Search Unity

Runtime Editor

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vadim-Andriyanov, May 9, 2017.

1. Ducky-jr

Ducky-jr

2. jhjoo_unity

jhjoo_unity

Thanks..!!!!

But........................

I am currently using version 2.02 of Dock Panel...

(HasChildren,Isheadervisible) variables and getchild function in Region class do not exist.

Also, there are no candrag and canclose variables of the tab class.

T_T

3. LearnTry

LearnTry

Hello,I want use DOTWEEN in runtime script. But if I type using DG.Tweening; Then hit save. It will show Error

CS0246: The type or namespace name 'DG' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogErrorFormat(String, Object[])
    Battlehub.CodeAnalysis.Complier:Compile(String[], String[]) (at Assets/Battlehub/RTExtensions/RTScripting/CodeAnalysis/Complier.cs:75)
    Battlehub.RTScripting.<>c__DisplayClass43_0:<RunCompilerAsync>b__0() (at Assets/Battlehub/RTExtensions/RTScripting/Scripts/RuntimeScriptsManager.cs:340)
    System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback:performWaitCallback()

Error(5): Compilation failed
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    Battlehub.RTScripting.<CoSave>d__12:MoveNext() (at Assets/Battlehub/RTExtensions/RTScripting/Scripts/EditRuntimeScriptDialog.cs:100)
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

4. codekrewe

codekrewe

Just purchased the VirtualizedTreeView. I increased the font size in the VirtualizingTreeViewItem label and now there is very little whitespace between the items, so I want to set the minimum height of each item.

I tried setting the height of the VirtualizingTreeViewItem to 65, also setting its Min Height and Preferred Height to 65. I save my changes back to the prefab, but when I run the game, the values are back to 40. What is the best way to ensure a certain minimum height for the items? Thanks!

5. Mariusz_H

Mariusz_H

Hi Vadim, I have some questions:

1) When version compatible with 2020.1 is coming?

2) How can I attach to objects scripts created in editor? They are not showing on the list of editor's available components.

3) How do I set default culture for the editor? By default it uses locale of my OS instead of - “industrial standard” of tools – “en_US” localization culture. Culture by default should be set to “en_US” not only because of messy number / date conversions, but also because font used by editor doesn’t support many Unicode characters and my console is flooded with TextMeshPro warnings.

4) In Menu Control, is there a way to insert line separators between items in menu? Plus, keyboard shortcuts would be a nice feature too ;)

5) Material inspector is missing "ID_RTEditor_CD_Standard" texture name

Above screenshot also shows my problem with localization culture - Smoothness value is rendered as "0,5" and should be Unity compatible "0.5". "," and "." placement can be serious headache when you use text files to share data between tools.

6) There might be an error in MenuItemValidationArgs constructor.

Shouldn't it be "HasChildren = hasChildren;"?

7) MenuCreator doesn't work like shown on its youtube video:
    . Dynamically created buttons have wrong font size and all new buttons are titled "Menu".

And how do I add validation and icons to dynamically created menus? There are no comments in the code nor any documentation or examples...

Last edited: Oct 18, 2020
  6. iMancha

iMancha

Hi @Vadim-Andriyanov

In Unity's FAQs a per-seat license is per end user, does this mean that if someone uses this extension in their game as a level editor that every user will require a license?

Ruchir likes this.
  7. bomin_01

bomin_01

Hello,
    Is 2.26 version possible to support unity2019.4 LTS?
    2020.1 is too new for us.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
    iMancha likes this.
  8. devandart

devandart

Hi guys, just bought the asset blind and didn't see that it's 2020 only. Problem: We are still using 2018 LTS for our current project. Is there any way to get an old version of Runtime Gizmos that runs with 2018.4.22f1?

9. TC_Digital

TC_Digital

Hi @Vadim-Andriyanov :
    I am using these Amazing assets and I really appreciate your work.
    But now I got a little problem: while I was using the Runtime Scene Component, I found the camera can not move via my script. Sometimes I need to do this.
    So how can I set the Main Camera Position and Rotation via script While using the Runtime Scene Component?
    I also notice that if I am using the Scene Gizmo component, I can change the camera position. But when I change the camera via Scene Gizmo Object, the camera rotates as its position has never been changed. I am thinking it might be the same problem. So could you please figure out how can I fix this? I will really appreciate it.

10. phoenixian

phoenixian

It appears that @Vadim-Andriyanov is not responsive these days. does anyone know how to create a custom position handle without modifying the default position handle?

I need a position handle that looks like a typical spline control point, like a simple sphere with no arrows/planes or anything. I don't want to edit the default position handle, still need that for other things.

11. LearnTry

LearnTry

Hi @Vadim-Andriyanov :
    There is a bug.First in runtime save a scene to a folder.Than replay the runtime editor. Don't Open the folder at first.Save as the scene to overwrite last scene in runtime.Then open the folder.The scene icon is missing.

Attached Files:

12. phoenixian

phoenixian

my custom extension is no longer working when i upgraded to 2.26. the Deformer extension isn't loaded either, which i used as a template for my extension. Any idea how to fix it?

13. phoenixian

phoenixian

ok, going back to the last version... there is too much confusion between the docs and the source code

14. Rickmc3280

Rickmc3280

Error when updating to newest version:

Assets\Battlehub\RTExtensions\Runtime\RTBuilder\Integration\PBMesh.cs(529,22): error CS1501: No overload for method 'Import' takes 3 arguments

Referring to these lines(526-529):

MeshImporter importer = new MeshImporter(mesh);
    Renderer renderer = mesh.GetComponent<Renderer>();

importer.Import(filter.sharedMesh, renderer.sharedMaterials, m_defaultImportSettings);

15. Halarion

Halarion

Hi Vadim,

I was wondering if your Runtime Save & Load plugin can be used to save and load AnimationClips?
    I can see in the preview video that you support AnimationCurves but I can't find anything about it or AnimationClips in the documentation.

Also, can RTSL save non-legacy AnimationCurves?

Thanks a lot!
    Boris

16. Fredo_Silva

Fredo_Silva

Hello everyone,

I've got a problem and would like to know if anyone could help me out with it.
    I would like to add a custom button to the editors tooltab. I saw that you can override the tooltab but I would like to keep
    the functionalities already implemented and just add my own extra one.
    My button would act somewhat as the "Move Tool" but instead of changing the objects position it just changes the meshs position. I've already got all the code for that part I just need to add it to the tooltab but I can't seem to figure it out.

Screenshot (67).png

Thank you in advance,
    Fred

17. DavidLe360

DavidLe360

UPDATe: i fixed. By uninstalling TextMeshPro and reinstall it.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Got the following error when install RTE on new project, Unity 2019.4.15f1. I wasn't enable to fixed it:

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.textmeshpro@3.0.1\Scripts\Editor\TMP_PackageUtilities.cs(453,84): error CS0103: The name 'VersionControlSettings' does not exist in the current context

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  18. Quiznos323

Quiznos323

Hi, thinking about purchasing this asset. Is it possible to create and export asset bundles from the runtime editor? Say, modders import their asset bundles with models and materials, edit them in the game, then export their mod pack?

19. hdxpmc

hdxpmc

Hello,
    How to use ProBuilder ?
    We just want simple demo as:
    1. load plane with basic material with image to runtime editor scene
    2. activate ProBuilder uv editor to pan/pinch/rotate the texture's uv only (select whole uv)

How to do that with runtime editor ?

20. EricED

EricED

Is there a way to make a custom menu bar inside a custom window?

filmengineers likes this.
  21. somosky

somosky

Hi am I able to load a RealTime Level Creator scene in the editor window while not in play mode? I've located where the files are saved however I am not able to get them to load in the editor.

22. DavidLe360

DavidLe360

UPDATE: found solution: just update the Probuilder to version 4.2.3:
    upload_2021-1-23_18-22-14.png

----------
    HAve this Error when install on a new project. unity 2019.4.16f:
    Assets\Battlehub\RTExtensions\Runtime\RTBuilder\Integration\PBMesh.cs

529 CS1501 No overload for method 'Import' takes 3 arguments

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
  23. aassal

aassal

Hello,

I am using this amazing asset. Thank you for your efforts and this great product.

I would like to load everything that belongs to the game, i.e. scripts, assets, scenes etc... from an asset library but at runtime play-time.

That is to say if we open the editor and create a scene then this scene along with any other assets created during the runtime editor sessions should be saved to a library that we can load when the player starts the game.

How can I achieve this...

Thanks,

24. DavidLe360

DavidLe360

UPDATE found a solution: https://forum.unity.com/threads/bug...ensions-of-depth-surface.849676/#post-5795890

Got this the follow errors. In a simple scene with:
    - A cube with 'ExposeToEditor'
    - RuntimeEditor prefab. (created with Menu Tool >> RTE >> Create Editor

At runtime, when i select the cube, i got the error:
    Dimensions of color surface does not match dimensions of depth surface
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

BTW, I'm back to use this amazing asset. This time I want to study it more in depth, because I'm in the step of needing it in my project. And also, at the same time, improving my c# skill, by learning from pro's codes :).

So I would a 2nd question: is RTE codes follow the MVC pattern, or SOLID principle? because if yes, then it gonna motivate me more to take time to understand the asset's codes, so I will apply similar structure in a project that could grow pretty big.

(Sorry again if my English sounds :eek:) :D

Last edited: Jan 24, 2021
  25. DavidLe360

DavidLe360

I found a solution: https://forum.unity.com/threads/runtime-editor.470084/page-7#post-6605689

26. mrstinkyweasle

mrstinkyweasle

Hi - for people using the selection component, how have you got around the issue of objects partially hiden by other objects? For example, a mug in a cupboard where the collider of the cupboard overlaps the mug. How would you go about letting the mug be selected? I'm basically looking for a way of cycling through the items under the cursor when the user clicks

27. antsonthetree

antsonthetree

Hello - Very nice product!

Can you add an extrude and a snap-to-surface functions?

28. kjiforouter

kjiforouter

The movement and rotation of the RTE's Scene Camera is timescale dependent.
    Rotation was solved by modifying the code that uses RuntimeSceneComponent's Time.deltatime.
    However, the move could not be resolved.
    Is there a solution?

29. danilo-defilippis

danilo-defilippis

Hi @Vadim-Andriyanov it is possible to use RuntimeEditor to expose to editor UI canvas elements, similar to 3D/2D objects? Does anyone knows?

cherry_yeye likes this.
  30. danilo-defilippis

danilo-defilippis

Hi, I'm struggling with custom window creation. I would like to add a custom window in a tab which should be shown in the editor by default. But it is unclear to me how to do that. I've overridden the EditorExtension class and used within the DefaultLayout Method a new window of type Custom. But it is not shown

filmengineers likes this.
  31. JAE_EUN

JAE_EUN

It says that the gizmo can be displayed on multiple cameras, but I do not know how to display the gizmo on multiple cameras. Please tell me how to display the gizmo in multi-camera.
    I want to display the runtime gizmos on 4 cameras as shown in the picture below.

upload_2021-2-10_10-9-58.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
  32. toctoccontato

toctoccontato

hi, I'm trying to invert the axis of position X and Z, I've already added the option in the settings, now when positionInvertZ is true, I need the coordinate to change from 400 to -400 for example, and the position handle Z points to the opposite side , any suggestion?

33. xkingjohnx

xkingjohnx

hi,
    I just came across this asset and before buying it, I would love to know if it´s possible to use the modelling features at runtime (in a build) ?

34. DavidLe360

DavidLe360

HI, got following error when doing 'Build All' for persistentClass.

For investigating that error, i have create a new project and start Adding other asset, then that error happen. For example the editor asset NGTools, since it is an editor tool there it doesn't effect the build, so i guess there is no need to create persistent class for any of it type.

I'm still able to build the game. But I'm worry that can cause other weird issue if that error is not solved.

here is the error:

Timeout while updating assemblies:Assets/Battlehub/RTSL_Data/RTSLTypeModel_StandaloneWindows.dll (Output: C:\Users\HP\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp3a74ea96.tmp)

Following assemblies were successfully updated but due to the failed ones above they were ignored (not copied to the destination folder).

UnityEditor.Scripting.APIUpdaterLogger:WriteErrorToConsole(String, Object[])

UnityEditorInternal.APIUpdating.APIUpdaterManager:LogTimeoutError(AssemblyUpdaterUpdateTask[])

UnityEditorInternal.APIUpdating.APIUpdaterManager:UpdateAssemblies()

UnityEditorInternal.APIUpdating.APIUpdaterManager:ProcessImportedAssemblies(String[])

UnityEditor.AssetDatabase:StopAssetEditing()

Battlehub.RTSL.Menu:OnScriptsReloaded() (at Assets/Battlehub/RTEditor/Editor/RTSL/Menu.cs:449)

Thanks in advance for any help.

35. DavidLe360

DavidLe360

Hi, are u talking about the ProBuilder? if so: i have experimented a bit and it works (in a build). But since i 'm still learning the Save and Load system of the asset, i got error when loading a saved scene (i mean the scene that was saved with the build game - not the save of Unity Editor).

36. Chismer

Chismer

Does this plugin work in VR? Specifically with XR interaction toolkit. If not? How can I visualize the gizmo in VR, and using the VR hand to manipulate?

Thanks

37. algoesrhythm

algoesrhythm

Hi I have a problem when I do the .exe file, the scene window doesn't work, the camera doesn't turn, it doesn't move the objects, the rest works, while on unity when I'm in playmode everything works. I have little experience using unity so it may be that I am doing the wrong procedures. What can I do?

I wait and thank you for the reply in advance

38. marcjammy

marcjammy

Is there a way to remove all camera controls and input components but keep the transform gizmos?

I have my own camera/input system for mobile and ONLY need the transform gizmos. Everything else is getting in the way and breaks the game. Can I simplify it to just transform gizmos?

39. TiToMoskito

TiToMoskito

Has someone brought it to run under v2021.1.2f ?

40. BenniKo

BenniKo

Well I use it in v2021.1.2f. But I installed it in 2020 and upgraded unity with each new version.
    Do you have any problems with the runtime editor and unity 2021.1.2f?

41. TiToMoskito

TiToMoskito

I got it working by adding this line
    Code (JavaScript):
    1. "com.unity.probuilder": "4.2.3"
    to the manifest.json file.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  42. TiToMoskito

TiToMoskito

I get an IL2CPP error when i try to open a filebrowser. How do i fix this?

43. JAE_EUN

JAE_EUN

When will the hdrp version be updated?
    upload_2021-4-26_16-19-48.png

44. bomin_01

bomin_01

hi,
    about DragField, when I use IntEditor it will not work.
    Input field value was changed, but property value was not be changed.

45. KitBarry1809

KitBarry1809

In the demo scene for the virtualizing tree view there's a bug with the Scroll Into View button's code: VirtualizingTreeViewDemo_DataItems.ScrollIntoView() is not checking that TreeView.SelectedItem is not null before calling TreeView.ScrollIntoView(TreeView.SelectedItem); If you use the remove button there is no selected item and in that case this call will throw a null reference error.

46. StopLookAndGo

StopLookAndGo

Hi, I hope you're well. I have yet to purchase the asset, but I'm very impressed, it looks amazing. I have a few questions if you don't mind.

Since scripts are shown in the Runtime Editor, I'm wondering if I would be able to lock certain scripts, to prevent people from accessing the source code, but to still allow them to attach these scripts to objects.
    Is there a way to prevent people from opening, or downloading certain scripts at runtime, but to still allow them to attach these scripts to an object?

Thanks,
    Mo

Last edited: May 26, 2021
    kopanz likes this.
  47. Zenithin

Zenithin

what about UI ? Can UI be also created with this?

cherry_yeye likes this.
  48. kopanz

kopanz

Seems like the author is dead :eek:

49. Min-Jae-Lee

Min-Jae-Lee

Hi Vadim,
    Nice to meet you.

Before I buy your asset, I have some questions about your wonderful asset (Runtime Save & Load)

*Below is the my scenario
    - Modify the size and location of the 3D object in Application A built with Unity and save it as a file.
    - Upload the saved file to my server.
    - I receive the file from the server through application B built into Unity.
    - Save the downloaded file to Application B's local storage and use it permanently.

*Below is the question.
    1. Is it possible to save 3D objects in Application A as a file using your Asset?
    2. If it is saved as a file, what is the type of file? (obj, fbx, unitypackage ...)
    3. Can I upload the saved file to the server and download it to another app, and then import it?

I look forward to your kind reply.

Best Regards,
    Thomas Lee.

50. FSIL

FSIL

Hello,

I have purchased this asset and after loading in the fresh project with unity 2020.3.11f1 with hdrp, i am not getting any transform gizmo and the editor scene view is not showing on the right position.
    there is some errors to be fix
    Please replay asap.
    Best Regards,
    Dinesh

Last edited: Jun 26, 2021