Search Unity

Feedback Bug: Dimensions of color surface does not match dimensions of depth surface

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by mrCharli3, Mar 19, 2020.

1. mrCharli3

mrCharli3

I just upgraded from 2019.3.0.f1 to 2019.3.5.f1 and am now getting this error every frame:

Dimensions of color surface does not match dimensions of depth surface
    UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipelineManager: DoRenderLoop_Internal(RenderPipelineAsset, IntPtr, AtomicSafetyHandle)

which points to line 233 in UniversalRenderPipeline.cs

2. Elvar_Orn

Elvar_Orn

Unity Technologies

Hey,
    That certainly looks like a serious bug.

Can you file a bug report so we can take a look at it ASAP?
    Please send me the ID as well.

3. mrCharli3

mrCharli3

Thanks, Case 1229081

Elvar_Orn likes this.
  4. mrCharli3

mrCharli3

It seems to have randomly stopped now with the latest restart of Unity. The first 3 restarts didnt help so not rly sure why.

5. stonstad

stonstad

This bug still exists. I'm getting it in builds of a commercial product.

Walter_Hulsebos likes this.
  6. erikabar

erikabar

Unity Technologies

@stonstad do you have any repro steps or it also happened for you after upgrading the project?

7. stonstad

stonstad

Hi @erikabar. I don't have repeatable insight into what steps cause it. What I can say is that it came from a built player that I had shipped to a customer and the player.log file filled to the max with "Dimensions of color surface does not match dimensions of depth surface" statements. I do not use the URP -- this is standard pipeline. T

Not sure if this helps -- the application uses the -parentHWND startup switch. The parent window is deactivated and activated on-demand. I believe this was with 2019.3.7f or 2019.3.9f1. The log file has been replaced with a new one that is not exhibiting this behavior.

If I discover more I will share it here.

erikabar likes this.
  8. WildWell

WildWell

Hi erikabar, I'm experiencing the same problem with Unity 2019.3.12. For some reason, this bug only pop up when I changed the size of my screen editor. It goes away when when I resized my screen editor.

Dimensions of color surface does not match dimensions of depth surface
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility.ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

9. Tomyn

Tomyn

10. Jamez0r

Jamez0r

EDIT: Update - got a response from the Bug Report I submitted saying that it was fixed in URP version 8.0.1. My Package Manager shows 7.4.1 as the most current version, so thats what I had been using :rolleyes:

@erikabar @Elvar_Orn

I'm also having this error - here is a thread I created with a barebones repro and a link to a bug report ticket: https://forum.unity.com/threads/bar...ap-standalone-build-error-every-frame.945422/

My case may be a separate issue more specific to the 2D Renderer - it only happens with a Point Light 2D with "Use Normal Map" selected.

Thanks for any help!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  11. zhuchun

zhuchun

Same here, and it only happens to the scene view if you turn on the light button

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
    dbdenny likes this.
  12. LeonmanRolls

LeonmanRolls

Also having this problem, did you manage to find a solution?

13. zhuchun

zhuchun

Yes, IIRC, just ignore that error and it will disappear after that chapter

LeonmanRolls likes this.
  14. nawi879

nawi879

i have the solution, i dont suppose you have resized your windows view so you can see more of the image, reset your screen size in windows as its confusing the game as the game is pushing more texures than the screen is projecting

15. bsgbryan

bsgbryan

I updated to Unity 2021.1.0a7 (following the most recent comment I saw here) and can confirm this is still an issue.

I am working on a custom RP. I am working through this tutorial. Section 1.5 Creating a Shadow Atlas exposes the issue.

As mentioned above, it is this line that causes the issue (reformatted so it's easier to read):

Code (CSharp):
    1. buffer.GetTemporaryRT(
    2.   dirShadowAtlasId,
    3.   atlasSize,
    4.   atlasSize,
    5.   32,
    6.   FilterMode.Bilinear,
    7.   RenderTextureFormat.Shadowmap
    8. );
    This issue causes neither the Scene nor Game views to render anything. Disabling lighting in the Scene view allows that view to display, but only because the above line does not actually execute anything, since the Scene view does not rendering lighting. The Game view still does not display anything; it is just a black window (though errors are not logged to the console).

Commenting out the above line results in both the Scene and Game views properly displaying an image.

This bug does not appear to be fixed, or confined to the URP.

16. bsgbryan

bsgbryan

It appears changing the code as listed in section 1.6 Shadows First of the tutorial stops the errors from displaying in the console and allows the Scene and Game views to successfully render.

Why is this? Is this expected behavior?

Going through the tutorial, it looks to be like the code is section 1.5 is expected to run without error. Though the author does say that the code in section 1.5 "is not what we want". This error also seems to be a genuine bug in other, similar, use cases. I'm confused.

17. Jasper-Flick

Jasper-Flick

@bsgbryan It's setting the render target that messes things up, not just the step of getting a render texture. It goes wrong in section 1.5 because the shadow map render target replaces the camera's render target. Regular geometry gets rendered to the shadow map instead of the frame buffer. This is what we don't want. In section 1.6 we fix this by setting the shadow render target first, so the regular render target is set afterwards, followed by regular rendering to the correct target.

Target shadow atlas > render shadows > target frame buffer > render camera.

This is specific to the tutorial, not any bugs URP might have.

Deleted User likes this.
  18. Alex907795990_

Alex907795990_

I am experencing this error in another way: By setting the color Rendertarget to the CameraTarget and the depth Rendertarget to one of my Rendertexture (name it "DepthTex").The code just like
    Code (CSharp):
    1.     buffer.SetRenderTarget(BuiltinRenderTextureType.CameraTarget,DepthTex);
    What i am going to do is to render some objects first and directly render the depth info to DepthTex , then use SetRenderTarget to set it back to what it was. Then the error we are talking about just pop up. I thought i havn't reset the depth Rendertarget properly , so I try
    Code (CSharp):
    1.     buffer.SetRenderTarget(BuiltinRenderTextureType.CameraTarget,BuiltinRenderTextureType.Depth);
    But this gives a warning :
    "CommandBuffer: built-in render texture type 3 not found while executing SceneCamera (SetRenderTarget depth buffer)"
    I have set the " camera.depthTextureMode = DepthTextureMode.Depth;" before rendering, but the warning is like saying that such thing doesn't exist. And the error is still going on.
    Then i try another way, without specific depth Rendertarget param :
    Code (CSharp):
    1.     buffer.SetRenderTarget(BuiltinRenderTextureType.CameraTarget);
    this didnt stop the error, too.

Then i think maybe is the format of the DepthTex causing the problem, but .Depth and .ARGB32 is both not working.

So is this really an error, or a bug? Since i notice someone above mentioned URP version, and my version is 7.1.8, and i can't find further version in my package manager, do i need to upgrade my unity first(2019.3.0f3)?

If this is an error, what's the wrong i have made?

By the way, your tutorial is of great great help to me!Thanks for sharing it !

zhuhaiyia1 likes this.
  19. proker57

proker57

2020.1.13f1
    URP 8.2.0
    Now I have this error
    Any idea how to solve it?

20. dikar771

dikar771

Same issue but with Parametric Light 2D. Unity 2020.2.1f1.

URP 10.2.2

That certainly looks like a serious bug!

21. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

We'd suggest sending a bug report then, in that case :)

https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting

Let me know the ID when you have it and I'll let the team know.

22. Jamez0r

Jamez0r

This bug report I made a while back says that it was fixed in 2021.1 alpha. Well, the headline says "Fixed in 2020.2" but the note says fixed in 2021.1 alpha. https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...-light-with-the-use-normal-map-option-enabled

I'm not using 2021.1 alpha so I'm not sure if it is fixed or not, but this was specifically for my issue which was getting the error-spam when using a Point Light 2D that had Normal Map enabled.

Could be a totally separate bug from everyone else's cases, but figured I'd mention in case it was related.

23. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

Gotcha - I'll ask about internally for you and get back to you

24. Jamez0r

Jamez0r

Thanks!

@dikar771 are you also using a Normal Map with your parametric light, or do you not have that enabled on the light? For my Point Light 2D, the error-spam only happened with Normal Map enabled. Just curious

25. tildebox

tildebox

*** Any Workaround? ***

Unity 2020.1.1

I have a sprite with normal map and use "Point Light 2D" ([checked] Use Normal Map):

Code (CSharp):
    2. Error Unity Dimensions of color surface does not match dimensions of depth surface
    3. Error Unity (Filename:  Line: 2597)

26. Jamez0r

Jamez0r

I mentioned above that a bug report I made a while back says it is/will be fixed in 2021.1

27. DavidLe360

DavidLe360

Found a Solution/work around:

- Don't use Unity Editor as 'Maximize'. Restore it by (for Windows OS): Right click on Unity Editor title bar then select Restore.

ZingZhou likes this.
  28. jaszunio15

jaszunio15

I had this issue after trying to render image to the custom temporary render target. I discovered that the error does not appear after you end your render process with having CameraTarget texture as render target. So it was a simple fix:
    1. Render to custom texture (with custom depth attachment)
    2. Change render target to camera target, and render something into the camera target.

When the error appears the gizmos are not rendered so I think that there is a problem when scene gimos are being rendered to the wrong render target. I hope that this can help someone in the future :)

KaDeYeeee likes this.
  29. Maverickjw

Maverickjw

Im using Unity 2020.1.3f1 with LWRP v.8.2.0 in a 2D game. Had this same error when using the standalone. Tracked when the bug message appeared and it was when my camera crossed a PointLight2D that has normal map enabled. Once unchecked normal map in the point light 2D, the message stopped appearing.
    I guess there isnt a solution yet to this problem.

30. Jamez0r

Jamez0r

This is the bug report for it: https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...-light-with-the-use-normal-map-option-enabled

It says fixed in 2020.2.X, but then in a note at the bottom, it says fixed in 2021.1.

I'm currently using 2020.2.0f1, and will be testing out the standalone build for my project this weekend hopefully - so I could let you know if it is fixed in my version. But chances are that it is only actually fixed in 2021.1, and that they just made a mistake on the Bug Report saying it was fixed in 2020.2.X.

31. T4world

T4world

2020.3.7f1 also had the same bug

32. cyberjoys

cyberjoys

using 19.4.20, trying out srp with defer steps,.
    basic color MRT and depth RT in the first pass,
    then in draw light shape pass, rebind the depth RT as depth target
    something like this : SetRenderTarget(BuiltinRenderTextureType.CameraTarget, _rtid_depth);
    (this step is where i get the "Dimensions of color surface does not match dimensions of depth surface" error in console).

confirm that this error message will keep on coming as long as SCENE view is shown, if SCENE view is hidden, err msg will stop _lightshape.png _lightshape.png
    and by looking in the light shape pass in GAME view, the rebind depth RT step is in effect no problem

33. cyberjoys

cyberjoys

forgive my ignorant, of course i would get this err, coz i hav been using screen.width and height all along, while i should really use cam.pixelWidth and pixelHeight when looping through all camera.

scene view is fine now la

34. ArianeBoies

ArianeBoies

I'm also having this error, it happens when I stack an overlay camera on my main camera in URP. I am using Unity 2020.3.8f1. Is there any fix to this yet?

Stanislav-Botev likes this.
  35. OlivierPons

OlivierPons

I'm having it on my project, after upgrading to Unity 2022.1.3f1.

I've stopped counted how many times, without touching one line of code, Upgrading Unity made my (very, very small) projects crash. Not to mention that Newtonsoft.Json.dll has been removed then it seems to be re-introduced because I had to remove once again my custom Newtonsoft.Json.dll in the plugins folder.

For your information, I've removed the Library folder, re-opened it 5 times and now it's working. 5 times. No explanation.

This is unbelievable.

After 5 years of Unity I'll try then switch to UE5 if it's more stable. Just looking for stability.

hdtexx, deeprest, wooyoung1 and 3 others like this.
  36. Vaupell

Vaupell

Excaktly same issue here, on 2022 (idk, latest, downloaded today) with URP.
    In editor, not even runtime yet, and console spam.

upload_2022-7-6_20-8-44.png

Yoonstone, Frog556fb2, moatdd and 3 others like this.
  37. Walter_Hulsebos

Walter_Hulsebos

The incompetence needed to have this error re-appear almost every Unity release is staggering

38. KHam256

KHam256

upload_2022-10-12_15-11-41.png

after upgrading project from 2021.3.8 to 2022.1.19

in editor, not in play mode.

39. thomas10_10

thomas10_10

Me too ! unity team, where are you ?

40. ManueleB

ManueleB

Unity Technologies

This is the generic error you get when for some reason a specific RenderTexture fails to be created correctly. So the same error message can be caused by a lot of possible different issues.

I agree though that the error messaging could be better, as this is very generic and confusing.

If you are using any custom passes or render features you should have a look at your RTHandles and resources and figure out which one is causing the failure. If this is happening just using URP passes with no custom code then you should file a bug + repro project please

Walter_Hulsebos likes this.
  41. Walter_Hulsebos

Walter_Hulsebos

Fair enough, that makes sense. It would definitely be good if we knew what is trying to create said Render Texture.
    Because to the end user, it seems like it's your system that's having the bug return basically every single update.

In my case, it happens in a project with no custom render features that I know of.
    To be fair it's happening in a TECH stack release, but we were forced into that version due to a bug we had with LTS.
    That said, it's using a verified version of the Universal RP so that shouldn't be an issue.

I shall make a repro project; here are my current errors, for reference.
    Not exactly the same but related, and this was the project I was having said bug in.

upload_2022-11-3_20-57-26.png

upload_2022-11-3_20-58-37.png

upload_2022-11-3_20-58-53.png

upload_2022-11-3_21-1-5.png

42. sandy-unity

sandy-unity

Unity Technologies

Perhaps this upgrade guide can help with some of the common issues related to render targets with the switch to 2022.1

https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/c...de-guide-2022-1.html#upgrading-from-urp-20212

Looks like the null exception of the second error is happening because of an unsupported usage in the first error.
    With the repro project, we'd be able to gleam more.

43. aferon

aferon

Hello.

I started getting this error, both in the editor and in builds, just after changing a setting in the rendering pipeline asset.

Let's start with the environment:
    • Unity 2022.1.15f1
    • Universal Render Pipeline 13.1.8 (and Core RP Library 13.1.8)
    • Depth Texture enabled on the pipeline asset
    • Forward rendering
    • No render features added
    • Our scenes use post processing (no custom effect, only those provided with the URP package)
    • Our scenes use reflection probes (with realtime rendering on awake)
    • There is no render texture creation or custom rendering from scripts
    We had no issue until now. As hinted above, as soon as we reduced the Render Scale on the pipeline asset the error started to appear.
    This is the error in the editor:

Code (none):
    1. Dimensions of color surface does not match dimensions of depth surface
    2. UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.ScriptableRuntimeReflectionSystemWrapper:Internal_ScriptableRuntimeReflectionSystemWrapper_TickRealtimeProbes (bool&)
    On a build it gives a longer callstack:

Code (none):
    1. Dimensions of color surface does not match dimensions of depth surface
    2. UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext:Submit_Internal_Injected(ScriptableRenderContext&)
    3. UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext:Submit_Internal()
    4. UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext:Submit()
    5. UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.UniversalRenderPipeline:RenderSingleCamera(ScriptableRenderContext, CameraData, Boolean)
    6. UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.UniversalRenderPipeline:RenderSingleCamera(ScriptableRenderContext, Camera)
    7. UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.UniversalRenderPipeline:Render(ScriptableRenderContext, List`1)
    8. UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipeline:InternalRender(ScriptableRenderContext, List`1)
    9. UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipelineManager:DoRenderLoop_Internal(RenderPipelineAsset, IntPtr, List`1)
    10. UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.BuiltinRuntimeReflectionSystem:BuiltinUpdate()
    11. UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.BuiltinRuntimeReflectionSystem:TickRealtimeProbes()
    12. UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.ScriptableRuntimeReflectionSystemWrapper:Internal_ScriptableRuntimeReflectionSystemWrapper_TickRealtimeProbes(Boolean&)
    It seems to be caused by the combination of depth texture rendering and a reduced render scale. With the depth texture and a render scale of 1 or no depth texture and a render scale lower than 1 the errors don't appear.

deeprest likes this.
  44. Trixxy

Trixxy

We have just upgraded to Unity 2022.2.0f1 and this error pops up, sometimes there are multiple of them in the console, I have restarted Unity several times and it doesn't appear to go away, it only increases it's count when the Editor Scene is active, when switching to Game tab it stops. Here are the console log outputs:

Code (CSharp):
    2. Dimensions of color surface does not match dimensions of depth surface
    3. 0x00007ff65e4c9c9d (Unity) StackWalker::GetCurrentCallstack
    4. 0x00007ff65e4ced69 (Unity) StackWalker::ShowCallstack
    5. 0x00007ff65f49b081 (Unity) GetStacktrace
    6. 0x00007ff65fb57412 (Unity) DebugStringToFile
    7. 0x00007ff65e5eddb4 (Unity) GfxDeviceClient::SetRenderTargetsImpl
    8. 0x00007ff65e30754d (Unity) GfxDevice::SetRenderTargets
    9. 0x00007ff65df0fb98 (Unity) RenderTexture::SetActive
    10. 0x00007ff65df76893 (Unity) RenderingCommandBuffer::ExecuteCommandBufferWithState
    11. 0x00007ff65df74ada (Unity) RenderingCommandBuffer::ExecuteCommandBuffer
    12. 0x00007ff65dfe8fb6 (Unity) ScriptableRenderContext::ExecuteScriptableRenderLoop
    13. 0x00007ff65d4a0af9 (Unity) ScriptableRenderContext_CUSTOM_Submit_Internal_Injected
    14. 0x0000022e040f4b31 (Mono JIT Code) (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext:Submit_Internal_Injected (UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext&)
    15. 0x0000022e040f49f3 (Mono JIT Code) UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext:Submit_Internal ()
    16. 0x0000022e040f4903 (Mono JIT Code) UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext:Submit ()
    17. 0x0000022e02b27f83 (Mono JIT Code) UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.UniversalRenderPipeline:RenderSingleCamera (UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext,UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.CameraData&,bool) (at D:/cn-repo/CommandingNations-EarlyAccess/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@14.0.4/Runtime/UniversalRenderPipeline.cs:600)
    18. 0x0000022e02b1bf5b (Mono JIT Code) UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.UniversalRenderPipeline:RenderSingleCameraInternal (UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext,UnityEngine.Camera) (at D:/cn-repo/CommandingNations-EarlyAccess/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@14.0.4/Runtime/UniversalRenderPipeline.cs:485)
    19. 0x0000022e02af2333 (Mono JIT Code) UnityEngine.Rendering.Universal.UniversalRenderPipeline:Render (UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<UnityEngine.Camera>) (at D:/cn-repo/CommandingNations-EarlyAccess/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.universal@14.0.4/Runtime/UniversalRenderPipeline.cs:342)
    20. 0x0000022e02af0849 (Mono JIT Code) UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipeline:InternalRender (UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<UnityEngine.Camera>)
    21. 0x0000022e02a766bb (Mono JIT Code) UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipelineManager:DoRenderLoop_Internal (UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipelineAsset,intptr,UnityEngine.Object,Unity.Collections.LowLevel.Unsafe.AtomicSafetyHandle)
    22. 0x0000022e02a76b85 (Mono JIT Code) (wrapper runtime-invoke) <Module>:runtime_invoke_void_object_intptr_object_AtomicSafetyHandle (object,intptr,intptr,intptr)
    23. 0x00007ffffc260394 (mono-2.0-bdwgc) mono_jit_runtime_invoke (at C:/build/output/Unity-Technologies/mono/mono/mini/mini-runtime.c:3445)
    24. 0x00007ffffc19eb44 (mono-2.0-bdwgc) do_runtime_invoke (at C:/build/output/Unity-Technologies/mono/mono/metadata/object.c:3066)
    25. 0x00007ffffc19ecdc (mono-2.0-bdwgc) mono_runtime_invoke (at C:/build/output/Unity-Technologies/mono/mono/metadata/object.c:3113)
    26. 0x00007ff65e3f1d74 (Unity) scripting_method_invoke
    27. 0x00007ff65e3d2724 (Unity) ScriptingInvocation::Invoke
    28. 0x00007ff65dfeaf6f (Unity) ScriptableRenderContext::ExtractAndExecuteRenderPipeline
    29. 0x00007ff65fee4ed5 (Unity) Camera::ExecuteCustomRenderPipeline
    30. 0x00007ff65fee7acc (Unity) Camera::RenderEditorCamera
    31. 0x00007ff65fee945b (Unity) Camera::RenderEditorCamera
    32. 0x00007ff65d9cfaa3 (Unity) Handles_CUSTOM_Internal_DrawCameraWithGrid
    33. 0x0000022e0b743d77 (Mono JIT Code) (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEditor.Handles:Internal_DrawCameraWithGrid (UnityEngine.Camera,UnityEditor.DrawCameraMode,UnityEditor.DrawGridParameters&,bool,bool)
    34. 0x0000022e0b6e95cb (Mono JIT Code) UnityEditor.Handles:DrawCameraImpl (UnityEngine.Rect,UnityEngine.Camera,UnityEditor.DrawCameraMode,bool,UnityEditor.DrawGridParameters,bool,bool,bool,UnityEngine.GameObject[])
    35. 0x0000022e0b6e8a1b (Mono JIT Code) UnityEditor.Handles:DrawCameraStep1 (UnityEngine.Rect,UnityEngine.Camera,UnityEditor.DrawCameraMode,UnityEditor.DrawGridParameters,bool,bool)
    36. 0x0000022e0b6e27e3 (Mono JIT Code) UnityEditor.SceneView:DoDrawCamera (UnityEngine.Rect,UnityEngine.Rect,bool&)
    37. 0x0000022e0b68a1fb (Mono JIT Code) UnityEditor.SceneView:DoOnGUI ()
    38. 0x0000022e0b6881c3 (Mono JIT Code) UnityEditor.SceneView:OnSceneGUI ()
    39. 0x0000022e00f5a5e1 (Mono JIT Code) UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer:DoOnGUI (UnityEngine.Event,UnityEngine.Matrix4x4,UnityEngine.Rect,bool,UnityEngine.Rect,System.Action,bool)
    40. 0x0000022e00f57d43 (Mono JIT Code) UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer:HandleIMGUIEvent (UnityEngine.Event,UnityEngine.Matrix4x4,UnityEngine.Rect,System.Action,bool)
    41. 0x0000023172538f7b (Mono JIT Code) UnityEngine.UIElements.IMGUIContainer:DoIMGUIRepaint ()
    42. 0x00000231725357d2 (Mono JIT Code) UnityEngine.UIElements.UIR.RenderChainCommand:ExecuteNonDrawMesh (UnityEngine.UIElements.UIR.DrawParams,single,System.Exception&)
    43. 0x0000023172532843 (Mono JIT Code) UnityEngine.UIElements.UIR.UIRenderDevice:EvaluateChain (UnityEngine.UIElements.UIR.RenderChainCommand,UnityEngine.Material,UnityEngine.Material,UnityEngine.Texture,UnityEngine.Texture,single,Unity.Collections.NativeSlice`1<UnityEngine.UIElements.UIR.Transform3x4>,Unity.Collections.NativeSlice`1<UnityEngine.Vector4>,UnityEngine.MaterialPropertyBlock,bool,System.Exception&)
    44. 0x0000023172529fdb (Mono JIT Code) UnityEngine.UIElements.UIR.RenderChain:Render ()
    45. 0x000002327fe87073 (Mono JIT Code) UnityEngine.UIElements.UIRRepaintUpdater:Update ()
    46. 0x0000022e00f0f4da (Mono JIT Code) UnityEngine.UIElements.VisualTreeUpdater:UpdateVisualTreePhase (UnityEngine.UIElements.VisualTreeUpdatePhase)
    47. 0x000002327fe7af43 (Mono JIT Code) UnityEngine.UIElements.Panel:UpdateForRepaint ()
    48. 0x000002327fe77643 (Mono JIT Code) UnityEngine.UIElements.Panel:Repaint (UnityEngine.Event)
    49. 0x0000022e00f0e059 (Mono JIT Code) UnityEngine.UIElements.UIElementsUtility:DoDispatch (UnityEngine.UIElements.BaseVisualElementPanel)
    50. 0x0000022e00f0d7e3 (Mono JIT Code) UnityEngine.UIElements.UIElementsUtility:UnityEngine.UIElements.IUIElementsUtility.ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)
    51. 0x0000022e00f0d1d4 (Mono JIT Code) UnityEngine.UIElements.UIEventRegistration:ProcessEvent (int,intptr)
    52. 0x0000022e00f0ceeb (Mono JIT Code) UnityEngine.UIElements.UIEventRegistration/<>c:<.cctor>b__1_2 (int,intptr)
    53. 0x0000022e00f0c995 (Mono JIT Code) UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)
    54. 0x0000022e00f0cbd6 (Mono JIT Code) (wrapper runtime-invoke) <Module>:runtime_invoke_void_int_intptr_intptr& (object,intptr,intptr,intptr)
    55. 0x00007ffffc260394 (mono-2.0-bdwgc) mono_jit_runtime_invoke (at C:/build/output/Unity-Technologies/mono/mono/mini/mini-runtime.c:3445)
    56. 0x00007ffffc19eb44 (mono-2.0-bdwgc) do_runtime_invoke (at C:/build/output/Unity-Technologies/mono/mono/metadata/object.c:3066)
    57. 0x00007ffffc19ecdc (mono-2.0-bdwgc) mono_runtime_invoke (at C:/build/output/Unity-Technologies/mono/mono/metadata/object.c:3113)
    58. 0x00007ff65e3f1d74 (Unity) scripting_method_invoke
    59. 0x00007ff65e3d2724 (Unity) ScriptingInvocation::Invoke
    60. 0x00007ff65e3cd385 (Unity) ScriptingInvocation::Invoke<void>
    61. 0x00007ff65e515afa (Unity) Scripting::UnityEngine::GUIUtilityProxy::ProcessEvent
    62. 0x00007ff65eeeff68 (Unity) GUIView::ProcessRetainedMode
    63. 0x00007ff65f4cddf6 (Unity) GUIView::OnInputEvent
    64. 0x00007ff65eeefeb3 (Unity) GUIView::ProcessInputEventFromAPI
    65. 0x00007ff65eeefd88 (Unity) GUIView::ProcessInputEvent
    66. 0x00007ff65f4c6afc (Unity) GUIView::DoPaint
    67. 0x00007ff65f4cfd0c (Unity) GUIView::RepaintAll
    68. 0x00007ff65f00f3ce (Unity) PlayerLoopController::InternalUpdateScene
    69. 0x00007ff65f01bbdd (Unity) PlayerLoopController::UpdateSceneIfNeededFromMainLoop
    70. 0x00007ff65f019fd1 (Unity) Application::TickTimer
    71. 0x00007ff65f4a18aa (Unity) MainMessageLoop
    72. 0x00007ff65f4a6820 (Unity) WinMain
    73. 0x00007ff66086b72e (Unity) __scrt_common_main_seh
    74. 0x00007ff867827614 (KERNEL32) BaseThreadInitThunk
    75. 0x00007ff868b026a1 (ntdll) RtlUserThreadStart

45. deeprest

deeprest

This was the problem and solution for me. Thank you @spl0k!

46. kotbrain

kotbrain

I have a combination of RenderToCubemap (in RenderTexture), Depth Texture and Render Scale < 1 also causing this issue on Android in Unity 2022.2.2f1.

47. AdrienVR

AdrienVR

Is happening in one of our scenes in Unity 2022.2.1f1, but it stops when setting the HDR field of the main camera to Off.

hdtexx and Walter_Hulsebos like this.
  48. JayShippey

JayShippey

For me the fix was turning on opaque texture in my URP settings

49. RedGlow82

RedGlow82

That fixed it for me too.