Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Multiplayer Where are UNET relay servers located ?

Discussion in 'Connected Games' started by EDevJogos, Dec 6, 2016.

1. EDevJogos

EDevJogos

Where are UNET relay servers located ? most important, is there one in Brasil ?

If not, how much it would affect my game performance having to connect through a relay server in other country?

Thanks.

2. shadiradio

shadiradio

There's 3 at the moment (U.S., Europe, and Asia), and you can connect to them specifically if you want:
    https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Networking.NetworkManager-matchHost.html

From my experiences so far, all the relay servers introduce a really high level of latency, even with players in the same country. It is slower for me to play with another player (both in the U.S.) through a U.S. Unet relay server, than it is for me to play from U.S. to Germany over direct IP. I have a simple top-down bomberman-style game, and I can't imagine the performance working out for *any* other real time game with much more data and accuracy (FPS). I don't know what to do about it.

EDevJogos likes this.
unityunity