Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

[Collab] Logging out when pushing

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Bonkahe, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Bonkahe

Bonkahe

First of all, I know alot of what you guys hear in this forum is a bit whiny, and let me get out of the way that this is an awesome feature, and you guys are all doing a great job, I do hope you don't get discouraged by constantly replying to these, keep up the great work.

So the issue is that when uploading anything more than code to collab (in this case about 50 mb's, I'm implementing SteamVR and it has some textures and models in it), the upload will fail about half way through due to logging out of my unity account, I thought at first my internet was just bad and I had one of my teammates attempt the same upload, and they experienced the same issue. I believe the issue may be that the upload is taking so much of the upload speed on the internet connection that my computer can no longer communicate with the unity hub, if it is that, I have two possible solutions, make it so we can limit the upload speed, yea it might take a long time but it wont log us out while it's doing the upload and we can just go get a coffee while waiting. Or maybe increase the amount of time you can not re-authenticate with the unity server during upload times, so as not to time out the login. Just a few thoughts, if this is just a simple mistake on our end please let us know.

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Bonkahe! Thank you, I'm so glad to hear that you're enjoying using Collab!

I think you might be onto something about your bandwidth being just low enough that it gets interrupted during a large enough publish. But before I offer any suggestions I'd like to confirm that first. Would you mind running our Network Reporting Tool, then opening a Support Ticket with us and adding the following info along with it:
    - Your Network Reporter log
    - Your Unity version
    - Whether you're getting logged out of Unity as a whole (The Account button at the top asks you to sign in again) or if you're just losing your link to all Services in the Services Window (pressing the Cloud button at the top shows an empty window).

With that info we should be able to determine exactly what's going on. Thanks in advance and let us know if you run into any issues.

3. Bonkahe

Bonkahe

Hey @ryanc-unity I sent the requested info via support ticket, hope to hear from you.

4. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

That's great! Can you send me your support ticket number so that I can make sure that our Support team has received it?