Search Unity

1. Unity 2020.1 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Unity **READ ME FIRST** Troubleshooting connection/loading project issues with Package Manager

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by samuelb_unity, Apr 16, 2020.

1. ronateds

ronateds

It worked for me using CCleaner
    Download this program -> run -> go to Registry -> Scan for issues - fix selected issues

unitysolving.jpg

Actually, It started having the same problem, but I noticed that when I minimize my browser my project opens.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
  2. lrb

lrb

Can't use Unity anymore here for the past 24h! Tried in four different computers, three different networks, also tried this Firewall settings, no proxy at all, no changes on system or networks, just stoped working!

Attached Files:

3. supitaUnity

supitaUnity

Unity Technologies

Hey @lrb, your problem seems to be different from the one usually reported in this thread, according to the diagnostic report Unity and Package Manager communicate in your case. Can you provide the logs (Editor.log and upm.log) after opening your project in Unity? To gather these files, please refer to the Log files section in Unity User Manual (https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/LogFiles.html)

Keep in mind that the logs are written every time there is a successfully launch. If you run the diagnostic tool, the Package Manager will be ran, and upm.log will be written again.

Any other information about your project in particular will be useful: if you have scope registries, git dependencies, and such. If it fails in all the Unity versions you have installed (which ones have you tried), if the problem started after you upgraded Unity.

4. DhrU-nity

DhrU-nity

This guy in the link says that this might be a peoblem with the windows build version,Update it to the latest verion,
    https://forum.unity.com/members/lord_padriac.5371952/

5. bgrah-so

bgrah-so

This problem (Editor won't open after starting it from hub. It would just silently close midway loading.) happened to me few weeks ago, at that time it was fixed by installing a different version -> from 2019.4.1f1 to 2019.4.2f1. But this time i have no update available (i'm at 2019.4.6f1, hub at 2.3.2). I tried uninstalling editor and reinstalling, but there is no difference. I am able to open a new project.

I ump.log i get
    [ERROR] [Unity Package Manager (Upm)]

Another strange thing that was happening is that from time to time after recompiling, editor would start throwing errors that
    UnityEngine.UI
    is missing. Reimporting assets helped sometimes, sometimes restarts helped. This happened also yesterday. I tried to restart the editor, but it didn't open anymore.

I'm really stuck here, we have an app in production and have a lot of work to do. @supitaUnity if you need any other logs, or have some ideas how to fix this, let me know. Thanks.

Edit:
    Deleting folders
    /Library
    obj
    and
    Temp
    fixed the problem for me now.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020 at 11:35 AM
  6. supitaUnity

supitaUnity

Unity Technologies

Hello @bgrah-so,

Thanks for reporting this and providing the logs. Happy to see you found a solution. This seems to be a problem with the Unity editor, not in particular from the Package Manager: Unity is crashing, and in the cleaning process it is terminating the Package Manager process, that's what is logged in the `upm.log`. Also, Package Manager server is able to run, and it is able to connect with Unity.

Now, the problem with Unity, as you mentioned seems to be caused by
    UnityEngine.UI
    as per your Editor.log, but I'm not sure what the source is. By deleting the
    /Library
    folder, you flush the cache and it seems you fix your problem. In the manual it states that this folder should not be changed by the user nor included in the version control system, not sure if that's the impacting you (https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/AssetWorkflow.html)

Cheers

bgrah-so likes this.
  7. bgrah-so

bgrah-so

Thanks for a good explanation to my problem @supitaUnity ! It makes sense :)
    And yes, we don't touch
    /Library
    folder manually nor include it in version control.

unityunity