Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Feature Request VIVOX Text Chat Backup

Discussion in 'Vivox (Voice & Text Chat)' started by RKS13D, Nov 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RKS13D

RKS13D

Is there a facility of having a backup of text chats in VIVOX when I join a channel for creating some features like text messenger in a game

2. emilyryan

emilyryan

Unity Technologies

Hello! Unfortunately we do not offer any type of message history or long term message management with our text chat system. However, I will take note of this post to try and help gauge the community interest for this feature. We apologize for any inconvenience!

MurphyMurph_21 and RKS13D like this.
  3. fareedtahir

fareedtahir

We @dexihunter are looking for chat backup.

4. MurphyMurph_21

MurphyMurph_21

Does that mean that the Text Archiving System previously implemented in Vivox

Developer Documentation - VivoxUnity.IAccountArchiveMessage Interface Reference
    Developer Documentation - VivoxUnity.IArchiveQueryResult Interface Reference

is fully deprecated and not coming back. I remember ya'll were working on it before Unity bought Vivox.

5. emilyryan

emilyryan

Unity Technologies

Hello @MurphyMurph_21!

Unfortunately, we do not know where bringing back Text Archiving and the API's you've referenced above, falls on our road map. The previous work that you are referencing was unfortunately deprioritized. I apologize for any inconvenience. However, if an SDK with this feature is completed, it will be announced to all developers, commented here and on the following article will also be updated accordingly: https://support.unity.com/hc/en-us/...an-you-access-chat-history-in-Vivox-messages-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.