Search Unity

Assets [Released] Cascade - Rivers, Lakes, Waterfall and more ..

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by antoripa, Jan 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antoripa

antoripa

Gandamir likes this.
  2. antoripa

antoripa

To create the scene, Cascade uses a single mesh and a single shader.
    We designed Cascade bearing in mind to make a simple system with unique and new features.
    We put a lot of effort in research and development to create new unique assets bringing new idea coming from 25+ years significant experience and feedback from users... more and more is going to be deployed .
    so guys, beware of imitations and help us with your feedback and suggestion to make our assets every release as your assets

Cheers
    Antonio Ripa

upload_2018-2-18_18-42-2.png

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
    boysenberry and blitzvb like this.
  3. antoripa

antoripa

upload_2018-2-18_21-10-39.png

blitzvb likes this.
  4. blitzvb

blitzvb

antoripa likes this.
  5. antoripa

antoripa

yes, it is
    Version 1.0.1 include 6 scenes and that is one of those.
    And with a new tool included in 1.0.1 creating that kind of water system is gonna take mo more than 30 seconds
    We expect 1.0.1 live no later than Wednesday , but for users who shared their invoice number, we are going to share v 1.0.1 for end of day.
    We did not expect approval in 2 weeks . so few service to support Cascade and all next assets are not ready . .My team and myself are working hard to get all done by Wednesday ..

blitzvb likes this.
  6. antoripa

antoripa

Hello,
    quick introduction to UI and new feature in ver 1.0.1 that is in review

7. antoripa

antoripa

Cascade allow you more than create your water surface .. in version 1.0.1 we added a new procedutal terrain engine that will carve your landscape. In the first release it is limited to single terrain ( whatever size ) and only one Cascade builder. We want first get your feedback and after enable full power of Cascade Terrain Carving

8. blitzvb

blitzvb

Hey,

Does the carving of the riverbed work at runtime? And can it work on a mesh?

Thanks in advance

Last edited: Feb 19, 2018
    antoripa likes this.
  9. antoripa

antoripa

Terrain carving will work in realtime. Module is a small spin off of a more large project. and I am not sure if we incorporate the runtime terrain carving in Cascade or release a small add on.
    It will worl with mesh terrain. Release for that is planned in next few weeks.

blitzvb likes this.
  10. blitzvb

blitzvb

That would be perfect so I can use it for all my carving.

11. antoripa

antoripa

Hello,
    tomorrow I will add one section on first top with a temporary link for package update and hot fix.
    First will be new design for Vegetation Studio integration

Rowlan and SirTwistedStorm like this.
  12. Rowlan

Rowlan

Can't wait, the demo landscape needs trees and grass :D

cascade.jpg

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
    antoripa likes this.
  13. antoripa

antoripa

Yep .. it is going to be ready soon ... nice shot

14. antoripa

antoripa

Version 1.0.1.1 is live ...
    We added a new design mode with river bed carving and our design approach based on a real time mesh generator that simulate the river bed carving.
    When ready you can conform your terrain and always undo the changes ....
    First version is limited to river builder and only single tile terrain . soon we will update with full capability ...

15. Rowlan

Rowlan

Thank you very much antoripa!!! This is sooo awesome :)

dragon2.jpg

dragon6.jpg

dragon7.jpg

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
  16. antoripa

antoripa

Thanks ...more unique features will come soon

17. antoripa likes this.
  18. antoripa

antoripa

I have same issue with UAS .. I am going to escalate the issue to unity. Hope they will fix. I think that they have an issue with a node of their reporitory as it works for few users
    So in few days our repository will be live and you can download from there as well.

19. Yeah, reinstalling Unity does not help. The "funny" thing is, I only have problem with Cascade, apparently. At least, I have tried a couple of other assets (new purchases and old), but those were installing without this problem.
    It's either something with the package or with the download.

antoripa likes this.
  20. antoripa

antoripa

It works for a part of the users .. I think that UAS repository has a kinf of LB system . maybe regional .. so somewhere the repository is not updated properly. Trying to undestand how raise a ticket.

21. Bug report:

Code (CSharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2. ESAnimationCurveUtility.^[^^`ehbihk (UnityEngine.AnimationCurve hZZ`ghhckfa, UnityEngine.AnimationCurve jh`hhikjcif)
    3. ESAnimationCurveUtility.CreateCopy (UnityEngine.AnimationCurve hZZ`ghhckfa)
    4. com.earthshaping.Cascade.CascadePath.Zdb]hc^[hig (Single a`]aacZeik^, Single jj^[ZZhZfgk)
    5. com.earthshaping.Cascade.CascadePath.GetSplineOrientedPoints (Single bZ^fcZfZbf[)
    6. com.earthshaping.Cascade.RiverPath.MeshSurfaceGenerate () (at Assets/EarthShaping/Cascade/WaterPathTool/Scripts/RiverPath.cs:1257)
    7. com.earthshaping.Cascade.RiverPath.RefreshCascadePath (Boolean external) (at Assets/EarthShaping/Cascade/WaterPathTool/Scripts/RiverPath.cs:1231)
    8. RiverPathEditor.OnSceneGUI () (at Assets/EarthShaping/Cascade/WaterPathTool/Scripts/Editor/RiverPathEditor.cs:197)
    9. System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
    10. Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    11. System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
    12. System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
    13. UnityEditor.SceneView.CallOnSceneGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:2507)
    14. UnityEditor.SceneView.HandleSelectionAndOnSceneGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:1833)
    15. UnityEditor.SceneView.OnGUI () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/SceneView/SceneView.cs:1663)
    16. System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
    17. Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    18. System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
    19. System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
    20. UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:295)
    21. UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:288)
    22. UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (Rect onGUIPosition) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:255)
    23. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)
    and

Code (CSharp):
    1. GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced)
    2. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)
    It's with the privately shared Cascade 1.0.1.

Reproduce:
    - Open Unity 2017.3.1f1 with new project (Windows 10 x64)
    - Import Cascade
    - Open demo scene 06 (edit mode)
    - Select a spline point
    - Shift + Click somewhere on the Terrain or on the spline graphic

(So basically does not insert new spline point for me)

After this I reopened the scene by double click on it (without saving the first modification):

Code (CSharp):
    1. ArgumentException: Getting control 0's position in a group with only 0 controls when doing Repaint
    2. Aborting
    3. UnityEngine.GUILayoutGroup.GetNext () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/IMGUI/Managed/LayoutGroup.cs:115)
    4. UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.BeginLayoutGroup (UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options, System.Type layoutType) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/IMGUI/Managed/GUILayoutUtility.cs:299)
    5. UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginHorizontal (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/IMGUI/Managed/GUILayout.cs:306)
    6. UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginHorizontal (UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/IMGUI/Managed/GUILayout.cs:296)
    7. UnityEngine.GUILayout+HorizontalScope..ctor (UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/IMGUI/Managed/GUILayoutBindings.cs:16)
    8. CascadeWindow.UI_CascadeBuildersList () (at Assets/EarthShaping/Cascade/WaterPathTool/Scripts/Editor/CascadeWindow.cs:540)
    9. CascadeWindow.OnGUI () (at Assets/EarthShaping/Cascade/WaterPathTool/Scripts/Editor/CascadeWindow.cs:326)
    10. System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
    11. Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    12. System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
    13. System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
    14. UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName, System.Object obj) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:295)
    15. UnityEditor.HostView.Invoke (System.String methodName) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:288)
    16. UnityEditor.HostView.InvokeOnGUI (Rect onGUIPosition) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/HostView.cs:255)

antoripa likes this.
  22. antoripa

antoripa

Thanks for reporting.
    You can try to disable the design mode to change your point. Just click on "design" on the tollbar in the scene view.
    I will release and hot fix in the morning.

Attached Files:

23. antoripa

antoripa

Would add that bug is only for insert node ( Shift+ L Mouse ) but the add it works even in design mode ( Ctrl + Mouse L )

24. Design mode has no effect on this bug, happens both in design mode and in not design mode as well.
    The CTRL-Click does not affected, I can add new spline points, I just can't insert one.

25. antoripa

antoripa

Yes, I am able to reproduce the issue. Will fix in the morning ( 1.50 am here ) :)
    Thanks a lot for reporting all the details

Rowlan and Lurking-Ninja like this.
  26. antoripa

antoripa

New version will be ready in next few hours and pushed to the store. It will be 1.0.1 rev.2

It contains even an improved integration with Vegetation Studio and other small bug fix.like the insert node in the path

IFL, Rowlan, blitzvb and 2 others like this.
  27. Rowlan

Rowlan

Wow, I tested some more and am severly impressed. I tried several water assets so far and there was always this flickering and jitter around the object's silhouette. It perfectly works in Cascade and the reflection is awesome. Great job!

reflection.jpg

28. antoripa

antoripa

Cascade 1.0.1 ver2 is out

You can read Change Log

Enjoy ...
    Cheers,
    Antonio

29. antoripa

antoripa

in 1.0.1 ver2 we improved the integration with Awesome Vegetation Studio.
    Assets work fully in sync

30. blitzvb

blitzvb

Wow! Pretty cool.

antoripa likes this.
  31. antoripa

antoripa

Join us on our Skype or Discord text chat if you have any questions.

32. form_d_K

form_d_K

Wait, I thought this was released. Where'd it go??

33. antoripa

antoripa

Hi,
    checking what is the issue with Unity Team
    Please be patience
    Thanks
    Antonio

form_d_K and Lurking-Ninja like this.
  34. MaliceA4Thought

MaliceA4Thought

ermmm so I just went to asset store to look for Cascade and got a

Cascade - Rivers, Lakes, Waterfalls and more ..
    TerrainEarthShaping
    Unfortunately, Cascade - Rivers, Lakes, Waterfalls and more .. is no longer available.

page.

Is this the new asset store stuffing up again?

M

35. MaliceA4Thought

MaliceA4Thought

oops sorry didn't see previous post when I posted.. I'll hurry up and wait then :)

M

36. boysenberry

boysenberry

Hi there,
    Does this only work with Unity Terrains? I am hoping to get this to work with Voxeland a voxel based approach assuming this works with meshes as well. Does it?

TIA,
    Boysenberry

37. MostHated

MostHated

Hello, I just bought this And didn't even get to download it, it says it's gone from the store?

https://imgur.com/a/ZxNPb

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  38. antoripa

antoripa

Hello folks,
    As most of you are aware, we have been facing new challenges on the Unity Asset Store with the Cascade asset's download.
    I have escalated this to the Unity Asset Store Team, opening a ticket on the 20th February 2018. As of 22nd of February 1.00AM GMT, the Cascade asset is still not visible on Unity Asset Store.
    The Unity Asset Store Team is a small but focused team doing their best, but given they are usually overloaded with a pile of asset store problems to go through everyday, it will take a few days to sort this out.
    I am confident that in next few days Cascade will be available on UAS again and until then I would kindly like to request from you to be understanding and patient, as you have been until now :)
    In the meantime, if anyone who bought the asset needs the latest update, please feel free to send me a pm. You can fully rely on our excellent support 24/7 as our first set of customers had the chance to experience.
    At the same time, I want just give you a bit of background on who I am and all I am going to write below is public and easy to check on my LinkedIn profile.
    I have been working on Unity asset development since October 2016 investing more than 4.000 development hours and bring with me to the table, 25 years of professional working experience in global enterprise companies.
    I've been awarded for innovation projects three times during 2010-2015 and the last one was a global award for an innovative multi-million dollar project that spanned several years and I had the opportunity to lead this team in one of the 3 biggest IT companies in the world.
    My background and my spirit to release innovative tech has always motivated me to query the status quo and improve. That is the spirit I have been trying to run fairly with my assets as well.
    But as you know, being an innovator is always not easy because others consider you a threat in their small "backyard" and will try to bring you down.
    Therefore it is important that I have the support of those who'll benefit from my innovative solutions, especially like I have been receiving since the opening of the Sentieri asset's thread in December 2016.
    The Gaming market is growing exponentially every year and innovators are pouring in, bringing with them a great pool of talent in a variety of technologies and correspondingly bring a huge benefit for all of us ( even to me as a user of Unity ).
    Thanks a lot for your support , understanding and patience. I look forward to working with you.
    Cheers,
    Antonio Ripa

Last edited: Feb 22, 2018
  39. blitzvb

blitzvb

I understand but that doesn’t explain why the asset was removed from the store :/

antoripa likes this.
  40. antoripa

antoripa

That is true. We still don't know have details about the issue and we can only wait the detail that UAS team will provide as soon as they can in line with their huge work load from huge number of assets the handle.
    So we have been progressing on our daily task and wating unity store team details about the issue.
    It is not first time that similar issue happens, but what is important is that from both side there are team who work to delivery quality and i have always seen so far is that issues are always resolved in the proper time.

blitzvb and Lurking-Ninja like this.
  41. antoripa

antoripa

hey folks ...multitile on its way .. landscape has 4 tiles each is 6.000 x 6.000
    River is 21Km and width is about 800 meters ...
    planned for version 1.0.2 rev0

upload_2018-2-23_16-9-18.png

42. antoripa

antoripa

Hello
    hot fix 1.0.1rev2 hf 01 is out
    Fix issue when you create a build.
    Link in discord channel

43. Fortitude3D

Fortitude3D

Thanks for the release :)

antoripa likes this.
  44. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Tonight I am interviewing Antonio one of the creators of Cascade!
    http://bit.ly/earthshaping

We are giving away 1 copy of Cascade to a lucky winner!

The stream starts tonight at 9pm GMT, 4pm EST, 1pm PST, 8am AEDT
    http://www.twitch.tv/themessycoder

Antonio will hopefully be joining after midnight. So before then I will be checking out the new update to Next Gen FPS and then running around checking out how beautiful Kingdom Come Deliverance is.

blitzvb, Rowlan, Flurgle and 3 others like this.
  45. antoripa

antoripa

After 2 hours and one limoncello's bottle .. give away were two ... :) .. thanks a lot @TheMessyCoder and all the comunity for the great and funny time .. see you again in next few weeks ...

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  46. TheMessyCoder

TheMessyCoder

Thank you mate. Had a great time and I was amazed at how easy Cascade is and how powerful a tool it is!! blew my mind

47. LittleMike

LittleMike

@Rowlan You make such amazing looking environments. I wish I knew how to do what you do.

Thanks to @TheMessyCoder for introducing me to this asset. Hopefully the AS issues will be resolved soon. May I ask what the price is on this asset? (Messy - I have no wife to take away the credit card. I'm doomed, mate. Haha)

TheMessyCoder and Rowlan like this.
  48. MostHated

MostHated

I just wanted to report a possible bug, I have been playing around with this, but have been getting a lot of errors, but this one seems to be reproducible, at least on my end. If you go into Segments menu, you can click on the area where a cascade definition would be, it lets you select it, but if you don't actually have any created you start to get errors as seen below.

49. MostHated

MostHated

Also, is there a video on how to make an actual waterfall? I see the material for it. My small river looks silly just slowly flowing straight down a cliff, lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.