Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Server / Client testing?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Apostle77, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Apostle77

Apostle77

I'm relatively new with networking, but I'm trying to create a game that connects computers on the same local network.

Whenever I've created server/client interactions in other applications, I'll have the server program and several clients all open at the same time, and run them all simultaneously to test the communication.

I can only have one scene open at a time in Unity, so my normal approach for debugging isn't working. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

2. Dreamora

Dreamora

build an exe that serves as client / server and use the editor as the opposite and then run it.

the build will write its log in realtime while the editor will show his there directly.

also when you go to the network settings and put it on full debug you will get many informations

3. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

First, when you build any side of your project (client OR server), you want to check that before you've built the EXE or Webplayer that under Edit->Project Settings->Player, "Run In Background" is checked. If this is not enabled, you cannot (more) easily debug multiplayer applications!