Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

What's the ETA on being able to animate ECS entities?

Discussion in 'Animation Previews' started by Abbrew, Jun 26, 2020.

1. Abbrew

Abbrew

Right now it seems that all the new Animation features only work with GameObjects. When will there be ECS versions of those features?

Egad_McDad, NotaNaN and marcaurelio74 like this.
  2. ans_unity

ans_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi Abbrew,
    Yes, we are working on animation for ECS entities as we speak. It's difficult to come up with a precise date for when it will be released, we are still in the experimental phase so things are evolving rapidly. If you are interested to have a look at the latest experimental public release, we shared the Unity.Animation.Samples at Unite 2019.
    Expect more news early 2021.
    Cheers!

optimise, NotaNaN and Abbrew like this.
  3. optimise

optimise

What's the ETA of next experimental Unity.Animation.Samples updates and ETA of experimental URP support?

cdm456852 likes this.
  4. cdm456852

cdm456852

I want to ask the same question. Because It is been too long since the last time release. We know that package is not perfect, maybe even have some bug, but we would like to try it. And URP support is very important.

5. thelebaron

thelebaron

Could we get updated samples to go with package updates or at least every other package update or something similar?

Ive been using entities for some time and while it hasn't been easy(and I didn't expect learning it to be) what has made things more digestible was samples that were updated in lock step with package updates. Similarly with physics. I feel like theres been really amazing feedback between devs and users for some of the other packages, but its hard to get to this stage without up to date samples.

elJoel likes this.
  6. TheOtherMonarch

TheOtherMonarch

Will dots animation be deterministic? Will we be able to rely on it always moving around hitboxes deterministically?

7. kite3h

kite3h

Why DOTS Animation Aim Constraint does not have Up Vector?

8. MarcelArioli

MarcelArioli

I would love to hear some news on a new package version that is compatible with 2021.2. That would make my day.

awesomedata likes this.
  9. awesomedata

awesomedata

Curious what's the state of animation, now that DOTS has been delayed? -- It's definitely _late_ 2021 now.

10. Vacummus

Vacummus

They posted an update 4 months ago in the Animation thread: https://forum.unity.com/threads/animation-status-update-q2-2021.1125482/

They are currently focused on advancing DOTS animation. I wouldn't expect any news on this until the end of the year at the earliest. But I am super excited to see what they got cooking internally.

11. awesomedata

awesomedata

Just wanted to point this out to the Kinematica / ECS teams for DOTS animation: