Search Unity

What would you like to see on the Unity Asset Store?

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by caitlyn, Mar 18, 2011.

?

Which assets would you like to see on the Unity Asset Store?

1. Art Packages - Mobile/Web

23.5%
  2. Art Packages - Desktop

35.2%
  3. Complete Projects - Mobile/Web

18.3%
  4. Complete Projects - Desktop

23.3%
  5. Scripts/Script Packages

45.6%
  6. Extensions

36.8%
  7. Shaders

28.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

Yes sure, here is an example in circled area

Attached Files:

2. haomin1

haomin1

Unity Technologies

Thanks bring this up again. Will look into this.

3. haomin1

haomin1

Unity Technologies

Looking forward to have your feedback on the new my assets page.

4. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

The asset page has been greatly improved! Finally. I can honestly say that it is now leaps and bounds above the original one. Great work!

Willbkool_FPCS likes this.
  5. mgear

mgear

would be nice if 3d model packages were required to include wireframe screenshot, to quickly see if they are too high poly looking.. (just now browsing for some 3d plants, many packages doesnt even list polycount in the description)

Willbkool_FPCS and Ne0mega like this.
  6. Runemark

Runemark

Hi mgear, I totally feel you. Thankfully, Sketchfab embeds are a great way to preview the models. Their viewer is a gift from heaven. You can pre-view topology, texture maps (if the publisher enabled it), heck even normal orientation and animations. It is lightweight compared to a webplayer or a built demo. When publishing an asset with 3D content I try to upload as many models as possible and put them together in a collection, so they don't take up space. I see that many publishers are using Sketchfab embeds but I'm not sure that users are aware to those settings. Any idea on that? Should I put a "post-it" in the asset description?

Downsides: I hear that Sketchfab viewer is terrible on mobile and takes sometimes long time to load, especially 4k textures and heavy post-process. Models can look very different from what they will look in Unity. Previewing whole scenes with lights, animations etc. or landscapes is very limited, and for whole environments, the standalone demo is still a better choice in my opinion.

7. Leniaal

Leniaal

I'd like to see the option for asset creators to upload different packages for all default pipelines, so when I'm getting an asset for my HDRP project I only have to download the HDRP variant instead of a HDRP package in the standard package.

Asifno13 likes this.
  8. bloodwolftico

bloodwolftico

I'd like to be able to label items on my Wishlist, so I can sort through them before making a decision.

eelstork likes this.
  9. timmynator

timmynator

I want to see complete projects like TV shows Wheaiers Dealers on Discovery, Pimp my ride on MTV and clone of the games Tanks 1945 on Dendy, Friday 13th on PC

10. eelstork

eelstork

I wonder what everybody uses for prototyping with simple characters and animations; thinking of something along the lines of hyper stylized (down to 50~500 tris) characters with basic procedural animation and emotes, vocationally dedicated ( :D ) to being, remaining and readily identifying as, placeholders.

I appreciate that the asset store is a gold mine for prototyping games. As in when somebody have enough of a plan, and intended art style, that spending ~$25-$500 for assets in that direction even makes sense (and like many others, I have a little zoo of that in my bucket - prop animations, animals, characters, etc... etc...). So this isn't what's on my mind.

More like, finding it a problem when trying to demo or even just test code assets, as far as testing is concerned Mecanim gets in the way of sorting many things quickly (fixable too, but yet another issue), not to mention the more baked animations I have, the more I seem not to find just what I need when I need it.

And as far as demoing assets is involved, seems to me that the EULA would forbid republishing even free assets?

11. OlliIllustrator

OlliIllustrator

Funny, the questionaire misses the thing I am looking for most:
    High Quality humanoid Mocap animations:) There is really not exactly an abundance available in the whole wide web.
    Kubold animations are the best so far. But they are focussed on Shooter games and RPG. I would be interested a lot in all sorts of normal people Mocaps in good quality with cleaned rotational errors and feet slipping.

Runemark and eelstork like this.