Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Can't create the "Default Script References

Discussion in 'EditorXR' started by hunz, Jun 25, 2021.

1. hunz

hunz

Hello,

I've been working on a VR project and one of the artists prefers to work in the environment placing objects around.

We've are using 2021.1.12F1 and I understand the Editor mode doesn't work here but the Play mode might be supported.

I'm following along with the documentation here : https://github.com/Unity-Technologi...~/com.unity.labs.editorxr.md#editorxr-runtime

When I create the "Default Script References" I get this error.

Saving Prefab to immutable folder is not allowed: Packages/com.unity.editorxr/Runtime/Scripts/Modules/SnappingModule/Prefabs/MenuFaceSnapping.prefab
    UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStackTrace ()
    Unity.EditorXR.Utilities.DefaultScriptReferences:UpdateScriptReferences () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.editorxr@0.4.12-preview/Runtime/Scripts/Data/DefaultScriptReferences.cs:120)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

2. amirebrahimi_unity

amirebrahimi_unity

3. hunz

hunz

Thank you for this. I'm sorry about the repeat in question, I was looking through the forum and swear nothing poped up :D

This is a new project though so it hasn't been upgraded but I will reinstall EditXR and see what's going on.

Thank you again!

4. hunz

hunz

Uninstalled and reinstalled EditorXR and the same error appears. Let me know if there are any other solutions appreciate it.

5. StayTalm_Unity

StayTalm_Unity

Unity Technologies

Can you file a bug?
    I can dig into this. The immutable folder is because it's trying to create a new default reference inside of the package. Those should come with the package, and new default references should only be created within your asset folder (or your own custom packages).