Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

When I import a .fbx from C4D to Unity it has a Cinema4DEditor element, do I need this?

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by SallyAnn, Oct 12, 2019.

1. SallyAnn

SallyAnn

Dear Community, When I import a .fbx from C4D to Unity it has a Cinema4DEditor element, do I need this? What is it for? Can I delete it form the prefab, I seem to have lots of cameras un my unity scene because of that? Thank you!

2. ceend

ceend

Hi,
    use the "export only selected" fbx command in c4d if you do not want to have unnecessary stuff coming into Unity. I do not know what a Cinema4DEditor element is and never encountered it in 15 years C4D so far. Do you have a screenshot from C4D object manager and Unity object manager?

Cheers

SallyAnn likes this.
  3. SallyAnn

SallyAnn

Thanks, here it is in the Hierarchy Panel, I think like you said it was an export to FBX problem, maybe because I had camera selected? Anyway I redid my exports and turned off nearly everything. Is it better to highlight the piece of the 3d model and export only selected as you suggested, is that normal workflow when preparing FBX files?

Attached Files:

4. pjdesrosier

pjdesrosier

Hi there! I came across your question when I encountered the same issue myself. I found that even though I had no camera in my scene, in the fbx exporter, "Cameras" was checked, and so C4D was creating one when it exported. I unchecked it, and boom, no more random camera created in the in the scene named "Cinema_4D_Editor."

SallyAnn likes this.