Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Guidance for Simple MP project

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by AntLewis, Apr 28, 2024.

1. AntLewis

AntLewis

Hey there, I’m looking for a bit of direction with regard to a ‘simple’ multiplayer project I’m undertaking to gain some multiplayer experience . Effectively I’m trying to build a game similar in nature to bingo - so functionally a server would send out a number to clients, clients would respond when they have a line of numbers (bingo!) and other players could view how many other players have registered a bingo all within a timed game. This functionally seems pretty simple compared to what netcode for game objects provides, so is this the right approach? BTW appreciate there’s other considerations such as matchmaking etc but it’s really the core game and I’d like guidance on.

Appreciate any help!

2. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

Bingo is at its core turn based, or low frequency interaction at most to uphold some time pressure. A Webservice REST Api would seem most straightforward but NGO would work just as fine, particularly if it‘s a learning experience and you want to do other mp games in the future.

3. AntLewis

AntLewis

Many thanks for the steer.