Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only.

Please, do not make any changes to your username or email addresses at id.unity.com during this transition time.

It's still possible to reply to existing private message conversations during the migration, but any new replies you post will be missing after the main migration is complete. We'll do our best to migrate these messages in a follow-up step.

On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live.

Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

XmlSerializer Deserialize () System.NotSupportedException

Discussion in 'Windows' started by FlashMuller, Jan 6, 2016.

1. FlashMuller

FlashMuller

Hey guys,
    I'm using the XmlSerializer class to save and load date. Just to make sure: I do know that System.IO is not supported on WSA and can tell that I've worked around that (using UnifiedIO from the AssetStore).

Now: I can create my XML using XmlSerializer.Serialize(), store and open it; it works. I can NOT however Deserialize using the XmlSerializer, which is quite frankly just weird. The exception is below.

Additional information: XLinqException thrown: 'System.NotSupportedException' in SYSTEM.XML.SERIALIZATION.NI.DLL

Can anyone help on how to either get it working or work around that with a different class?

Thanks,
    Daniel

2. Aurimas-Cernius

Aurimas-Cernius

Unity Technologies

3. FlashMuller

FlashMuller

Aurimas,
    thanks for the link. But Deserialize / the XmlSerializer doesn't seem to be a part of that collection - or am I missing something?
    Thanks!

4. Aurimas-Cernius

Aurimas-Cernius

Unity Technologies

Those might be available on the system, we were only adding missing items. If you code compiles using .NET Core (default), then you are fine with it. I was referring more to System.IO replacements.