Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

What if there is an IQ limit on being a great game developer?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Arowx, Aug 24, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arowx

Arowx

What if IQ is not a big factor in groups as found in this article -> The Science Behind Team Intelligence (fastcompany.com)
    Or you can remove the highest IQ members as long as you replace them with women.

2. Ryiah

Ryiah

Fixed that for you. IQ is a measurement of one aspect of intelligence: pattern recognition. Just being able to find patterns though doesn't mean you're intelligent and the easiest way to prove that is to look at AI. Below is one search result of many for how AI is capable of scoring above humans while still making dumb mistakes.

https://www.science.org/content/art...l-make-dumb-mistakes-can-different-tests-help

3. BIGTIMEMASTER

BIGTIMEMASTER

while i agree that the insults aren't warranted, i think provoking others and then ignoring responses is what you'd call troll behavior, isn't it?

No, I don't think arowx is a troll or has bad intentions, just a character, and characters are what make things interesting.

4. xjjon

xjjon

First you should define what is the criteria on being a "great game developer"

Review score? Copies sold? Longevity? etc

5. Kreshi

Kreshi

Probably overall success and popularity in the community or something like this i guess :D

6. Murgilod

Murgilod

Honestly at this point maybe it would be best if Arowx wasn't allowed to make threads in General Discussion

JoNax97 likes this.
  7. Kreshi

Kreshi

Take it easy guys. Having different options is a good thing :D:)

DragonCoder likes this.
  8. Murgilod

Murgilod

This isn't a matter of opinion, this is literally just Arowx posting yet another thread with concepts that have been repeatedly rebuked because he does not understand then and refuses to actually learn about them. I'm pretty sure he's even posted other threads about IQ before where we've gone through these same arguments.

zombiegorilla likes this.
  9. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

Off-topic. Also it is garbage, ironic and painfully ignorant.
    Closed for obvious reasons.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.