Search Unity

Question What is check.unity.cn doing? Can we disable this request from Unity?

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by GiverDP, Apr 1, 2022.

1. GiverDP

GiverDP

We found out there is a request from check.unity.cn, what is this about? Can we disable it?

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

3. GiverDP

GiverDP

Thanks for your replying! Jeff!

I have one more question, there is third party platform which checks if Unity is collecting sensitive data before user agree with the privacy policy.

This check.unity.cn API the third party platform identify it's trying to collect device information, also there is also some services/functionality collecting android_id before when Unity initialize.

So we are wondering how we can disable/stop Unity to collect this kind of data when it's initialize. Is there anything we can do?

4. GiverDP

GiverDP

One more question, with Unity version end with f1 or f1c1, is there any difference for it? Like f1 will not do the check.unity.cn API request?

5. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

@GiverDP Upon further investigation, that does not look like the PIPL check. Can you test with a new/empty project with no services enabled? If you don't enable any online services, then you should have no network requests being sent. Also, where are you seeing this request? Are you testing on an iOS or Android device, using Charles Proxy?

6. GiverDP

GiverDP

I also think it's not PIPL check, but I don't know what it is. Because the stack trace shows it's from UnityPlayerActivity. I was testing on Android device. I use Charles Proxy to check the request.

7. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

What online services are you using? Please share the Charles Proxy .chls in a private message and I'll take a look.

8. GiverDP

GiverDP

Analytics and Remote Config, only when I manually disable the UnityConnectSettings, it will not collect android_id. I'm wondering what is trying to collect android_id. Do you have any idea?

9. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Sorry I do not. Please share your Charles capture.

10. GiverDP

GiverDP

Where is this coming from? I didn't find it.

11. GiverDP

GiverDP

12. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

13. GiverDP

GiverDP

I post a screenshot above, I'm asking about the Events and ConsentCheckException class. Where are they coming from?

14. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Sorry I don't follow. This looks like code you've added that is used in the Analytics beta. The topic of this thread is referring to check.unity.cn but is not called from Analytics. Can you use the same troubleshooting technique as mentioned in your last thread that I linked to above? If you have a new question regarding the classes, please open a new thread.

15. GiverDP

GiverDP

Because you posted that link to me, so I checked it. :(

upload_2022-4-8_13-53-26.png

16. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

So you know where the class is coming from in that case? Sorry if I'm not quite following. And in my next message, I confirmed with the team here and mentioned previously that the request to check.unity.cn does not come from the PIPL consent flow. I received your Charles capture. As you can see from inspecting the file, there are no requests to check.unity.cn in the capture.

17. AzkabanProfessor

AzkabanProfessor

I have the same trouble,when I start up app , app will connect check.unity.cn. How can I stop it?

18. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Same advice above applies. Compare to a new/empty project. Otherwise please provide your Charles capture. What country are you testing in?

19. peterzy_u3d

peterzy_u3d

Hi, Jeff,there is following fetch result by Charles tool:

upload_2023-2-27_12-20-4.png

How to disable it ?

20. azhu0511

azhu0511

I have the same issue too. test in china.
    unity version is 2021.3.20f1c1. seems nowhere can stop it.

Last edited: May 12, 2023