Search Unity

1. The 2022.1 beta is now available for testing. To find out what's new, have a look at our 2022.1 beta blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct here to familiarize yourself with the rules and how to post constructively.

Adapta Nokto - Manjaro Linux inspired Editor theme

Discussion in 'Tools In Progress' started by Mauri, Dec 8, 2021.

1. Mauri

Mauri

I've been experimenting with styling the Editor lately.

What is Adapta Nokto?

How does it work?
    • The majority of the Editor's UI is based on IMGUI. By using a method that's explained here, you can create your own custom theme with ease. The good thing is that it's always temporary: If you don't like it, delete it and the Editor will go back to its default state.

Compatibility
    • Note: This theme has been officially tested with
      only. I recommend to use it solely with
      2020.3.XX
      . Editor versions
      2021.X
      and higher are gradually shifting from IMGUI towards UI Toolkit.

• 2021.X.X • Yes, with limitations • Same as below.
    • 2020.3.X • Yes, with limitations • Some UI elements have the default Unity skin coloring due to the use of UI Toolkit. These can't be modified.

Installation
    • Before you install: Adapta Nokto is built with Unity's Dark skin in mind. As such, you'll need to enable it. Please also note that it could potentially interfere with UIs from third-party assets! Use at your own risk. Should you encounter any anomalies, consider uninstalling it and discontinue further use. Do not bother Unity Technologies or developers of third-party assets with any bug reports - customizing the Editor this way isn't officially supported (and likely will never be).

Via Package Manager:
      In the Package Manager, click the button and choose "Add package from git URL..." from the dropdown menu.
      Enter the following URL and hit 'Add':
      https://github.com/mauricepape/adapta-nokto-for-unity.git

Manually:
      Visit the GitHub repo, click the green 'Code' button and hit "Download ZIP". Once downloaded and extracted, put the contents of the "adapta-nokto-for-unity-master" folder into your project's Assets folder.

License

Another cool custom theme (not by me): https://forum.unity.com/threads/clean-light-editor-theme.1127993

Last edited: Dec 14, 2021
  2. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Thank you !

3. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Is there a way that you know of to change the top toolbar button sizes?
    I want to change some of the unity buttons in unity 2022 as they are now too small for my liking?

As you can see in this video:

Now I want to add it to the .uss but I don't know if thats possible?

unityunity