Search Unity

1. If you have experience with import & exporting custom (.unitypackage) packages, please help complete a survey (open until May 15, 2024).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Video Video on Android freezes after a few seconds

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by keenanwoodall, Jul 14, 2019.

1. keenanwoodall

keenanwoodall

I'm playing a 4k 360 video using the Video Player component. The video plays fine in the editor but freezes on my Android.

I made a simple test scene to make sure no external code was messing anything up and it still freezes. The render mode is set to material override and I'm using the standard Unlit/Texture shader (not using render pipelines.)

I tried enabling and disabling transcoding on the video clip asset but it didn't make a difference. The video file is an mp4.

I printed the logcat to a text file using:
    adb logcat -d | findstr -i unity > log.txt
    There weren't any errors that stood out to me as relevant but I don't have any experience debugging on android so I attached it in case I missed something.

I'm using Unity version 2018.1.9f2 since this is an old project that uses some assets have been deprecated in newer versions.

[edit] I've been developing on a Pixel 2. I just tried putting a build on a Galaxy S9 and the video played back correctly. Not a fan of the phone being the problem but I'm not sure if there's anything I can do about it.

Attached Files:

• log.txt
      File size:
      5.1 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
  2. unbreakable3D

unbreakable3D

I'm building a test app using AR Foundation and experienced a video freeze (as well as a lot of tracking lag).
    Unity 2019.1
    AR Foundation 2.1 (preview)
    Pixel 2 for testing
    1920x1080 video, mp4, transcoded
    ...wish I had a Galaxy to test with!

Also, I realize this I'm necro-ing this thread, it just seems the issue may still be relevant.

3. Alberto_N

Alberto_N

I'm experiencing basicly the exact same problem here using Cardboard and Android... I get to play a few seconds of the video in 360 and it then stops leaving no trace of errors... I can even stop the video and play it again, it will play the same part then stop. No external codes are controlling the video at all and the VR part still works normally apart from the video... I've tested the app in a Redmi Note 8.

I'm currently using Unity 2019.4.15f1 and version 2.0.0 of Cardboard SDK. I hate to necro an old thread but it's a very similiar problem and I have not found any solutions regarding it.

4. Alberto_N

Alberto_N

5. reviewscot

reviewscot

I'm experiencing basicly the exact same problem here using Cardboard and Android... I get to play a few seconds of the video in 360 and it then stops leaving no trace of errors... I can even stop the video and play it again, it will play the same part then stop. No external codes are controlling the video at all and the VR part still works normally apart from the video... I've tested the app in a Redmi Note 8.

I'm currently using Unity 2019.4.15f1 and version 2.0.0 of Cardboard SDK. I hate to necro an old thread but it's a very similiar problem and I have not found any solutions regarding it.

6. unity_68A881ACD256607C239C

unity_68A881ACD256607C239C

I'm experiencing the same problem of video freezing or hanged in the Android. I'm using vuforia and Android. Can anyone help...???