Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Visual C# Compiler error

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Karkazaz, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Karkazaz

Karkazaz

I'm having a compiler error when trying to play an empty project.
    Unity version: 2019.3.7f1

I tried reinstalling Visual Studio 2019. I don't find any good solutions when searching for this error. Restarting computer doesn't work. Restarting or reinstalling Unity doesn't work. I'm totally lost here.

I have also tried removing both Unity and Unity Hub and all Unity folders I could find in my Program Files folder and in my AppData/Roaming and AppData/Local but it did not help either.

Microsoft (R) Visual C# Compiler version 2.9.1.65535 (9d34608e)
    Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

upload_2020-4-2_23-35-49.png

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    sn1ckers likes this.
  2. Karkazaz

Karkazaz

I was a few Windows versions behind and updated now to the latest but it did not help me either.

3. Karkazaz

Karkazaz

I did some research and tried to remove all of my preinstalled packages in the package manager:
    Now I don't have any errors, but at the same time, I can't live without these...
    I tried to add "2D Sprite" back again but I immidiately got the same error. Do anyone know what's going on?

4. Karkazaz

Karkazaz

Bumping because I really want to use Unity. Is there some way I can enable verbose mode so that I can get more error output or something like that? Is there any Unity developer employee who can reach out a hand for me here?

5. Karkazaz

Karkazaz

I tried to download Unity 2020.1.0b4 (64-bit) but I got the same errors there.
    I also tried Unity 2019.1.14f1 (64-bit) but that gave me the same errors. This is becoming frustrating hard...

6. Karkazaz

Karkazaz

Bumpibg again to hope someone can help me

7. rclushi

rclushi

Try to clear out the value inside your registry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor\AutoRun

and

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor\AutoRun