Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

What Are You Working On

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by cupsster, Dec 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fivearchers

fivearchers

Currently messing around with the beginnings of a Magic Carpet clone, so far I can deform the terrain in realtime and float around:

(Windows Build - WASD to acclerate, mouse look, LMB to lower terrain under you and RMB to raise terrain under you, "i" will reset the terrain)

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  2. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

I got to working on the movement algorithm for the units - it's at a VERY basic level right now, not nearly ready for demo work.

I also updated the UI slightly. I'm trying to reclaim some of my screen real-estate, for some other GUI elements I'm soon to be adding, like a quick-selection pallete for created units.

I haven't decided if I want there to be a minimap or not, given how there's no fog of war.

Attached Files:

3. fivearchers

fivearchers

I like your unit design!

4. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

Thanks, but don't congratulate me yet - the Fungus haven't had their say.

5. Ar-Con

Ar-Con

My first try at normal mapping a weapon. It could be much better but it's still not too bad for a first time.

6. Farfarer

Farfarer

That's looking pretty clean for a first try. Nice work :D

7. bronxae

bronxae

A third person shooter called Darkhounds, game is finally starting to come together, got most of the character models done, will be a simple level based game with over the shoulder camera view,.....cause that requires no script, just camera being parented to controller lol. Models are simple quality with simple textures because its my first attempt at a decent game, im hoping the game play will make up for lack of awsome graphic quality, srry im no artist.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2011
  8. HolBol

HolBol

Hey soz for the plug, but do you by any chance need a logo designed? If so, just PM me, and I'll give you a small quote. Only if you want to!

9. bronxae

bronxae

ty for the offer Fishman, the game is still very much in early development (im just starting on first area of first level now), im not sure about logos or anything of the advertisment nature just yet because alot of what is current might change and i'd hate for Darkhounds to end up as an other one of those games folks get excited about and end up being nothing like what they thought.

And on that note everyone please feal free to follow on my "an other shooter" post as i will try to keep it updated with anything new i add to the game, its my first attempt so i need as much input as possible. lol

10. BrendanKZN

BrendanKZN

Got my stickman all set for animations and implementation into my latest 2D/2.5D project. Feels good accomplishing something. Now to get started on terrain for testing :)

11. CharlieSamways

CharlieSamways

Just submitted my first app to the appstore! will be updating here when its released :D so yall can buy it ;)

Thank you to Varedis for programming @unseen studios
    and Simon Roof @molecube for the free music!

12. UnknownProfile

UnknownProfile

Care to share with us a few free codes? :p

Just kidding. you deserve all the revenue you get. Where did you finally end up getting your Mac, by the way?

13. CharlieSamways

CharlieSamways

I still don't have one *sad face* Unseen is porting it.

And thanks, I won't begiving any promos away here :L they will all be going to review sites im afraid ^_^, but for 59p you cant complain ;)

14. PolyMad

PolyMad

I don't see so much response in the official thread so I thought I'd give it a go also here... after all, we are hardly working on it :D
    We are near to completion of our second product, RYNTH. You can check the webplayer here.

We are waiting response, especially for the Android version!

15. CharlieSamways

CharlieSamways

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  16. UnknownProfile

UnknownProfile

Or 99¢ :D

17. CharlieSamways

CharlieSamways

yeah, I typo'd anyway :) 69p/99c

18. UnknownProfile

UnknownProfile

Or 77¥ :p

19. xxxDjdogxxx

xxxDjdogxxx

Just playing around for fun in my free time.
    $Project.JPG

20. teaktoc

teaktoc

If you are looking for employment to continue this with a specific focus on an interactive, scenario-based RPG virtual learning environment, please contact me. Your concept is sound.

21. ivanzu

ivanzu

Working on a character for asset store currently modeling the head about 75-80% done.The character will have hair so its baldness is not permanent .
    Right now it has approx. 700 Polys the finished product will have around 1500-2500polys(7500 Verts).

Head Finished!
    Now I just need to do some sketches for the cloths and body.
    $head-wip80%.png

22. Rush-Rage-Games

Rush-Rage-Games

Good work on the polys, it looks great!

23. tchpowdog

tchpowdog

Tennis game. Please critique the visuals so far, I KNOW they could be better because I don't like them lol what can I do to make the fence and net look better?? When I change the fence texture to transparent-cutout-diffuse i get shadows of it but the texture looks like crap... mipmapping makes them disappear....
    $Untitled2.png

24. Rush-Rage-Games

Rush-Rage-Games

Hmm, maybe make it into a stadium like this:

25. tchpowdog

tchpowdog

lol yeah that was my plans but i'm still toying with Unity a little and I wanted to know how to fix that, especially the net, any ideas?

26. sybixsus2

sybixsus2

Assuming that creating an enormous stadium is a bit more work than you had planned, you could try adjusting the mipmap bias. To my eye, Unity's default mipmap settings are rather low/high (depending on how you view it.)

27. tchpowdog

tchpowdog

what exactly does the bias change?? i played with the other settings but not the "bias" setting

Also, will changing the texture format help any? i.e. RGB 24bit, RGB 32bit

28. JelleHusson

JelleHusson

Nice and clean mesh, ivanzu!

I think I'm pretty much done with texturing my robot-dog.
    Now on to rigging!

29. McDev02

McDev02

Increasing the alpha bias is alright, this extends the distance when a lower resolution of your texture will be used.
    I suggest you to thicken up the wires on the texture a bit, this will reduce the mipmap artifacts, too. Useing the cutout shader gives you some advantages like haveing shadows and the transparent edges are very crisp. You may have to adjust the shaders settings.

The textur format is ok, you need 32bit because this contains the alpha channel which defines the transparency of your wire.

30. ivanzu

ivanzu

Awesome work and thanks.

31. disturbing

disturbing

32. Rush-Rage-Games

Rush-Rage-Games

33. EISOBAX

EISOBAX

34. Schlumpfsack

Schlumpfsack

to be honest...the topology isn't really good. work on it a bit...but nice start :)

35. ivanzu

ivanzu

Depends on what app I'm working on,with blender its pretty hard,every artist has its way of doing topology,mine is like this and yes it could improve but its hard with blender.

EDIT
    And on that image it looks like its topology of a mesh with turbo smooth or subdivision modifier applied .

36. janpec

janpec

I do have to agree that topology could be better. Ivanzu you have all polygons sorted in linear way, while head topology should be circular on basicaly every form. From every verticle you start on head, you should be able to follow semi-circular line on any way you are going, this is how head topology should be contructed.

(this isnt anywhere near perfect topology, but its ok to show curve)

37. ivanzu

ivanzu

Yeah i know the problem is around the cheeks but its hard to fix without making lots of tris.

38. ivanzu

ivanzu

I think its pretty much fixed now I probably could make more loops but i don't want to spend too much polys on face.And face isn't going to be animated so i don't think that topo needs to be perfect.
    $Bez hghghg.png

39. ivanzu

ivanzu

I think I got the topology right now accordingly to this image.

40. Farfarer

Farfarer

Not really. You want a loop around the mouth, a loop around each eye, a loop that goes across the bridge of the nose and follows down meeting beneath the mouth loop.

The loops should roughly follow the muscles of the face.

You want to avoid that strange loop termination you have on the cheek. That'll deform problematically.

41. AndrewGrayGames

AndrewGrayGames

So, I've been running through my design (yes, I am actually designing this game.) While pondering all the possible ways of implementing micro-level customization (as in, customization for individual units during a game), I realized that this was a prime reason/opportunity to add another structure to the game, and the design for both sides.

Enter the Droids' Tech Center, or the Fungus' Metaspore.

By getting close enough, units can be assigned an upgrade. All units start with the ability to choose one upgrade upon creation; as the unit stays alive, they gain the ability to take more, and better upgrades. In other words: keep your units alive!

While the GUI for the Tech Center/Metaspore hasn't been designed, I do have a screenshot of the Tech Center. I can probably improve it; I didn't use nearly as many polygons as I did for the Droid's Factory. Also note, Tech Centers have a different color of reticule from everything else.

Attached Files:

42. marcos

marcos

Figured I'd throw in some examples of my topology.

My base female topology. Edge loops follow underlying structure and musculature of the face, which helps for a more natural looking facial animation. By personal preference I have more loops around the eyes, removing some of these wouldn't damage the silhouette at all though. I also try to make sure all of the quads are relatively square shaped:

A resulting sculpt:

Ideally topology would be slightly different for a male character, but using the same female base mesh you can still make a male character:

43. hellcaller

hellcaller

44. NomadKing

NomadKing

Try turning the mip maping off and the Aniso level on the texture import up :)

45. NomadKing

NomadKing

46. fivearchers

fivearchers

I'm working on a Magic Carpet clone (After a long gap of endless fiddling in ZBrush, Dark Souls, and Skyrim, I'm finally working on something again!) [1] Screenshots
    So far i have a decent hovering script, used on the player and the first roughin mob - those dragon worm things. It just tries to follow the player and spray (so far harmless) fire at them.
    I have a good start on the terrain deformation - I have a queue system that can handle multiple deformations over time. Now I need to work smoothing out the transition more, and then adding various patterns (shaped craters etc).
    I'm using Unity and Unity's terrain system. I don't think I'll attempt to make castles and such out of the terrain, instead the terrain will change to accomodate the general shape of the castle and a poly object will go on top.
    [2] Here's a link to a trial windows build - so far you can move around with WASD, shot raising/lowering projectiles (RMB/LMB) - i to reset the terrain (this may drop you below the world) - escape to quit

47. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Here is some new stuff that I put together last night... gotta love Zbrush for this. This model is going to be geared toward a game, and the end result is a model that has some insane detail and it looks like something you would see in a next gen game. (also been playing a lot of Skyrim too while I've been infirm :( ). The hands and face are the next things I am going to work on as I need two versions of the hands and face that have to share the same rig...

Anyway, I would love your feedback as I progress... thanks a bunch. $Xavier Primary Render.jpg $BPR Render.jpg

Attached Files:

48. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

His hands seem awkwardly small, or something. It just doesn't seem right.

49. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

It is a work in progress... I have them roughed in for now while I design the clothes... :)

50. janpec

janpec

@Marcos perfect topology:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.