Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Why animations are Read-Only in animation windows!

Discussion in 'Animation' started by ksam2, Jun 3, 2015.

1. ksam2

ksam2

Hi guy, I'm new to unity animation windows. I need to edit one of my animation a little but I mentioned I can't do that because all of my animations are Read-Only! what does it means? how can I solve that?
    Please help me thanks.

2. Kellyrayj

Kellyrayj

I agree it would be awesome to edit the animations from within Unity. What's stopping you from opening the character model with the animations in the 3D modeling program it was created in?

My workflow for editing a model after I've imported it into unity is to open it from the inspector panel, make my changes in the 3D software it was created it, re-save and all is well.

ksam2 likes this.
  3. Mecanim-Dev

Mecanim-Dev

They are read-only because they are imported. Reimporting the same file would erase any change you would have done.

You can duplicate animation clip if you need to modify them, Select one animation clip and press CTRL+D

4. mdYeet

mdYeet

This could be marked as solved as this is still the only solution to remove read only on imported clips.

t makes sense though, the animation array attached to imported models would be refreshed anytime that model with animations is reimported.