Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. The 2023.1 beta is now available for testing. To find out what's new, have a look at our 2023.1 feature highlights.
    Dismiss Notice

Editor skinning thread

Discussion in '2019.3 Beta' started by pointcache, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Kamyker

Kamyker

It's pretty old but I had to save all icons from 2019.2 and load them in newer version. Some code is in https://github.com/kamyker/UnityDarkenThemer

2. Mauri

Mauri

Just decided to give this one above (which can be found here) a try because I liked it a lot. Looks pretty good I'd say:

There are some quirks, however:
    • Package Manager - or UI Toolkit-based elements in general - do not seem to be stylable, leaving them in the default Unity color.
    • Checkboxes, toggle boxes, scrollbars, etc... use plain images. Same with that bottom-right Tools window inside the Scene view. They would need to get replaced in order to make them fit.
    I'm considering finishing this up as best as possible and throw it onto GitHub.
    Would there be any interest?

Edit (Dec 11): It can now be found on GitHub and there's a dedicated thread here:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2021
    mgear likes this.
  3. pointcache

pointcache

Interest - yes. The images need some way to easily inject your own, maybe a scriptable? A way to dump them on disk, and then import on load?

4. starfoxy

starfoxy

Looking sharp @Mauri ! I am always interested in having new themes to use!

5. Vincent13122

Vincent13122

Does anyone of you know how to swap out the editor icons? I am trying to use the old icons from before the 2019 editor "upgrade". I put them in the "Editor Default Resources\Icons" folder as described here. However this is not working at all.

I saw some of your skins had changed a couple of editor icons, how do they achieve that?
    I have the import format set to "Editor GUI and Legacy GUI"

Can anyone help me out?
    I am working on a theme that restores the editor to how it used to look, and this is pretty much the final step.

upload_2022-8-1_17-37-36.png upload_2022-8-1_17-37-59.png