Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

MMO System Architecture

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by helmi_034, Mar 21, 2009.

1. helmi_034

helmi_034

I want build MMO Game using unity. i'm beginner in online game. as i know there are several part in the server side and client side.

maybe someone can help me to mention all part that have to be there either on Server side or Client Side (For Example World/Map Management)

and which part that already provide on Unity and if there is a part which not provide on unity, what should do to get that part, using third party or what?

Kindly Waiting for Excellent Information...

Regards,

2. aaronsullivan

aaronsullivan

3. Bugfoot

Bugfoot

"I want build MMO Game using unity. i'm beginner in online game"

Sorry for the reality-check, but this made me rise an eyebrow. If you're new at online games, you should start with something much more small scale, such as a simple multiplayer game supporting two players. You will learn a lot from that alone, and that will give you an idea of how much of an endeavor building an MMO is.

4. helmi_034

helmi_034

Hi Spk, actually it will not me my self that develop that game.

my company want to develop a MMO Game online. i just need in concept level, in another word MMO Game System Architecture...

actually for all development, i'll give to outsourcing that experience in Game Development, even though it will be outsourced.. i think in level concept i have to know about MMO..

also i think to knowing something, u dont have to do it or try it..u can find out by read and asking...

THX