Search Unity

WorldToTile crash

Discussion in 'Navigation' started by radiantboy, Mar 30, 2020.

1. radiantboy

radiantboy

If I leave my agents long enough wandering around then I get this error:

========== OUTPUTTING STACK TRACE ==================
    0x00007FF6092DEBCA (Unity) WorldToTile
    0x00007FF6092D88EA (Unity) NavMeshQuery::MoveAlongSurface
    0x00007FF6092D8784 (Unity) NavMeshQuery::MoveAlongSurface
    0x00007FF6092C203C (Unity) PathCorridor::MovePosition
    0x00007FF6092C9BA6 (Unity) UpdateMoveJob
    0x00007FF608859DAD (Unity) JobQueue::Exec
    0x00007FF60885A4FD (Unity) JobQueue::ExecuteJobFromHighPriorityStack
    0x00007FF60885BF53 (Unity) JobQueue::processJobs
    0x00007FF6088613D6 (Unity) JobQueue::WorkLoop
    0x00007FF608E030C0 (Unity) Thread::RunThreadWrapper
    0x00007FFD77567BD4 (KERNEL32) BaseThreadInitThunk
    0x00007FFD7846CED1 (ntdll) RtlUserThreadStart

and unity crashes, happens everytime sooner or later. But I cant even find this error on google.. any ideas?

2. radiantboy

radiantboy

Still getting this, its pretty much making testing my game impossible. Forgot to say im on unity 2020.1.0a12. I cant upgrade unfortunately because newer unitys just crash as soon as I hit play (due to drawGizmo crash). Im hoping it's been fixed, but I see zero references on the web to it, so who knows. I also cant submit bug reports because that crashes too lol.

3. radiantboy

radiantboy

So I think I fixed it, I had plants set to navigation static, probably there was some parts of the mesh like leaves etc messing it up, so I took all plants off navigation stattic and it hasn't crashed in a long time :) So try that if you get this error.. there was obviously no need to allow my npcs to walk over these anyway, they look better walking through them.

4. radiantboy

radiantboy

argh this is happening again on a different city where there's almost no small meshes... still trying to figure it out, I wish there was some more specific error message but there isnt.

5. radiantboy

radiantboy

So I spent all week removing navigation static from anything a bit "dodgy" like trees, plants, wires, rubbish etc. But no luck with this city, I always get that error after a given time. Anyone have any thoughts on how I track it down?
    Im using Unity 2020.1.0a12, I cannot upgrade because of other crashes that are more game breaking (onDrawGizmos crashes when I turn on gizmos or hit play). I hope that possibly newer Unity versions have fixed this, though I hold little hope since this is the only hit on google for WorldToTile crash.

One way I could do it is narrow it down by removing nav mesh static from different parts of the city, but I fear I would be here until xmas doing it that way.

6. radiantboy

radiantboy

Really finding it hardto believe no one else has this issue!.. Very consistent.

7. Wanderer13

Wanderer13

Hello! This crash occurs on my project too, but very rare. Unity version is 2018.3.14. Did you find out the reason?

radiantboy likes this.
  8. radiantboy

radiantboy

Thanks for being another human being with this issue! For me I have identified the circumstances, but never found a solution. It seems if your navmesh agent has area mask with "jump" on then unity will crash with WorldToTile at some point (takes about 10 to 15 mins here). I believe it must happen when a navagent jumps off something in order to land below (off the navmesh links that are auto generated). This is all I can identify, and it has held up my development for months, took me a month fulltime just to isolate that to be honest. So try without "jump" being on in the nav area mask. Of course this is not a fix because it means no one can ever jump from a higher area to a lower area, which is really lame. But I would be interested to know if this stops the crash for you. Im not sure why but it obviously doesnt happen on every jump, maybe under certain circumstances, like they land awkwardly on some tiny object that is set to navigation static or something, thats just a guess (and I dont know how to isolate specifically where it happens as my npcs wander the whole world). I have tried every combination of navagent settings with no luck finding a workaround.

I have another thread on it here:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/area-mask-that-includes-jump-always-crashes.979959/

and here:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/any...tain-navagents-turned-on.975363/#post-6365613

But no answers still. I cannot submit a bug report because the reporter crashes, and they dont accept via email anymore. It would be great if you could submit and I will vote on it, I submitted but they closed it instantly because I sent via email. Support also have not answered in weeks. Lets see if we can crack this issue!!!

They said the following (but hub does not have a report bug option for me, and the unity editor bug reporter always crashes):
    "
    Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Unfortunately, we are not accepting any new inquiries via email to this address.

If you are dealing with Accounts, Licenses, Asset Store and other non-technical issues, please contact:
    https://unity3d.com/learn/support .

If your problem is contained in the platform and tools available with the Unity Engine, please report a bug via:
    - Unity Editor > Help > Report A Bug..
    or
    - Unity Hub > Your account icon in the top right corner > Report a bug

If you are unable to use options stated above, please mail us at support@unity3d.com .

Best regards,
    "

9. Wanderer13

Wanderer13

radiantboy likes this.
  10. radiantboy

radiantboy

NavMeshLinks that I put in myself seem to work (despite somehow all the scripts have gone from all the ones I made in the past argh, or was it 2020 only and ive gone back to 2019 thats why theyre gone?). Is there anything different about NavMeshLink here on github to the already existing one ?

11. Wanderer13

Wanderer13

As I said, crash occurs rarely on my project, so not quite sure about this. OffMeshLink that is auto generated by unity when building navmesh is native c++ thing, otherwise NavMeshLink is C# wrapper over NavMesh, don't know if there is any difference, but I think it worth trying. Did you used auto generated OffMeshLinks in the past or put them by hand? Also note, that for manually created NavMeshLink you can set Area Mask (try selecting not Jump but anything else).

12. Trunka

Trunka

I have that problem, too

13. adriant

adriant

Unity Technologies

I had a quick look in the code and I could not identify any obvious cause for the crash. It's probably triggered by something that's happening in the game. If anyone can provide a way or a project to reproduce the crash with then that would be great and we will investigate it.

So far I can say that I don't see how it can be related to the Navigation static flag because that's not used at runtime, but only at edit-time, when building the NavMesh.
    The problem might be caused by modifications that are being done to the NavMesh (e.g. updating it - not possible with a static NavMesh, carving it with NavMeshObstacles, adding/removing OffMeshLinks/NavMeshLinks). Any info about what the navigation system is doing before the crash (while the game is running normally) could help us track the problem.

14. Trunka

Trunka

@adriant Sure it does not crash at the start. It crashes while playing a level.

- The navmesh is indeed recalculated at runtime due to NavMeshObstacles objects being destroyed (crates, fences...). There are quite a lot of NavmeshObstacles scattered at runtime, but I guess it's the tile being recalculated that was causing the bug. There could be quite a lot of agents in that navmesh tile being modified when it crashes.

- There are NavmeshLinks of both types: Auto-generated ones and manually placed ones. Currently, I don't use Navmesh Components, but it seems others are using it and it crashes, too.

- My case has a system of disabling agents that are far from the player. When they are enabled again, if they were on offMeshLinks before, they are moved to destination and CompleteOffMeshLink() (this may not contribute to the investigation, just a note)

- It can happen 1-2 times after ~5-6 hours of gameplay. I did not check the previous times, but in the last 2 crashes, it happens when I am near level completion, while just wandering (and not spawning new Agents)

- See below for cases when it crashes

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
  15. radiantboy

radiantboy

I did submit a project where it happens consistently within 10 minutes, if you message me @adriant I can give more info (Unity seem extremely slow right now with bug fixes, covid is even affecting our virtual worlds!). As I mentioned above if my navmesh agent has area mask with "jump" on then unity will crash with WorldToTile at some point pretty quickly, with that off I haven't seen the crash in months. Would love to fix it so my guys can jump from places, right now they're all building up on rooftops :) Current unity is 2019.4.11f1, but was also happening on 2020.1.0a12.

@Trung23 Would be interesting to find out if turning off area mask "jump" also fixes it for you?

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
    Trunka likes this.
  16. adriant

adriant

Unity Technologies

@Trung23 and @radiantboy Thank you both for the additional information.
    I managed to reproduce the crash after I've set agents with different area masks. So far it looks like it's related to some NavMeshAgent that was in the process of using an OffMeshLink when suddenly the NavMesh at its ends changed due to NavMeshObstacle carving. We'll be investigating the issue and we'll let you know when a fix is available.

radiantboy and Trunka like this.
  17. radiantboy

radiantboy

WOW, you rock!! I never made that connection with the carving, will be great when this one is fixed!!!.. Thanks a lot.

18. radiantboy

radiantboy

Yeah I think its definitely related to carving because Im working on a mission and it hasnt happened on that scene ever, but as soon as I added the ability to blast barrels (that are nav mesh obstacles) over so they roll down stairs then it keeps crashing with that. Im amazed more games haven't uncovered this over the years though, unless it's some sort of regression bug.

19. adriant

adriant

Unity Technologies

A fix is now in the pipeline for being verified. If all goes well it will be part of the editor patches that will be released in the next few weeks/months.

Trunka and radiantboy like this.
  20. radiantboy

radiantboy

Awesome, Im holding back from unity 2020 due to various other nasty bugs but hopefully one day I can use it. For now im trying to get things dnoe on 2019 which seems to be less buggy.

21. radiantboy

radiantboy

Started getting this again this week!! did the fix go in ?

22. radiantboy

radiantboy

Yep seeing it very often, not seen it in months. Nightmare.

23. adriant

adriant

Unity Technologies

Which editor version are you using?
    The fix is right now being evaluated for releasing in 2019.4, but it is present in 2021.1.9f1 and in 2020.3.12f1 (published on 2021-06-16).

24. radiantboy

radiantboy

Thanks I upgraded to 2021.2.0b1 - I hoped it would work - but my project wont show up properly, half the drop down menus are missing and I get this error:

Maybe related to my chinese username? but i cannot change that :-(
    Will try going to version 2021.1.9

Internal build system error. Backend exited with code 2.
    STDOUT:
    [ 0/478 0s] WriteText Library/Bee/artifacts/1900b0aE.dag/UnityEngine.UI.rsp
    [ 1/478 0s] WriteText Library/Bee/artifacts/1900b0aE.dag/UnityEngine.TestRunner.rsp
    [ 2/478 0s] WriteText Library/Bee/artifacts/1900b0aE.dag/Unity.Timeline.rsp
    [ 3/478 0s] WriteText Library/Bee/artifacts/1900b0aE.dag/UnityEditor.UI.rsp
    [ 4/478 0s] WriteText Library/Bee/artifacts/1900b0aE.dag/UnityEditor.TestRunner.rsp
    [ 5/478 0s] WriteText Library/Bee/artifacts/1900b0aE.dag/Unity.RenderPipelines.HighDefinition.Config.Runtime.rsp
    [ 6/478 0s] WriteText Library/Bee/artifacts/1900b0aE.dag/Unity.VisualEffectGraph.Runtime.rsp
    [ 7/478 0s] WriteText Library/Bee/artifacts/1900b0aE.dag/Unity.Searcher.Editor.rsp
    [ 8/478 0s] WriteText Library/Bee/artifacts/1900b0aE.dag/Unity.RenderPipelines.Core.Runtime.rsp
    [ 9/478 0s] WriteText Library/Bee/artifacts/1900b0aE.dag/Unity.ShaderGraph.Utilities.rsp
    [ 10/478 0s] WriteText Library/Bee/artifacts/1900b0aE.dag/Unity.RenderPipelines.HighDefinition.Runtime.rsp
    STDERR:
    tundra: error: failed to create temporary file: C:\Users\�w\AppData\Local\Temp\tundra.7448.10
    tundra: error: failed to create temporary file: C:\Users\�w\AppData\Local\Temp\tundra.7448.4
    errno: 2 (No such file or directory) GetLastError: 3 (0x00000003): The system cannot find the path specified.
    errno: 2 (No such file or directory) GetLastError: 3 (0x00000003): The system cannot find the path specified.
    tundra: error: failed to create temporary file: C:\Users\�w\AppData\Local\Temp\tundra.7448.13
    tundra: error: failed to create temporary file: C:\Users\�w\AppData\Local\Temp\tundra.7448.9
    tundra: error: failed to create temporary file: C:\Users\�w\AppData\Local\Temp\tundra.7448.6
    tundra: error: failed to create temporary file: C:\Users\�w\AppData\Local\Temp\tundra.7448.11
    tundra: error: failed to create temporary file: C:\Users\�w\AppData\Local\Temp\tundra.7448.2
    tundra: error: failed to create temporary file: C:\Users\�w\AppData\Local\Temp\tundra.7448.14
    tundra: error: failed to create temporary file: C:\Users\�w\AppData\Local\Temp\tundra.7448.12
    tundra: error: failed to create temporary file: C:\Users\�w\AppData\Local\Temp\tundra.7448.7
    tundra: error: failed to create temporary file: C:\Users\�w\AppData\Local\Temp\tundra.7448.5
    tundra: error: failed to create temporary file: C:\Users\�w\AppData\Local\Temp\tundra.7448.3
    tundra: error: failed to create temporary file: C:\Users\�w\AppData\Local\Temp\tundra.7448.0
    tundra: error: failed to create temporary file: C:\Users\�w\AppData\Local\Temp\tundra.7448.15
    tundra: found 0 processes keeping the file "C:\Users\�w\AppData\Local\Temp\tundra.7448.10" open (showing 0).
    tundra: found 0 processes keeping the file "C:\Users\�w\AppData\Local\Temp\tundra.7448.4" open (showing 0).
    tundra: error: (!command_that_just_finished || !was_sharing_violation)

25. radiantboy

radiantboy

Are you sure? I was getting it in Unity 2021.1.12f1 - I will reimport into that and try again but im pretty certain the same crash happens. Unfortunately it will take 2 days to reimport into that. This bug is totally wrecking my life.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
  26. radiantboy

radiantboy

@adriant Still happening:

Unity 2021.1.12f1:

LOG:

0x00007FF7B068602A (Unity) WorldToTile
    0x00007FF7B0680B05 (Unity) NavMeshQuery::MoveAlongSurface
    0x00007FF7B0680984 (Unity) NavMeshQuery::MoveAlongSurface
    0x00007FF7B0669CDC (Unity) PathCorridor::MovePosition
    0x00007FF7B06717A6 (Unity) UpdateMoveJob
    0x00007FF7AF47002C (Unity) JobQueue::Exec
    0x00007FF7AF4702EA (Unity) JobQueue::ExecuteJobFromHighPriorityStack
    0x00007FF7AF470876 (Unity) JobQueue::processJobs
    0x00007FF7AF47289F (Unity) JobQueue::WorkLoop
    0x00007FF7AF62D24E (Unity) Thread::RunThreadWrapper
    0x00007FFEFCE37034 (KERNEL32) BaseThreadInitThunk
    0x00007FFEFE6C2651 (ntdll) RtlUserThreadStart

DMP:

> Unity.exe!WorldToTile(struct NavMeshTile const &,class Vector3f const &) Unknown
    Unity.exe!NavMeshQuery::MoveAlongSurface(unsigned __int64,class Vector3f const &,class Vector3f const &,class QueryFilter const *,class Vector3f *,unsigned __int64 *,int *,int,class NavMeshNodePool *) Unknown
    Unity.exe!NavMeshQuery::MoveAlongSurface(unsigned __int64,class Vector3f const &,class Vector3f const &,class QueryFilter const *,class Vector3f *,unsigned __int64 *,int *,int) Unknown
    Unity.exe!PathCorridor::MovePosition(class Vector3f const &,class NavMeshQuery const *,class QueryFilter const *) Unknown
    Unity.exe!UpdateMoveJob(struct CrowdInfo *,unsigned int) Unknown
    Unity.exe!JobQueue::Exec(struct JobInfo *,__int64,int,bool) Unknown
    Unity.exe!JobQueue::ExecuteJobFromHighPriorityStack(bool) Unknown
    Unity.exe!JobQueue::processJobs(struct JobQueue::ThreadInfo *,void *) Unknown
    Unity.exe!JobQueue::WorkLoop(void *) Unknown
    Unity.exe!Thread::RunThreadWrapper(void *) Unknown
    kernel32.dll!00007ffefce37034() Unknown
    ntdll.dll!00007ffefe6c2651() Unknown

27. radiantboy

radiantboy

Happens consistently, I have a demo coming up for tokyo game show too. I wonder what I can do in the meantime. I also wonder how it's crashing if it has been fixed, unless its a slightly different bug?

Weirdest bit is, I haven't seen this crash in months, then suddenly it's back totally consistently, I thought it was gone forever as I had not seen a crash in so long. It could be that I am getting it more on one scene than another I guess. Its hard to say but I think that is the case, maybe I can keep my demo to just the good scene.

28. adriant

adriant

Unity Technologies

We haven't received any report of any crash happening in
    WorldToTile()
    since 2021.1.5f1 and 2020.3.4f1 (which don't include the fix) and on our side I've added a test that should fail immediately if the code regresses and invalidates the fix, which did not happen ever since. So this might be some new situation that triggers the crash, one that we haven't encountered before.

The initial crash happened when an agent would start to traverse a NavMeshLink or OffmeshLink and the NavMesh at one of its ends would change (due to an obstacle carving, or the NavMesh being updated), but the timing was very important because there had to be a very specific sequence of events that were happening quickly.

When the crash happens again please report a bug for it using the "Crash Reporter" window that Unity pops up automatically. It will attach the logs and you can choose to include or exclude parts of the project. I'm mostly interested in the log and maybe a .dmp file. This way we can track the issue in our ticketing system.

We, of course, welcome any other information about how to reproduce the crash, but I understand that it is difficult to figure out what situation produces it.

29. adriant

adriant

Unity Technologies

Can you, by any chance, roll back to earlier versions of your project and check if the crash happens there as well? (using the same Unity 2021.1.12f1)

30. radiantboy

radiantboy

Hey thanks for reply. I went back to my other city which seems ok. Then I searched for an turned of NavMeshObstacles in my problematic city, there was only one it seems, turning that off seemed to fix it (fingers crossed, managed to run for 3 hours with no death!). So not sure exactly whats happening, maybe the offmesh links clashing with the obstacle. I think it suddenly popped up on me because I moved to the problematic city, I was working on the OK one for months before that. Not sure if any of that helps lol.

31. radiantboy

radiantboy

I can send the log and dmp file, I have them here now actually. Showed them above. The crash reporter isnt an option for me, that has never ever worked, just fails every time. So my theory is the auto generated offmeshlink combined with an obstacle caused it somehow. I dont understand why carve changes anything, doesnt it just carve once ? like why would it do carving again during the game? The obstacle is on a static table. It was always problematic with people leaping over the table thats why I added the obstacle.

32. radiantboy

radiantboy

OK I was wrong, left it going, died within minutes, looks like my chances of making a demo for the tokyo game show are low :-( Unity was playing so nice until I moved to the other scene/city. For a while I started believing unity had fixed all my show stoppers, but I was just lucky I guess.

log, too big to load in any text editor (2.4gig)..

new dmp :

> Unity.exe!winutils::CrashHandler::DefaultSignalHandler(int) Unknown
    Unity.exe!HandleSignal() Unknown
    Unity.exe!_seh_filter_exe() Unknown
    Unity.exe!`__scrt_common_main_seh'::`1'::filt$0() Unknown
    Unity.exe!__C_specific_handler() Unknown
    ntdll.dll!00007ff87a4b217f() Unknown
    ntdll.dll!00007ff87a461454() Unknown
    ntdll.dll!00007ff87a4b0cae() Unknown
    Unity.exe!WorldToTile(struct NavMeshTile const &,class Vector3f const &) Unknown
    Unity.exe!NavMeshQuery::MoveAlongSurface(unsigned __int64,class Vector3f const &,class Vector3f const &,class QueryFilter const *,class Vector3f *,unsigned __int64 *,int *,int,class NavMeshNodePool *) Unknown
    Unity.exe!NavMeshQuery::MoveAlongSurface(unsigned __int64,class Vector3f const &,class Vector3f const &,class QueryFilter const *,class Vector3f *,unsigned __int64 *,int *,int) Unknown
    Unity.exe!PathCorridor::MovePosition(class Vector3f const &,class NavMeshQuery const *,class QueryFilter const *) Unknown
    Unity.exe!JobQueue::WaitForJobGroupID(struct JobGroupID,enum JobQueue::JobQueueWorkStealMode) Unknown
    Unity.exe!CompleteFenceInternal(struct JobFence &,enum WorkStealMode) Unknown
    Unity.exe!CrowdUpdateMultiThreaded(struct ReadonlyCrowdInfo const &,struct UpdateCrowdInfo &,class CrowdManager *,class NavMeshQuery * *,float) Unknown
    Unity.exe!CrowdManager::Update(float,struct CrowdAgentDebugInfo *,int) Unknown
    Unity.exe!NavMeshManager::UpdateCrowdSystem(void) Unknown
    Unity.exe!NavMeshManager::Update(void) Unknown
    Unity.exe!`InitializeNavMeshManager'::`2'::preUpdateAIUpdateRegistrator::Forward() Unknown
    Unity.exe!ExecutePlayerLoop(struct NativePlayerLoopSystem *) Unknown
    Unity.exe!ExecutePlayerLoop(struct NativePlayerLoopSystem *) Unknown
    Unity.exe!PlayerLoop(void) Unknown
    Unity.exe!PlayerLoopController::UpdateScene(bool) Unknown
    Unity.exe!Application::TickTimer(void) Unknown
    Unity.exe!MainMessageLoop() Unknown
    Unity.exe!WinMain() Unknown
    Unity.exe!__scrt_common_main_seh() Unknown
    kernel32.dll!00007ff878607034() Unknown
    ntdll.dll!00007ff87a462651() Unknown

My next experiment is turning of navigation static and offmesh link generation for the table, and all the chairs.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
  33. radiantboy

radiantboy

Same, arggggh... takes only couple of mins to die..

0x00007FF652B0602A (Unity) WorldToTile
    0x00007FF652B00B05 (Unity) NavMeshQuery::MoveAlongSurface
    0x00007FF652B00984 (Unity) NavMeshQuery::MoveAlongSurface
    0x00007FF652AE9CDC (Unity) PathCorridor::MovePosition
    0x00007FF652AF17A6 (Unity) UpdateMoveJob
    0x00007FF6518F002C (Unity) JobQueue::Exec
    0x00007FF6518F02EA (Unity) JobQueue::ExecuteJobFromHighPriorityStack
    0x00007FF6518F0876 (Unity) JobQueue::processJobs
    0x00007FF6518F289F (Unity) JobQueue::WorkLoop
    0x00007FF651AAD24E (Unity) Thread::RunThreadWrapper
    0x00007FF878607034 (KERNEL32) BaseThreadInitThunk
    0x00007FF87A462651 (ntdll) RtlUserThreadStart
    ========== END OF STACKTRACE ===========

dmp

> Unity.exe!WorldToTile(struct NavMeshTile const &,class Vector3f const &) Unknown

34. radiantboy

radiantboy

Will leave it going over night - only pedestrians are on (no staff, gangs, zombies or rooftoppers), will see how it goes. I know this is specific to my own game, but running out of ideas here. Obviously I can remove the problematic level from demo until its fixed. I also need to test the "good" level but im sure I left that going ok for 6 hours.

edit: bang dead again, its almost as if this fix isnt actually in. I mean from an outsiders point of view it clearly isnt, always the same stacktrace (for years now), if you didnt tell me the fix was in id assume no one got around to it yet, identical crash. Curious times. Need to sleep anyway trying to diagnose these black box issues just drives me insane :) Id love to be able to debug properly.

Im going to leave my "good" level on all night and report back, it could well be something weird about this specific level.

35. radiantboy

radiantboy

S***... EVEN MY GOOD LEVEL IS DYING... now I understand why you wanted me to revert to old project, but I cannot understand what the difference would be??? I feel like ive gone form months of heraven BACK to hell of the 2020s, what the hell is going on. Same error on my good level, I am totally screwed. I cant understand whats different, I wish I could pin point when it changed, but it seems mysterious and non logical. I have been adding more navMeshObstacles to stop people running through bin bags etc, could that be it, but in my "bad" level there isnt a single obstacle.... NPCs themselves contain them. Is that it??? im beyond confused, as I say Ive time warped to 6 months ago with no logical explanation, sounds like an episode of Star trek doesnt it :) God knows how my dreams will be tonight, this game has taken over my brain.

36. radiantboy

radiantboy

I will dig out some backups from say a month ago when it didnt happen, but I still cant really see what this will prove. Would be nice to have something concrete of course. Can you explain what it will prove? I guess what I will do is turn off all obstacles, or something. In my tests last year I noted that it would be perfectly stable if the navagents areamask didnt include jump, this might be relevant.
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/area-mask-that-includes-jump-always-crashes.979959/

37. radiantboy

radiantboy

One thing maybe worth nothing is my post here
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/2021-1-0f1-is-awesome.1090012/

Where I claim 2021.1.0f1 is perfectly stable (for over a month), no issues, I think I only upgraded because it took about 15 minutes to complete saving a scene. I can live with that for true stability.

38. adriant

adriant

Unity Technologies

Carving can have some effect if it happens at the moment when the agent tries to move over the link.

I've been running again the projects that I have used for validating the fix.
    One of them is designed to fail quickly and it crashed in 2019.4 but not in 2021.1.13f1 .
    My second project is more exploratory and it acts more randomly. It helped me catch the crash initially. In 2021.1.13f1 it has not crashed even after running for more than 3 hours.
    So the situation leading to the crash might be quite different this time and we need to find a way to reproduce it.

I was asking you about trying an earlier version of the project in order to understand if the crash was surfaced by a change in the game's behaviour, or if it started happening again because of a regression in our code. You have explained that you've been working on a different scene in the last few months, so this is a good explanation of why the crash did now show up during that time.

Can you confirm 100% that you are receiving the crash in the 2021.1.12f1+ editor and not in 2019.4? Please check the title bar or the `About Unity` window. I'm asking this because in very rare situations the Unity Hub can open a project in an editor that has been specified previously even though a new version has been selected. (e.g. it opens the project in 2019.4 even though 2021.1 has been selected)

radiantboy likes this.
  39. radiantboy

radiantboy

Hey, definitely happens in 2021.1.12f1+ (im upgrading to f13 right now actually) I dont know about 2019.4, I will need to degrade project and test it on that one. But I will let you know as soon as I have done.

40. adriant

adriant

Unity Technologies

I'm only interested in 2021.1.12f1+ since 2019.4 does not have the initial fix yet.

41. radiantboy

radiantboy

Well it definitely happens, maybe I should send u my project?

42. CodeBird

CodeBird

Hello everybody,
    I had the same issue with
    WorldToTile
    today as well on Unity 2021.1.13f1, twice. What seems to have fixed it for me was cleaning and then re-generating the NavMesh. My NavMesh was generated before I upgraded my project to Unity 2021, maybe it was faulty. I do not know for sure if my issue is resolved or if it will return later.

radiantboy likes this.
  43. radiantboy

radiantboy

For me it doesnt help, the only thing that does is turning off "jump" in the navagent areamask, that is a temporary fix of course I need jump.

44. radiantboy

radiantboy

This appears to be fixed (using 2021.2.16f1). Just got around to turning jump area mask back on after like 2 years :) Almost forgot about this feature altogether. Good work @adriant