Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Vivox chat channel sample is not working

Discussion in 'Vivox (Voice & Text Chat)' started by adutton, Oct 18, 2022.

1. adutton

adutton

I have downloaded Vivox version 15.1.190000.pre1. When inspecting the VivoxVoiceManager I find that the following items are not be found or do not exist.
    private Account m_Account;
    private Client _client => VivoxService.Instance.Client;
    options.SetVivoxCredentials(_server, _domain, _issuer, _key);
    VivoxService.Instance.Initialize();

As a result of this when the second person signs in, it results in a disconnect failure - Target Object does not exist(1001).

Can anyone advise what I need to do to get this to work.

2. MurphyMurph_21

MurphyMurph_21

So can the first person sign in to Vivox before the second person disconnects? Also are you using the Unity Gaming Services dashboard for Vivox credentials/project setup(without/ or with the Unity Authentication package) or are you using the Vivox Developer Portal(without/or with the Unity Authentication Package)???

emilyryan likes this.
  3. emilyryan

emilyryan

Unity Technologies

I am so sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue! We have reproduced this issue in house and are investigating the cause. Thank you for your patience and I apologize for the inconvenience!

MurphyMurph_21 likes this.
  4. adutton

adutton

Thank you for your response.
    The first person signs in and his/her name appears in the roster. When the second person signs in, the first person is disconnected. I was using Unity Gaming Services dashboard.

5. UnityKip

UnityKip

Unity Technologies

Hi @adutton

I have a more detailed reply to this issue here, but the short answer here is that you might be running into an issue with cached credentials from using SignInAnonymouslyAsync() from Unity Authentication. Can you try the recommendations from that thread and let me know if it works for you?

-Kip