Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

XmlSerializer Deserialize () System.NotSupportedException

Discussion in 'Windows' started by FlashMuller, Jan 6, 2016.

1. FlashMuller

FlashMuller

Hey guys,
    I'm using the XmlSerializer class to save and load date. Just to make sure: I do know that System.IO is not supported on WSA and can tell that I've worked around that (using UnifiedIO from the AssetStore).

Now: I can create my XML using XmlSerializer.Serialize(), store and open it; it works. I can NOT however Deserialize using the XmlSerializer, which is quite frankly just weird. The exception is below.

Additional information: XLinqException thrown: 'System.NotSupportedException' in SYSTEM.XML.SERIALIZATION.NI.DLL

Can anyone help on how to either get it working or work around that with a different class?

Thanks,
    Daniel

2. Aurimas-Cernius

Aurimas-Cernius

Unity Technologies

3. FlashMuller

FlashMuller

Aurimas,
    thanks for the link. But Deserialize / the XmlSerializer doesn't seem to be a part of that collection - or am I missing something?
    Thanks!

4. Aurimas-Cernius

Aurimas-Cernius

Unity Technologies

Those might be available on the system, we were only adding missing items. If you code compiles using .NET Core (default), then you are fine with it. I was referring more to System.IO replacements.