Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Why am I only seeing test ads?

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by nebosite, Dec 1, 2018.

1. nebosite

nebosite

I have some full-screen video ads set up for my app. The ads appear to work fine, but I never see "real" ads. When run from the editor, I see the mock ad with the button, and when I run from iOS TestFlight or from Google beta test, I only see that janky unity ad for "Test game". This does not inspire me with confidence that my full release will have real ads. Is this normal? Do I need to set something up? I've already set up my two accounts on the unity ads manager side and I've selected my placements and ad types.

2. MicheleKrueger

MicheleKrueger

You need to:
    - Initialize your Advertisement.Initialize with testMode false
    - Go to the window - services -> Ads -> Test mode false
    - Go to the unity backend under "Monetization" / "Platform" and there you click on Apple, but not on the button to add your game, you click on the entire row where it says apple and it gets you to the platform settings ( I know... )
    There you can override the testmode to be completely sure it is off.

nebosite likes this.