Search Unity

Bug Video Recorder Breaking Bug: Output Resolution !works (matches game win)

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by MrLucid72, Dec 8, 2020.

1. MrLucid72

MrLucid72

If I set output resolution to FHD, but my game window is 420p, then it records 420p. Output resolution is completely ignored and just uses game window (which cannot achieve FHD).

How can I record videos within Unity as a workaround with FHD until this is fixed?

EDIT: May have found a workaround by making the tab float - seems to actually use output res defined.

2. unitybru

unitybru

Unity Technologies

Can you share your Recorder Window settings please?

3. MrLucid72

MrLucid72

Not at home for screenshot, but the output was definitely at 1080 fhd at 30 fps on game window (not a cam) for mp4 at high quality.

I noticed the quality was poor, so I was suspicious. I moved the game window smaller, recorded, and the resolution was smaller.

Unity 2020.1.16

4. unitybru

unitybru

Unity Technologies

If the issue is that the output file is really 1080 px tall BUT it really is an upscaled version of the low res Game View, then it is a known issue that has been fixed and will appear in the next release.

MrLucid72 likes this.
  5. MrLucid72

MrLucid72

Awesome! Yep, it seems to match the resolution per se, just upscaled/stretched to look poor. I think you got it!

Btw I noticed this package is in preview: I thought it was actually released long ago? Maybe in like ~2018

unitybru likes this.
  6. unitybru

unitybru

Unity Technologies

It has been released for a while but has not been verified yet. We are working on this. Glad we identified your problem.

7. unitybru

unitybru

Unity Technologies

8. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

This is awesome. Just updated this asset and it works quite well, except when I go to render my models at 4k. I've had renders that unfortunately exhibited artefacts and I can't use the footage for showreels.

Things like this.

upload_2020-12-28_19-34-35.png upload_2020-12-28_19-34-11.png upload_2020-12-28_19-29-45.png

It goes away when I get down to FHD... I currently don't own a 4k monitor or a high end desktop to really test it out.

Is there a way around this?

9. unitybru

unitybru

Unity Technologies

Just to be certain, your artefacts appear in the Editor, not (only) in the output files of Unity Recorder?

10. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Unfortunately these artefacts appear in the output video. :( And there is a refresh issue as well when I want a clean screenshot with detail on it

11. unitybru

unitybru

Unity Technologies

This is an issue either with your model or with the mesh import logic. I suggest you post this issue in the appropriate forum section (Graphics? not sure where it would best fit) because I can't help you with that. Cheers

12. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Btw, these visual artefacts appear in the game view...