Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

WWW, WWWForm, AddBinary, and PHP

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by abarrett86, Dec 2, 2009.

1. abarrett86

abarrett86

I am trying to take a serialized object (byte[]), send it to a PHP script, which will store it in a MySQL table.

I also want to reverse the process to retrieve the byte[] back from the PHP script.

I have tried using the AddBinary function of WWWForm, but am unable to retrieve the data on the PHP end.

I can see that it is being sent as some level because I
    print_r($GLOBALS); and see the name that I pass in as well as the size of the binary data and a few other stats.

My question is how do I send that data from Unity (C#) to PHP and access the binary data in order to write to a database.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. MatthewW

MatthewW

3. abarrett86

abarrett86

Thanks, that got me a little farther. Now when i get the byte array back, it is the same length as the one sent to the server, so that seems good.

However, when trying to deserialize the byte[] received, I get the error:

SerializationException: Unexpected binary element: 0

I am taking the byte[], building a memory stream with it, and using BinaryFormatter.Deserialize the memory stream

I can't seem to find anywhere that anyone has had a similar problem.

If anyone else has run into a problem or something similar, I appreciate any suggestions.