Search Unity

Assets [Released] Cascade - Rivers, Lakes, Waterfall and more ..

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by antoripa, Jan 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rowlan

Rowlan

Thank you very much, but honestly there's nothing to it. All I'm doing is buying assets and putting them all together. And then the occasional annoying of the asset devs in order to make the assets compatible with each other :D And all the devs are really awesome in that regard.

Also I'm using the Unity post processing stack. That's where the magic is ;)

antoripa likes this.
  2. MostHated

MostHated

Yeah, I am still tweaking my settings. I will find the sweet spot eventually, lol. Thanks to Cascade for the stream. I just need to make a waterfall somehow now.

antoripa and Rowlan like this.
  3. antoripa

antoripa

Monday will record a tutorial on how make waterfall..

Rowlan likes this.
  4. Rowlan

Rowlan

This water looks most amazing. Great job!

cascade-dragon.jpg

Edit: had to create a video :D

Vegetation Studio and Cascade are an awesome combination :)

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  5. LittleMike

LittleMike

You're very welcome! I think I have the same asset packs you have and I still can't get it looking as good :p Maybe I need to work on the PPS.

Antonio, this looks really good. And simple to use. Great job!

antoripa likes this.
  6. antoripa

antoripa

Thank you guy .. that is just a starting point and more will come in next days .. imrpovement and always unique features ...soon on asset store ,

LittleMike and blitzvb like this.
  7. antoripa

antoripa

Hello ...
    just published a new tutorial .... how create a waterfall .

8. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

I'm very interested in this asset, could you tell me if it has an underwater mode or if there are plans to develop one?

Also I noticed the asset works with fog has anyone tested it with volumetric fog.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  9. antoripa

antoripa

There are a lot of features planned. I would like to have a community driven prioritattion.

I know users tested with Enviro. We tested with Volumetric Fog 3 at our end.
    If you mind a specific fog asset, I will be glad to test tomorrow ( Tuesday )

10. MostHated

MostHated

I have Enviro, minus the issue I was having with my textures it was working fine.

This was taken with Enviro and volume fog on.

AndyNeoman, blitzvb and antoripa like this.
  11. Rowlan

Rowlan

@antoripa I toyed around with Enviro and Fog. All works perfectly. However, one leads to the other :D When I set the environment effect to heavy rain, I'd like to increase the flow speed of the river. Any pointers for me how to do that via code?

antoripa likes this.
  12. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

I use a combination of Unistorm, Volumetric light and volumetric fog and mist from Kronnect. I currently use Aquas for my rivers but it has issues with fog which can be easily compensated in static light scene but because my game concentrates on day/night cycle and changing light for weather effects etc.. it is tricky to get a solid look at all times.

I also like the look of the waterfall feature and the possibility of fps increase as it seems this asset has great performance. Obviously it needs to be available first so I hope the UAS can fix it's issues.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  13. antoripa

antoripa

Auto flow map generation ( real time )

upload_2018-2-27_11-27-1.png

14. form_d_K

form_d_K

The discount date ends tomorrow & it still isn't in the asset store. Will this be extended out? And any updates?

15. antoripa

antoripa

yes. we will extend .. no worries

LittleMike and form_d_K like this.
  16. antoripa

antoripa

we got an informal update and waiting for official confirmation.

form_d_K likes this.
  17. antoripa

antoripa

Working on more demo scene to include in next release ..

upload_2018-2-28_0-21-48.png

camta005 likes this.
  18. Migueljb

Migueljb

Why is the asset store saying it's not available.

antoripa likes this.
  19. antoripa

antoripa

I have just sent an email to UAS team few hours ago. I hope to get a reply for end of day.

LittleMike, blitzvb and IFL like this.
  20. antoripa

antoripa

Hello.
    we just pushed version 1.0.1.rev 3 for UAS team approval.
    We expect to see Cascade going get back on unity asset store soon
    Thanks a lot all of you for patience and support.

blitzvb likes this.
  21. form_d_K

form_d_K

That's got to be irritating for you. I'd imagine it's resulted in lost sales.

22. antoripa

antoripa

23. SonGoku10c

SonGoku10c

I realy want all 3 of your assets now. ^^ This would be a huge progress for my map ^^

antoripa likes this.
  24. antoripa

antoripa

I have added a new concept in Cascade. The idea is to allow the creation of more complex geometry for your water surface ..that is another piece of the "...and more" ...
    that is created with just 2 points and in about 2 seconds :)

upload_2018-3-1_17-50-53.png

25. blitzvb

blitzvb

Cool! When do you support mesh not only terrain?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
    antoripa likes this.
  26. antoripa

antoripa

upload_2018-3-1_17-58-5.png

Rowlan likes this.
  27. Tortyfoo

Tortyfoo

WTF is going on. It is 10 days since I paid money for this asset and I still can't download it as it doesn't exist. I literally must have bought it seconds before Unity removed it from the store. A single post on 22nd February but nothing since. This is totally unacceptable and there must be something very fishy about this asset for Unity to remove it without offering legacy versions and not restore it in 10 days or at least provide some explanation of what the issue is that could be communicated back to us.

antoripa likes this.
  28. antoripa

antoripa

Hello,
    yes, we understand how that is annoying. At our end we are waiting for update approval we submitted on 28th Feb, so hopeful that will happen today.
    In the meanwhile, please send me a PM with your invoice number and you will get latest update to download from our repository
    Thanks a lot

Antonio

29. Tortyfoo

Tortyfoo

Whilst that is an option some people will like I buy assets from the store to be easily add them from within Unity and not have to go to different repositories. I'm sorry but I really don't believe in 10 days Unity have said nothing to you about the issue. There is definitely more to this than we are being told. I have bought 100s of assets and never had an issue like this before. I have opened a support ticket asking for more details and if that is answered before the asset is properly available I will be requesting a refund. I will also never again impulse buy an asset because it is about to be raised in price.

antoripa likes this.
  30. antoripa

antoripa

As I already wrote, we have pushed to the store an update on 28th Feb, and still wating for UAS approval. Usually they do approval in 24/48 hours, so I expect to see Cascade up and running on asset store for end of day. UAS has few hundreds per day of assets to review . so we can only have patience and wait that Cascade is first in UAS daily working queue I gave you a temporary solution, and if you are not happy and you can proceed with a refund as you have mentioned above.
    At my end we are supporting customer doing our best. Thanks a lot

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
    LittleMike likes this.
  31. MostHated

MostHated

I am in the same boat, I bought it and then seemingly moments later it was not there. I can assure you Antoripa is good people and a respected publisher. Many have vouched for him in several discord channels of different publishers. He has made updates along the way if you were to read through this thread, also on discord. He has sent me and several other people the links to download the most current releases.

If something fishy were going on I certainly don't think the publisher would be sticking around, updating people and chatting daily, sending out updates of the asset (which I personally have used from what he has sent me, and it is great). I have bought hundreds of assets as well, this is a rare occurrence, but relax, it will be fine. Simply message him, he will send you the most recent update and you can use it. Once Unity fixes this, you will be able to just update it normally. If you have bought hundreds of assets then you should know that the asset store staff can seem few and far between. Why do you think it takes a month to submit an asset, and that is following standard protocol. Imagine the headache you have to go through to get something fixed that is outside of that.

blitzvb and antoripa like this.
  32. antoripa

antoripa

Frankly speaking I cannot do anything more than wait UAS approval for the update. Should be today but nevertheless team could be overloaded and it could take a while. I always respect people work and my only valid option is wait.

upload_2018-3-2_16-51-43.png

So, if that is not acceptable, I would suggest to consider other assets than Cascade that can better fit your needs and your timeline. If someone want a refund, just send me a PM and I will grant. No problem at my end.

TheMessyCoder and Lurking-Ninja like this.
  33. Dude. :D I have reported an issue to them when this asset came out (13 days ago). Something went wrong on deploy, either in the package or on the UAS servers, so when I have downloaded this asset, Unity refused to decompress this asset.
    They answered 8 days ago just to ask clarification if they had removed the asset from the UAS. (LOL?)
    They told me yesterday that they will check my problem once they have put the asset back to the UAS.

You're dead wrong here, please, be patient. (Now, of course, it is you right to ask a refund, please, but consider that @antoripa is one of the good guys).

[edit]
    Oh, and check out these posts about the communication:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/released-cascade-rivers-lakes-waterfall-and-more.514871/ (OP! - BIG BLUE text on the top, it can't be more visible)
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/rel...waterfall-and-more.514871/page-2#post-3399806
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/rel...waterfall-and-more.514871/page-2#post-3400213
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/rel...waterfall-and-more.514871/page-3#post-3406331
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/rel...waterfall-and-more.514871/page-3#post-3406652
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/rel...waterfall-and-more.514871/page-3#post-3407257

And today. You really can't say he's not communicating whatever he can.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2018
    one_one, gecko, Rowlan and 1 other person like this.
  34. AndyNeoman

AndyNeoman

It could be worse. You could have gone to buy it too late like I did! I have been waiting for a week to buy this asset to put in my game.

There are no other channels to buy it at the moment so I am stuck. I would have gladly bought through discord/other channel had the option been available.

We just have to have patience in this kind of circumstance.

35. Rowlan

Rowlan

Funny thing is I bought it and then shortly afterwards the price got reduced. I honestly don't mind. It's totally worth it and Antoripa is very helpful. I've had store issues as well and didn't mind downloading from an external link. It's just the way Unity works, they are really slow. Sometimes I think they are some garage company when it comes to the asset store. Especially when one of my favorite asset devs releases new animated animals, the wait for weeks becomes unbearable.

Nontheless you have the option to download externally. Just try it, I personally like the asset very much as can be seen from my spam here on the forum :D

antoripa and Lurking-Ninja like this.
  36. MostHated

MostHated

I bought the rest of his animals last night. : x lol. Cant wait to have them roaming around and drinking from my awesome Cascade made river. ;)

antoripa, Rowlan and Lurking-Ninja like this.
  37. antoripa

antoripa

Just sent another message to unity asset store team asking to approve the update-

LittleMike likes this.
  38. LittleMike

LittleMike

I may have missed the answer - what is the promotional price on this? I know you said you were extending it due to this AS outage.

antoripa likes this.
  39. antoripa

antoripa

Confirmed. We keep the additional special price on top of launch price. It is our “thank you” for the great support from users community for the last days. And next week I will present a new concept I have developed for all the week to create a faster workflow for akways more realistic landscape...
    Our asset is unique.. beware of imitations..

blitzvb, LittleMike and Lurking-Ninja like this.
  40. MostHated

MostHated

I believe the promo price is $29.99, that was what I saw it at when I bought it. : D

antoripa and LittleMike like this.
  41. LittleMike

LittleMike

Thank you. What is the price, please? It will not show me because the Asset Store link is still down.

Edit - looks like @MostHated posted the same time I asked again. Haha. Thanks!

antoripa likes this.
  42. blitzvb

blitzvb

You may have missed my last question :

Does all the features works with a mesh terrain?

If no, What’s missing for mesh with the current version? When do you think that all features will be mesh compatible ?

Thanks in advance

antoripa likes this.
  43. Rowlan

Rowlan

I toyed around some and one thing led to the other, so here's a feature request: Would it be possible to give the movement a full stop? I mean everything while still having Sparcles, Reflection, Refraction and what not active? Basically I'd like to freeze everything. Turns out Cascade is also perfect for frozen lakes and rivers :)

frozen.jpg

blitzvb and antoripa like this.
  44. antoripa

antoripa

From technical point of view a terrain used by Unity a mesh that has few specific features. Cascade design take in account that. So, there are more approach to generate a landscape that is based on standard mesh. If you share a bit more detail , we can create a proper use case

45. antoripa

antoripa

Nice shot.

46. antoripa

antoripa

Yep . 29 USD that not include VAT or TAX Sales ( something that chance country by country )
    I noted that despite i sent update package to UAS more than 72 hours ago, review is still pending.
    I still suggest to be patience , but I understand that every day is going to be more difficult .
    My thought is to wait until Tuesday morning ( GMT Time ) , and after that I will evaluate further action. If someone knows the community manager of the forum ( not the moderators but who are in charge at Unity end ), I think that they could help

LittleMike likes this.
  47. antoripa

antoripa

48. Rowlan

Rowlan

Thanks! I couldn't resist, so here's animated :D

I let a the river flow a bit in order to fake windy snow on top of it :)

49. blitzvb

blitzvb

Sure. I displace vertex of hexagons based on a heightmap. I have a hexgrid of multiple hexagon that are combine in chunk.

I need river and lake to be placed procedurally on top of that mesh “terrain”. Would cascade basic feature will work?

Ideally it would deform the mesh underneath and/or expand in a hole (lake). Also for the riverbed ideally it would deform the underneath mesh.

If I buy this asset what would work “now”?

50. antoripa

antoripa

not sure you have noted .. but you can move the support scene view toolbar and put at your best point ..

upload_2018-3-4_10-56-23.png

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.