Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Collab freezes on every update?

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by AcidArrow, Jul 27, 2018.

1. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

On two Windows 10 machines (a mac we have is unaffected), ever since Unity 2018, collaborate makes Unity hang for 1 or 2 minutes (even for single file updates) on each update they receive from collaborate.

I'm attaching the editor log.

Any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. MattT5

MattT5

We have the same issue. We are all on Windows 10. This started at some point, and it's quite annoying. Especially because Collaborate often does not get all the new changlists, so you have to do a few updates (with the nice hang every time) before you have everything and are allowed to submit something again.

3. MattT5

MattT5

Resolving a conflict on a file seems to cause the same hang as well

4. ollieblanks

ollieblanks

Unity Technologies

Thank you for reporting this issue.

So that we can fully diagnose the issue you are experiencing, please can you log a Collaborate support ticket through the Developer Dashboard?

When doing so please include:
    - Which version of 2018 you are using
    - The behaviour you are seeing when the Editor hangs

5. grcool

grcool

The problem is still actual, in big project you need few minutes until Unity Editor starts to responce after every collab

6. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Yeah, it will never be fixed. After 3 years, many bug reports, support tickets, collaborating (ha!) with Unity and sharing our project so they can investigate further, it is clear to me now that they never intended to fix it and yet they continued to charge people for it normally.

How they handled Collaborate is my number 1 reason for why I do not trust Unity any more and why I believe sending bug reports is a waste of time.

The "fix" is, move your project to PlasticSCM so they can charge you, but at the very least it's a versioning solution that actually works (although I would stay away from the Unity package for it, just use the standalone client).

Last edited: Aug 16, 2021
    grcool likes this.