Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Disable Editor Analytics for Unity Personal License

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by patrickk2, Jun 1, 2022.

1. patrickk2

patrickk2

Hello everyone!

The WebGL build of my Unity projects makes POST requests to cdp.cloud.unity3d.com/v1/events. I followed the steps for deactivating the Editor Analytics as described in the manual, made sure that the status is "You opted out", and restarted the editor and Unity Hub (I also logged out and back in in Unity Hub to be sure).

But in the next build I made, the requests are still being made.

Does anybody have an idea what steps I might be missing, and could help me with a hint on how to disable those requests?

Any advise woule be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance and best regards,
    Patrick

Last edited: Jun 1, 2022
  2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Editor Analytics are only sent in the Unity Editor, not a running game. Are you referring to legacy Analytics?

3. patrickk2

patrickk2

Hello Jeff!

The services tab shows that Legacy Analytics are disabled:

upload_2022-6-9_19-45-51.png

From what else could that request come from, and how can I disable that?

The reason I thought this had to do with Editor Analytics, was that I googled the above URL and found references to it (for example in a thread here on the forums, and on Stackoverflow). If this is something else, I would be very thankful for any help in finding the source and disabling it.

I am using Unity Version 2020.3.26f1 Personal.

Thanks in advance and best regards,
    Patrick

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Editor Analytics are separate from Legacy Analytics. To confirm, you are not running this in the Editor, but have published to a web server, correct? I agree, it seems that some game service is making the call. A Charles Proxy capture would tell us what service is making the call. You correctly have Legacy Analytics disabled. https://support.unity.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002917683-Using-Charles-Proxy-with-Unity . Does a new/empty WebGL project do the same thing?

5. patrickk2

patrickk2

Hello Jeff!

No it is not running in the Editor but is served by a web server, and I do not see the requests for a build made from a new and empty WebGL project.

Thank you for the tip with Charles Proxy, I will try if I can identify the service with that.

Thanks again and best regards,
    Patrick