Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

“Win32Exception” while building the apk

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Dhaval1992, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Dhaval1992

Dhaval1992

Win32Exception: ApplicationName='D:\SDK's\android-sdk-windows\build-tools\23.0.2\aapt.exe' CommandLine='package --auto-add-overlay -v -f -m -J gen -M AndroidManifest.xml -S "res" -I

I am getting this error when i am trying to build the apk in my office PC.

I am using unity 5.4.2 and JDK 1.7

Can anyone please help in this..?

I tired of this thing, can't solve this error. I tried to find solution on google also, but none of solution worked for me as of now.

Any help will be appropriated.

Thank You.

2. Billy4184

Billy4184

It would seem your project is looking for aapt.exe at this location, and cannot find it?

3. Dhaval1992

Dhaval1992

Hi Billy,

Thanks for quick reply. I already check that and the "aapt.exe" is there inside the specified path.
    You want me to put the whole error here?

4. Billy4184

Billy4184

5. Dhaval1992

Dhaval1992

I already tried this solution yesterday itself, but didn't worked for me.

6. Billy4184

Billy4184

Definitely, post the whole error, including especially the stderr part.

7. Dhaval1992

Dhaval1992

Sure here it is:

Win32Exception: ApplicationName='D:\SDK's\android-sdk-windows\build-tools\23.0.2\aapt.exe', CommandLine='package --auto-add-overlay -v -f -m -J gen -M AndroidManifest.xml -S "res" -I "D:/SDK's/android-sdk-windows\platforms\android-25\android.jar" -F bin/resources.ap_ --extra-packages com.google.vr.cardboard:vr.gvr.platform.unity -S "D:\Projects\VR\360Imags\VR_Walk_17_4_2017_2\VR_Walk\Temp\StagingArea\android-libraries\cardboard_android_common\res" -S "D:\Projects\VR\360Imags\VR_Walk_17_4_2017_2\VR_Walk\Temp\StagingArea\android-libraries\unityvractivity\res"', CurrentDirectory='Temp/StagingArea'
    System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_noshell (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process)
    System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_common (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process)
    System.Diagnostics.Process.Start ()
    (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Diagnostics.Process:Start ()
    UnityEditor.Utils.Program.Start () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Utils/Program.cs:33)
    UnityEditor.Android.Command.Run (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo psi, UnityEditor.Android.WaitingForProcessToExit waitingForProcessToExit, System.String errorMsg)
    UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.Tasks.TasksCommon.Exec (System.String command, System.String args, System.String workingdir, System.String errorMsg, Int32 retiresOnFailure)
    UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.Tasks.BuildResources.CompileResources (UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.PostProcessorContext context)
    UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.Tasks.BuildResources.Execute (UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.PostProcessorContext context)
    UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.PostProcessRunner.RunAllTasks (UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessor.PostProcessorContext context)
    UnityEditor.Android.PostProcessAndroidPlayer.PostProcess (BuildTarget target, System.String stagingAreaData, System.String stagingArea, System.String playerPackage, System.String installPath, System.String companyName, System.String productName, BuildOptions options, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry usedClassRegistry)
    UnityEditor.Android.AndroidBuildPostprocessor.PostProcess (BuildPostProcessArgs args)
    UnityEditor.PostprocessBuildPlayer.Postprocess (BuildTarget target, System.String installPath, System.String companyName, System.String productName, Int32 width, Int32 height, System.String downloadWebplayerUrl, System.String manualDownloadWebplayerUrl, BuildOptions options, UnityEditor.RuntimeClassRegistry usedClassRegistry, UnityEditor.BuildReporting.BuildReport report) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/BuildPipeline/PostprocessBuildPlayer.cs:176)
    UnityEditor.HostView:OnGUI()

Its is getting build properly in another PC.
    This issue only in my PC.
    Not only in this project. In other projects also i am getting same error.

8. Billy4184

Billy4184

Sure that apostrophe in the path name "...SDK's..." is correct?

Other than that, all I can suggest is to delete and reinstall the android SDK.

9. Dhaval1992

Dhaval1992

Ya..it's confirmed that the problem is in the SDK or in my system.
    So i am going to redownload and reinstall the SDK and will keep it for update tonight and then i will test it tomorrow.
    Will give you the update by tomorrow.

Thank You,

10. Dhaval1992

Dhaval1992

Hi,

I finally solved the problem.
    It was my with system. I formatted my system and i installed unity it again, and i build the apk using same Android SDK.

Thanks for your Time and Support.

Billy4184 likes this.
  11. karansethi1595

karansethi1595

I had the same problem replacing sdk files and deleting temp, library, obj folders worked for me.