Search Unity

while custom package need a link.xml.

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by wang37921, Aug 14, 2019.

1. wang37921

wang37921

If a custom package need a link.xml, it support now? where put it?
    Unity will merge all the link.xml?

2. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

Unity does not support link.xml files in packages. You can find full details about managed code stripping and link.xml files in the Unity manual here: https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/ManagedCodeStripping.html

Can you elaborate on the need for a link.xml file in a package? Are you the author of a package that needs a link.xml file?

3. wang37921

wang37921

Thanks,
    My custom package using a json framework, so i want convert the exist json to a upm.(more than one package need it.)
    the exist json framework just a dll, so i thought could i wrap it into a upm: https://github.com/mapotofu-fun/Json
    while i read the json framework, it says need a link.xml, so i post this thread.

4. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

It looks like that JSON code normally requires the user put a link.xml file in their project. I think the same will be true of this library when it is shipped as a package then.

5. wang37921

wang37921

hum... it's a solution..
    but i think keep self-integrity will be better. otherwise, i need keep the tips in README.
    maybe merge link.xml, gizmos...and other special folder and files is more intuition.
    personal option, if could be accept. it's very cool.

6. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

I agree, the current situation is not great. We're still working out the best way to handle cases like this.