Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Why the reduction in quality on WebGL?

Discussion in 'Web' started by JoeStrout, Aug 17, 2019.

1. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

I have Mini Micro running both on desktop and as WebGL. On desktop (Mac) it looks like this:

But on WebGL, the same content looks like this:

upload_2019-8-17_13-39-15.png

It's a little hard to see with the in-line reduced images above, but the WebGL version is just a bit pixelated.

My Quality settings are the same for all platforms. "Default Canvas Size" in the WebGL player settings is the same as my desktop window size. The image is includes both a sprite (the player character) and a custom tiling system composed of a dynamic mesh (the environment), and the same issue is seen on both.

Is there some simple setting I'm missing that's causing WebGL to come out pixelated?

2. Grizmu

Grizmu

@JoeStrout
    This might be related.
    Thanks to this post I've found out about and checked your virtual computer, and it looks great! I've worked on an arcade game simulation in my last project, but it has nothing on your Mini Micro.

JoeStrout likes this.