Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Request error: Could not resolve host: mm.unet.unity3d.com

Discussion in 'UNet' started by NGPurchase, Apr 15, 2016.

1. NGPurchase

NGPurchase

Suddenly started getting this. Is it a temporary server problem, or did I break something on my side?

thegreatzebadiah likes this.
  2. axldoyle

axldoyle

I've got this problem too bud, hopefully the service is temporarily down

NGPurchase likes this.
  3. axldoyle

axldoyle

I changed the match host within the network managers network info slot in the inspector to be: eu1-mm.unet.unity3d.com

That seems to have solved my problem, depending on where you are that might work, I think theres one with us1-mm.unet.unity3d.com as well if you are in the us

NGPurchase likes this.
  4. NGPurchase

NGPurchase

That worked. Thanks!

5. RavenTravelStudios

RavenTravelStudios

Same here.
    However, i'm not using the Networkmanager, just a CreateMatchRequest, so i suppose to set that address as the publicAddress property but doesn't seem to work.

6. thegreatzebadiah

thegreatzebadiah

I noticed my CCU has finally dropped so I'm guessing they are finally updating the matchmaking service to fix the stuck CCU issue. Hopefully it comes back soon.

[edit] us1-mm.unet.unity3d.com doesn't seem to be working for me either

Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
  7. CRICCO

CRICCO

multiplayer service wrong?

Attached Files:

8. Barkers-Crest

Barkers-Crest

9. CRICCO

CRICCO

Thanks!

10. AndyUr

AndyUr

I've been having this issue since yesterday, although calls to the matchmaker were successful about 20-30% of the time.

Changing the matchHost value of my custom NetworkManager class to "eu1-mm.unet.unity3d.com", is currently working for me.

Thanks for the suggestion! Still, I would appreciate if a Unity mod could shed some light as to what happened. Reliability is a key factor for the project I'm working on.

edit: found a possibly related response:
    Hit UNET CCU Limit

Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
  11. Mitch_B

Mitch_B

Yeah I am having this issue as well. I hope it is fixed soon as it is for my final year project at university and its in for Tuesday.

Edit: Error 1

Request error: Failed to connect to mm.unet.unity3d.com port 443: Timed out
    UnityEngine.Networking.Match.<ProcessMatchResponse>c__Iterator0`1:MoveNext()
    Error 2
    Raw response:
    Error 3
    Create Failed:[[UnityEngine.Networking.Match.CreateMatchResponse]-success:False-extendedInfo:]-address:,port:0,networkId:0x0000000000000000,nodeId:0x0000,usingRelay:False
    UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkManager:OnMatchCreate(CreateMatchResponse)
    UnityStandardAssets.Network.LobbyManager:OnMatchCreate(CreateMatchResponse) (at Assets/L_Networked/Lobby/LobbyManager.cs:255)

12. Bleedblue1125

Bleedblue1125

Have you attempted to change the Match Host from mm.unet.unity3d.com to us1-mm.unet.unity3d.com, because that is what fixed it for me.

13. Mitch_B

Mitch_B

Yeah changing to eu1 fixed it, but I am more concerned that it will break again.

14. CRICCO

CRICCO

I had to put eu1- and update unity

15. JeremyUnity

JeremyUnity

Hi everyone,
    We have had a dns issue this weekend, but it should be fixed now. If you continue to have issues you may need to reboot or flush your computer's dns, but the issue should resolve itself quickly.

16. axldoyle

axldoyle

Mine seemed to work fine, however I tried my game over the internet today and my listmatchrespone.matches.count return 0 for matches created remotely, whereas those created locally are fine? My project has worked fine up until the last few days. I've accepted the updated agreement terms and my CCU/Bandwidth are fine. Any ideas what this could be?

17. Barkers-Crest

Barkers-Crest

We are having the same issue of listmatches returning 0 results. It had been fine up until today (relative to all the other issues this past week).

18. axldoyle

axldoyle

are you still having this problem? I'm hoping a good nights sleep will help fix it ha!

19. sgambolati

sgambolati

Hi, I'm having this issue only when testing on the HoloLens Emulator. In Unity Editor it works fine. Any idea/suggestion?