Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Visual Studio 2017 File modification detected

Discussion in '2018.1 Beta' started by Player7, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Player7

Player7

VS2017 has really gotten annoying in 2018.1 lately... to the extent that just about everytime I go back to Unity from VS and maybe play the build and then dbl click on a script from (doesn't even matter where.. component, console project) the moment I get back into VS2017 it will have something like this opened....

I've accidentally pressed reload a few times and that also seems to wipe your entire VS opened file tabs on occasions.. really annoying.

I can't tell what it is that is doing it.. is it the package manager stuff that seems to be in the project solution now?

DougRichardson likes this.
  2. LaneFox

LaneFox

Also noticed this. Scripts don't have to change, the solution gets modified and when reloaded all of your open scripts are closed - like previously when you move them in the project folder and reloaded the solution in vs, except you haven't actually changed anything and it still closes them.

3. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Yep same here, makes me pull the most expressionless face I possibly can.

4. rastlin

rastlin

I believe this is caused by updated VSTU and the new reload solution feature. Try disabling it in options:

IMG - I seem to have a problem with pasting images...

This was handled way better when it was up to VS to reload the solution, my open files ware kept intact.

5. sailro

sailro

Microsoft

Hi

We investigated with Unity this case where Unity 2018 beta was not properly delegating to VSTU the generation of solution and project files. Because of this, you ended up with a regular C# solution so all VSTU features regarding debugging, wizards, reloading, etc... were disabled in VS.

It was a registration issue, that was just fixed in Unity beta. We also patched VSTU to be more resilient about those issues.

We expect the fix to be soon available in Unity beta.

Regarding auto-reloading we also upgraded our code. This should land with VSTU 3.6.0.2.

Regards
    Sebastien Lebreton [MSFT]

6. Player7

Player7

I'm glad it's getting fixed, those iteration testing delays really feel like they add up between Unity's time compiling often minor changes and this current issue tabbing back to VS and reloading solution woes.

7. Tesrym

Tesrym

This is no longer a problem in beta 7.
    Good job guys :)

8. Tesrym

Tesrym

Oh. Someone broke something. Its back again in beta 9. (I did not try 8. skipped)

9. OswaldHurlem

OswaldHurlem

I've encountered this recently but have not been keeping track.
    2018.1.0b9 with VS Community 15.6 Preview 6.0 does not seem to have this problem.

10. snacktime

snacktime

I'm having this issue in beta 9 with VS 15.5.7

11. jbevain

jbevain

Microsoft