Search Unity

Looking For Contributor [Graphics Level Designer WANTED] best-selling VR Shoot Point Game

Discussion in 'Non Commercial Collaboration' started by JiriCapek, Feb 18, 2023.

1. JiriCapek

JiriCapek

Hey everyone!

I'm currently working on an exciting new Arcade VR game, which is a wave shooter with plenty to offer in VR stores. If you're familiar with the game "First Steps" on the Quest 2, you may notice some similarities with a mini shooter game that's part of it.

The VR world isn't saturated with this kind of entry-level game, so I'm creating one with the intention of making sales or getting acquired by big companies like Meta or Bytedance (pico xr).

WHAT'S THE GAME ABOUT AND WHY SHOULD YOU BE INTERESTED?
    The game is called Shoot Point and it's about a Space Explorer who travels to different realms to find sources of energy. As a player, you visit multiple locations, and your mission is to shoot down objects such cubes that appear in front of you to gain as many points as possible. The game is static, meaning you can only move around in your immediate area. So no dizzy feelings.

One of the world in the game, which has a rocky canyon-style, contains ten levels with moving objects that need to be shot down. You can see the basics of the game mechanics in the video below. Shoot Point combines arcade elements with Synthwave chill music.

It's worth mentioning that Shoot Point isn't just one game - it's designed to be scalable, and it's easy to create new game editions. We could have editions like:

Shoot Point: Lost Worlds
    Shoot Point: Cyber Times
    Shoot Point: Dark Skies
    etc.

using the same game mechanics but with different models, styles, music, vibes, and more. The game is also open for collaborations, like Disney-type Star Wars design.

CHECK THE VIDEO OF A DEMO:

WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN THIS PROJECT, AND WHAT WILL YOU GET FROM IT?
    I'm looking for a designer who can set up a few beautiful scenes using the Polyquest World Package (or any other package)

I've done some analysis of the market, and it's clear that we're at the start of mass VR/AR adoption. In this year, numerous hardware companies have introduced new VR hardware. We're also waiting for Apple to introduce their VR glasses, which is going to be a big catalyst for this market. I strongly believe that VR/AR is like the internet from the 90s and it's going to be big.

If we can create a good game (and I know we can!), it's undoubtedly a big opportunity to make money. I can offer 10-20% of the stake depending on the amount of work you put in.

WHAT KIND OF PERSON AM I LOOKING FOR?
    I'm from the Czech Republic, but I'm looking for someone from around the globe who is:

- A nice person
    - Can effortlessly work with a unity package to create a scene.
    - Have an eye for "sci-fi concept" style level design.

It's also nice to have some VR experience, so you know how it feels to be in a VR environment, and a VR headset (Quest or anything else) to check your work. -- not a condition

WHAT IS MY JOB HERE?
    I'll take care of the DEV work, marketing, sales pitching, and deal making. However, I've spent too much time on this game to not bring it to the market and make some money. I know this game is missing in the stores, and I'm willing to do everything to make it one of the best selling VR games.

My normal paid job is an IT Project Management for one of the biggest software houses in Central Europe.
    But this is project for escaping the Matrix.

HOW WILL WE WORK TOGETHER?
    We'll hold two basic documents: a contract between us that outlines the stake, amount of work, responsibilities, project plan (testing, marketing, launch), plan for exit (selling the company), process of paying us, etc., and a work package specification. The work package specification will contain the specs for you to create a scene, based on which we can set up acceptance

Based on these documents, we'll both have a clear understanding of the job requirements and how we'll get paid. I only expect you to work a few hours a week.

The first world is called Drylands and has a Caves, Rocks, and Canyons-style map. Although there are 10 levels, we don't need to create 10 different maps. I think 3-4 different styles are enough, and we can adjust things like the camera position and lighting to make each level feel distinct.

I'd like you to create, besides the scenes as itself, the "player hub scene", including props like a table and maybe a cyber-bike (I get the models). Additionally, you'll could be responsible for creating the menu loading scene and UI for canvases like the menu and level results.

In the future, we'll work on implementing the other worlds, including Frostbite (frozen scenes) and Primal (forest scenes), but these are not part of the minimum viable product (MVP).

Did I pique your interest? If so, please feel free to reach out to me via DM so we can discuss it further.

Best regards,
    Jiri.