Search Unity

Games VR wave shooting game - Next best-seller?

Discussion in 'Projects In Progress' started by JiriCapek, Feb 20, 2023.

1. JiriCapek

JiriCapek

Hi, I'm currently developing a new VR game called Shoot Point. It's designed to provide players with an exciting arcade experience, combined with a synthwave vibe. With the added feature of a "realistic laser shooting feel", you'll be able to immerse yourself in a world of shooting objects down, while following a captivating storyline that takes you through various levels. Check out the video below!

You'll also be able to challenge your friends to see who can achieve the highest score, with the possibility of even competing on a global scoreboard.

This is just a proof of concept, as the final game will transport you into a new and unique concept world. I'm currently looking for a Level Design Superstar, who can create awesome and captivating scenes. If you think you have what it takes, feel free to reach out to me.

2. EdwardThompson

EdwardThompson

I like this game.

3. vintage-retro-indie_78

vintage-retro-indie_78

this looks amazing, the only thing is perhaps that the yellow-blue looks a bit like a certain flag atm, and could be seen as either supporting that side, or ' gunning ' down people from that place, though it looks more to be just colors, or something like ( Ukraine's flag == blue // yellow ), and not sure it's a form of commentary, and accident, or perhaps stuff over early design, or prototype stuff . . .

my advice to avoid it, make the cubes more than one color, for instance make a central line, checker pattern, and perhaps mix it up, anyway for me that's a reason not to buy the game, however the low - fi visual appeal is perhaps the reason, for lack of a word it could at least look like a title over ' gunning ' down hapless people in a video - game, perhaps just think about that as it could divide fans, and perhaps also affect sales, or could affect the early statistics over say the algorithm on Steam, etc etc . . .

it looks really nice, think the aestethics are really nice, it reminds of the 1980's, or early 1990's, and also a recent youtube channel found that makes retro - vibe music . . . .

upload_2023-3-23_17-5-42.png

it's called ' NewRetroWave ' on youtube, not sure you at least enjoy some of the music, or could get a few new ideas, here's the point, it's an amazing idea, it's also perhaps original, and could do quite well as a surprise - hit // indie classic perhaps, however the current graphics over by-chance social commentary could divide the fan - base, and it's perhaps something to think about, or change the pattern, or shape of the geometry so it looked bit less ' political ', anyway that's what thought of when saw the game, and then that it was both an amazing idea, and could be a surprise indie - hit . . . .

good luck, and think it deserves to be a hit, also financially, the #problem is more that it could be seen as divisive, and that might then hurt sales, perhaps something to think about . . . .

4. JiriCapek

JiriCapek

Hi, thank your for your time to give such a feedback. I really appreciate it.

This is really a prototyping. Cubes will be different. Supporting war is really not an issue :D however good point certainly.

I am glad that you like synthwave, 80/90s and that you think that is good approach to make sales. That is what I am onto.

I want to, besides music, integrate things like arcade machines, Radio player, maybe Lamborghini Countach or so :D

I did some progress on this game and I am finishing prototyping. Now I want to put it all together and get to a design Landspace such as kind of dystopian, scifi concept art with synthwave vibes etc.

ll be sure to keep updating this thread so everyone who's interested can stay in the loop.

Thanks once again!