able to repro this issue on our end successfully (the delay on update seems to happen longer on Windows then on Mac). I've pushed it to the top of our To-Do for our next version of Collab after we get v1.3.X out the door. We're hoping to get v1.3.X of our package out within the month.

5. Marc-Saubion

Marc-Saubion

I know you've been able to reproduce it. You guys told me that already four months ago. I was also told that it would be done soon.

Now you're telling us it's going to be two or more months. That's half a year of your service being down.

Can you comment on that?

AcidArrow likes this.
  6. jmanx18

jmanx18

Thanks much looking forward to this for 2018. Yea any unity versions that is not 2018 is fine.

Ryan-Unity likes this.
  7. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Marc-Saubion likes this.
  8. Marc-Saubion

Marc-Saubion